How many are now on the anti Hammond band wagon ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
First home league game for a while. Having watched the Boston game in the north stand I was amazed at the anti Hammond supporters in the South stand. Is he the latest target ? Who is going to be next ? Perhaps Revell because he hasn't scored for how many games ? Or Lynch because we have let a few goals in ?
Henderson already has his mates who applaud a simple catch or cheer sarcastically when he comes off his line. Perhaps we should start having a go at Gary hart for not trying ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He deserves to be dropped but I don't slag off any player in the stripes.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Dean Hammond's only contribution of any note to the season so far was a well taken penalty. I think many hoped the step down would allow him to regain some form after his nightmare last season, but if anything he appears to have gotten worse.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
How is it getting on a bandwagon? When someone has been coasting through games for about 6 months they deserve some stick,just to gee them up a bit

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I have taken a strong disliking to him, but only fairly recently - last season i was on the 'anti-carpenter bandwagon' as you might put it, but Chippy has put in some much better performances this season, while Hammonds have been utter utter toss.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Who do we replace him with ? Do you think he doesn't try ?
Coasting is a strong word for a player that gives his all. If that is not good enough replace him with someone who is better. Now who ?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
LOFT just HAS to come in for Hammond, unless we miraculously sign someone!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
oapdodge said:
Who do we replace him with ? Do you think he doesn't try ?
Coasting is a strong word for a player that gives his all. If that is not good enough replace him with someone who is better. Now who ?
How about giving Alexis Nicholas a try?
Oh, that's right we released him didn't we:rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kerry Mayo is my subject for abuse. And McGoo obviously.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm not convinced but at least when he came on yesterday he wanted the ball and was willing to take it forward.

The point is Hammond does not merit a place in the team.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A friend of mine summed Hammond up a season or so ago: a very average player who justifies his place in the team on his goals. This was the tail end of the season before last when he had that knack of scoring goals by coming into the box late. Now that has gone he should also be gone.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Silent Bob said:
I'm not convinced but at least when he came on yesterday he wanted the ball and was willing to take it forward.

The point is Hammond does not merit a place in the team.

Cannot argue with that. As we have an abundance of central defenders when they are all fit how about Hinshlewood as the holding/defensive midfielder thus allowing the other 3 in a 4-2-4 formation to get forward

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports