Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long did it take you to get out of Cardiff?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
We saw them collect the trophy and come running round to where I was sitting (North West corner), then decided to make a go for it. We got out of the car park easily and I was home by 9.30. Driver's choice, not mine, I would have stayed for a lot longer, but one of our party had been to the Cup Final and had a nightmare getting out, so we decided that would be sensible. Didn't spoil the day, though. Using special trains is not that easy for us in the north of the county, as I'd have had to get to Haywards Heath and all the parking restrictions apply on a Saturday and I would have not been able to:drink:of course and Network Rail decided to do engineering work on my line.

Left the green car park at 6.30pm, finally limping back into Worthing around midnight. We spent two and half hours in almost gridlock before crosing the bridge around 9pm. At any other time, the stress levels would have been sky high, but did we care? Nah. Fantastic organisation by the local authorities for those coming by road. The park a ride buses were like something I went to school on in the seventies though. Guess they still have their use what with all the many events that the Millenium stadium hosts these days. Still once again, who cares? Next time, I'd use the train if it was an option. That gridlock isn't a worry if you win, but if you lose? :ohmy:

Ezekiel Rowe

Apr 23, 2004
beorhthelm said:
i think every one went by car as we all feared a cock up with the trains... :dunce:

Anyone who was on the route via Fratton would disagree. About 50 Albion fans missed their connection (due to late running of the trains). The train conductor lied and said there would be coaches waiting to take us from Fratton to Brighton....but at 10.30pm still no sign. They ended up sending a convoy of Taxi's to deliver everyone home (free of charge)...but some fans had already panicked and paid the £90 that the ordinary cabbies were quoting for the ride back to Brighton.

But, we got home, we won...so nit-picking really.

POB76

Mar 28, 2004
Hove
Found a great parking spot by the park and ride pick up point After going round the roundabout a few times playing sussex by as loud as possible out of Cariff by 1815 got back to Hove by 2120

Great Day:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :eek:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Having finally found the coaches to get the Giant Flag a lift home, enjoyed a beer by the castle and a moment of high comedy involving the portaloo there, we made the 18:50 to Gloucester by the skin of our teeth and had a trouble free journey - amazed by the number of seagulls fans on the train heading to Gloucester and beyond.

By 8:30 we were ordering grub in a pub in Tewkesbury, drinking Old Specked Hen and chatting to Huddersfield fans about the day they had ahead of them.

:clap: What a Day :clap:

Polish Count

Feb 5, 2004
BN1
We parked in Cathedral Road, so had a 10 minute walk back to the car amidst MARVELLOUS SCENES! Left Cardiff at just before 6pm,but crawled along in traffic to the bridge....not that we cared at all :D

Once we were over the other side the traffic was fine, and I dropped my mate back in Harpenden at 8.30pm. I got back to Brighton dead on the stroke of 10pm.

Fantastic day out, and even getting up at 4.30am didn't spoilt it ;)

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
sullyupthewing said:
Got pissed off in the tailbacks after the game, turned North to Pontypool then down to Usk then Chepstow and back on the Bridge.

We did that as well and went for a Pizza in Pontypool then headed up through Monmouth eventually on to the M5. Got to Glasgow at 3.50 am and home at 4.40. I think we moved about 5miles in over an hour before we went off the M4 at junction 28.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We were heading back to Oxford and got there at 8.45. Cardiff was a doddle; back to car by 6.05 and out or Cardiff by 6.15. Went via Pontypool, Caerphilly and Usk, lovely scenic route.

Hassle getting trains back to London from Oxford though, ended up changing at Basingstoke, where we encountered some more Seagulls fans. We certainly get everywhere.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Zeitgeist said:
Left the green car park at 6.30pm, finally limping back into Worthing around midnight. We spent two and half hours in almost gridlock before crosing the bridge around 9pm. At any other time, the stress levels would have been sky high, but did we care? Nah. Fantastic organisation by the local authorities for those coming by road. The park a ride buses were like something I went to school on in the seventies though. Guess they still have their use what with all the many events that the Millenium stadium hosts these days. Still once again, who cares? Next time, I'd use the train if it was an option. That gridlock isn't a worry if you win, but if you lose? :ohmy:

We must have been right behind you, you werent the ones playing footy in the car park were you?

Left pub at about 6. Got out of park and ride by about 6.45. Stuck in traffic for what seemed like an eternity (would have been horrible if we'd have lost!), but didn't really care. Made it to services about 9. Burger King Q was stupid so we had fish & chip from Harry Ramsdens, plus a drink for the bargain price of £8.78! Again, that wopuld have annoyed the sh*t out of me if we'd lost, but I was in such a good mood I actually laughed when told the price.

Made it back here for 11.30. Big thanks to Mr C for doing he driving. F*ck knows what time he got home (he lives in Kent!).

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Left P&R at 6.20ish with my newly purchased albion flag in the rear window of my van. Spent a nice couple of hours at some friends in Camarthan before getting to pembroke docks at about midnight. Got home at 9.40 this morning and even managed to get a well done to the albion text read out on cork local radio.

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
Train back to Fratton was not so great. Started off half an hour late with only 2 carriages for hundreds of us. There was no air conditioning which was made worse by the windows being locked shut until half way through journey. Several fans flouted no smoking ban making it even worse on board. We also had a group of Bristol City wankers complete with rather large potted rubber plant, who exchanged homophobic chants with our beastiality ones, thankfully all in fairly good humour.
Luckily we drove to Portsmouth harbour to catch the train before the Fratton crush so did not have the hassle with missing coaches/taxis. Got home to Worthing at 11.30pm. Great day out, great Stadium, great result!!!
DIV 1 HERE WE COME
:clap2: :clap2: :clap: :bounce: :bounce: :lolol: :jester:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Gully said:
Caught the 18.15 to Gloucester and was back home in Gully Towers eating my supper at 20.00, reflecting on a truly marvellous day out.

I parked at Gloucester thanks to Lord B's suggestion. Took a lot less time to get there than expected from Worthing and I got the first train into Cardiff at 10.12am. Got the 1815 back too and was in Worthing shortly after 10 with a very trouble free journey.

What a great day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here