Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long did it take you to get out of Cardiff?

Soton Seagull said:
Left pub at about 6. Got out of park and ride by about 6.45. Stuck in traffic for what seemed like an eternity (would have been horrible if we'd have lost!), but didn't really care. Made it to services about 9. Burger King Q was stupid so we had fish & chip from Harry Ramsdens, plus a drink for the bargain price of £8.78! Again, that wopuld have annoyed the sh*t out of me if we'd lost, but I was in such a good mood I actually laughed when told the price.

Made it back here for 11.30. Big thanks to Mr C for doing he driving. F*ck knows what time he got home (he lives in Kent!).
Umm...about 3:15 in the end :ohmy:

May 29, 2004
Lancing
Coach left at 6:15pm, crossed the English Border at 8:30pm, arrived Worthing 12:15am! But all worth it!
:ascarf: :mexican: :ascarf:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
strike95 said:
I left at about 6:00pm and was back in Sussex at about 10:30pm.

Total time 4h 30mins.
Thanks. That saved me sitting here working it out.
;)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Left the yellow car park shortly after 6 and crawled along the M4 until junction 28, where we nipped through the centre of Newport and on upwards to Monmouth. Dropped the kids at the campsite near Symonds Yat at about 9 (it had taken less than an hour in the opposite direction) and got back on the road as soon as possible, stopping for some food at Membury and finally arriving home about 12.30.

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
We had a right result getting back....

Returned back to Green Car park at 18.40 after grabbing a bite to eat, and preceeded to change flat front tyre that we limped down on....

Left at 19.00 and quickly got snarled up on the road parallel to the dock basin. I ducked off under the bridge to East Cardiff and did quite well for 10 mins before reaching another queue.

Step forward a kind old Welsh boy who shouts out to follow him on a shortcut while pulling a U'ey in the middle of the road. Me and several other Albion follow him (he even waited at one point when he lost us as he jumped a set of lights) and voila - 10 mins later and he's bought us out at J28...saving us bags of time!

A quick crawl over the bridge and we're flying - Haywards Heath by 22.00 to drop a mate off and me and the lad in for 22.30 at Littlehampton.

Jobs a good un!!:clap2:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
6 hours after full time, I was only 40 miles away from Cardiff. Made it in at 1.30, fell asleep in front of SS news in stripes and face paint, woke up when the Argus fell through the letter box.

just_bhafc

Oct 14, 2003
Shoreham Beach
Left Cardiff at 6.00pm and was drinking champagne in my local on Shoreham Beach at 10.00pm and we stopped twice on the way back!?! Result! :drink:

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Stayed in town afterwards. Hotel directly opposite a major Bristol City pub. Had to say City were in a very bad way and being quite abusive, considering my kids are 13 and 16 it was a little uncalled for. (Kids just laughed at them) This particular element were being watched by a significant number of police, who were very effecive, and soon had them tidied up.

Celebratory night in local restaurant, (full of very attractive local talent.) Staggered 20 yards back to hotel afterwards. Straight forward rail journey home Monday until we hit Southern, when the usual chaos ensued. Total travel time 4 hours 30 mins.

The greatest day ever?

Vicar:drink:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We drove and was back in the Witch in Lindfield at 8.45 !
Timed it perfectly after watching the boys parade the trophy. Had the perfect spot in the car park and was out before anyone else !

Superb :clap2:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
My girlfriend and I were heading back to Abergavenny after the game, on the train that heads through Newport up to Pontypool and Cwbran. We had to get into the "Newport Only" queue with the knowledge that the ONLY train for Abergavenny was leaving at 18:15, via Newport.

The queue didnt move until about half past, so she was getting well and truely pissed off with standing around. The next train to Abergavenny wasn't until 20:15, so we just ended up going to Newport and sitting in the Pizza Hut there with a few other Albion fans, and finally got back to our camp site about 21:15 to find that it had partially collapsed.

Great day walking after that though. About 15-20kms in total, and got to the top of Skirrid Hill, only to find a kiddie wearing an Albion shirt up there. Marvellous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here