How many are now on the anti Hammond band wagon ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Allways thought Hammond looked more dangerous playing on the left of midfield. He was doing well there last season and then he got put in the centre and his game went down hill.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
oapdodge said:
Who do we replace him with ? Do you think he doesn't try ?

If he does, it barely shows. He's not the most technically gifted player, but he should at least be a box-to-box midfielder - however, he spends the whole match plodding around in the centre circle losing possession and diving in with stupid tackles. There simply is no way he should be in the team.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
British Bulldog said:
Allways thought Hammond looked more dangerous playing on the left of midfield. He was doing well there last season and then he got put in the centre and his game went down hill.

Its because he as to tackle less on the left.

oapdodge said:
First home league game for a while. Having watched the Boston game in the north stand I was amazed at the anti Hammond supporters in the South stand. Is he the latest target ?
Yes, he is the new Charlie Oatway who people love to scapegoat. Dean may not be in top form at the mo', but the abuse he gets is ridiculous, just like Charlie's in the recent past. Dean gets it worse too because he was overhyped on here about a year ago and people also seem to be punishing him for not living up to being the next big thing (see also this forum's treatment of Jake Robinson).

Dean can't get his attacking game going but defensively he is still doing OK across the 6 games, perhaps less well in the last couple. Some particularly brave defensive work at Rotherham, including one tackle that stopped a clear scoring chance.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don Tmatter said:
How about giving Alexis Nicholas a try?
Oh, that's right we released him didn't we:rolleyes:
Sorry I must have missed it, What club is this fantastic midfielder now playing for?

Obviously this amazing midfielder who could walk into our mid table mid field must have a club higher than us?

Oh wait.............. :jester:

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The only player i ever hated for Brighton was Andy Kennedy

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
algie said:
The only player i ever hated for Brighton was Andy Kennedy

only cos he got to shag maria whittaker

:lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think Hammond has lost a bit of confidence thats all. Maybe a spell in the stiffs would help.

I would also love to see Reidy in the centre with Chippy.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
There probably is a bit of a anti-Hammond bandwagon going ona
at the moment but that doesn't disguise that hsi recent form is very poor.
On saturday he did nothing apart from lose the ball, he's done little attacking wise and i struggle to rememebr him putting in any challenges.
I don't think he deserves abuse but he either has no confidence at the moment or isn't trying, and there are other players who could play instead of him

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Hammond shouldn't be in the team but that is the management team's fault. He hasn't become a bad player, he is just missing something from his game whether it is the timing or the movement that saw him get all them goals before. He needs some time away from the first team. I think it is fair enough for fans to criticise as long as it doesn't turn into a witch hunt.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
LOFT just HAS to come in for Hammond, unless we miraculously sign someone!

I 100% agree with you. Please note that, those who say I agree with everything the manager does.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think Paul Reid should be in for Hammond. He is our best midfielder at the moment.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I think Paul Reid should be in for Hammond. He is our best midfielder at the moment.

The problem is he's probably the best right back at the moment too.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Turkey said:

El-Abd is a better RB than Hammond is a midfielder at the moment.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Turkey said:

I think hes the only right back.....and its not even his position....

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Les Biehn said:
El-Abd is a better RB than Hammond is a midfielder at the moment.
But he's also a better central defender than Santos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports