How many late winning goals does it take...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted member 18477

cool_story_bro_house_Cool_story_bro_Worlds_most_epic_story_the_beginning-s515x589-103680-580.jpg

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Do I assume all the whiners are looking around the stands for the last 10 mins rather than the game?
Really, who genuinely gives a f***.
I go watch the game don't care what other around me are doing, don't care and its none of my business
The atmosphere, is not good, the songs are wrong, people are leaving early, no pies left, away support is shit etc etc just watch the game FFS
Why are people bothered by it?

Nov 10, 2011
Do I assume all the whiners are looking around the stands for the last 10 mins rather than the game?
Really, who genuinely gives a f***.
I go watch the game don't care what other around me are doing, don't care and its none of my business
The atmosphere, is not good, the songs are wrong, people are leaving early, no pies left, away support is shit etc etc just watch the game FFS
Why are people bothered by it?

If you are so carefree then why are you getting so pissed off with the people that bring up these issues?

I'm not really bothered with any of the other things you've mentioned, just the leaving early thing gets to me - that's just how I feel. The main reason for going to the game is to support the albion, and surely that is supporting them to the end, not just until when it's convenient.

And I don't need to look round as I am able to notice it while watching the game at the same time; my eyes are quite clever like that.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Their own fault. Am sure 5% make the choice due to a legitimate reason like GOT to be home certain time or a disability but the rest deserve what they get. Never left early once and can't see I ever would tbh

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Maybe for some people, going to a football match is like going to a night club rather than the cinema. You enjoy it but you don't have to stay to the end.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Craig Mackail Smith walks around the field and claps everyone at the end. I think everyone should stay for that reason alone.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The same people who leave early near where I am are the same people who arrive 10 minutes late, leave 5 minutes before half time and arrive back to their seats another 5 minutes into the second half.

Yes I realise people are entitled to leave when they want but believe me when the same people are constantly late to their seats and you have to put up with getting up and down and miss parts of the match I've paid to see every week, it gets f***ing tedious!

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well I have only left early once this year and that was when Murray scored their third. However, as soon as the whistle goes, more often than not I am down the exit heading for the 5 flights of stairs. Good luck and well done to CMS for his lap of honour but I've only seen it once. It doesn't matter. I wonder how many of those persistent whingers are happy to leave 10 mins before half time to get their half time beer and/or pie (if available). As for other clubs, which ones are moaning about our fans leaving early. And if they are, who gives a damn. And despite what some say, those that constantly raise this issue are trying to show they are a better fan than others, irrespective of whether they have good reason to or not.

stroller

Jun 24, 2011
I actually like the ones that leave early. My seat is right next to the exit so it gives me and everyone behind me a valid excuse to stand up for the last 10 minutes so we can see :thumbsup:

Some people have an overwhelming dislike for queing, which I can understand. Some have families at home that they dont see all week. Some have other halves who really appreciate them home early to help out with the kids and some, im sure, are just going to que for Dicks Bar. Some play online poker from 7pm and wanna get home to eat dinner and see their kids first.

Im all of the above by the way but luckily for me I also love a post match pint so I stay :D

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's about how we're being perceived by other clubs for having so many that leave early, and about supporting our team right to the end of the game, as surely that is the reason why we're there?

It happens at every ground, every game, for every team. We are not unique.

Just for the record I saw people leaving the Leicester end when we scored.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Fortunately we come dowm by coach, so it's not a problem for us. I wouldn't leave early anyway.

With the extra seats coming in, and the possibility of prem football in the next year or three, get used to it! People will leave early. Go to Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U etc and you will always see people leaving to "beat the rush".

You pays your money you takes your choice.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
I get brassed off having to keep getting up to let people walk in front of me while the game's reaching a crucial stage. If they did it near the end of a film or play you'd wonder what the f*** they were playing at.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
:tosser:
"I pay my money I'll leave when I want"
"Transport is a nightmare"
"Kids need to get home to bed"

Bullshit excuses, all of them. For a 3pm Saturday kick off there is f*** ALL excuse for leaving early. Your kids do not need to get up for school the next day, and the latest they'll be home is 7 anyway, even if you stay for an hour afterwards. Transport isn't as bad now, much better organised, and the 'I pay my money' is the one that pisses me off the most. It's not actually an answer for why they're leaving. It's not actually justification for missing late goals like Donny, Forest or Leicester. We live in Worthing and we regularly stay for 45 mins-an hour afterward, comfortably get a train back to Brighton and then pop on one westbound and we're home by half 6/7pm.

We can say "it's their loss, they miss late goals" and JLEs can say "I don't care, I need to get home so I'll take the risk" but the reality is if you're not going to use your seat for the whole game I'm sure there will be someone who does want it, can rarely get a ticket, and will stay to clap the team off at the end. Fast becoming my greatest annoyance, because it's not just the odd one or two people, the aisles are crammed with apparently rapturously busy people positively POURING out on 87 minutes. Idiots the lot of 'em. Rant over.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Old boy that sits infront of me in wsu has left no later than 70 mins every time. He's even left on 55 mins before. Hes hardly seen a goal all season!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Old boy that sits infront of me in wsu has left no later than 70 mins every time. He's even left on 55 mins before. Hes hardly seen a goal all season!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the guy that did 10 years in north stand at withdean, left on 73 mins reg as clockwork, added 3 mins I see, for the stairs I guess?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports