Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How Do You Think OUR Boys Did In The World Cup?

luge

Dec 18, 2010
SANCHEZ - Obviously nothing to say apart from I don't think Unai Simon covered himself in glory, especially on the pen shootout.

ESTUPINAN - Could well end up as a LB of the tournament, despite Ecuador's early exit. Superb in all three games.

CAICEDO - Alaways made an impression in each of the games, and scored. Ecuador were naive against Senegal. I think they would have been a tougher opponent to England.

SARMIENTO - Excellent performances off the bench in the first two games especially.

MITOMA - A standout player for Japan. I do understand the coach's tactics, but he was such a handful for everyone that it was weird that he was always a sub. There are more famous players in teams that have lasted later in the competition in his position, but for a while, he was the most effective player in that position in any team.

LAMPTEY - played well unfortunately got turned inside out in the Uruguay game. I forget how young he actually is, his level of play for that age is excellent 0 but weirdly expect more from him at the same time. I do wonder if he will end up at RB in the future, he is clearly better offensively.

TROSSARD - If rumours are to be believed then the Belgium camp was not a happy place; and he was directly competing with Eden Hazard who has been off form and kept him out of the team. When he came on in the first two games, he made a difference. Against Croatia he, and the belguim team, did not lay a glove on them until after he went off. Probably a win for Brighton that they didn't go further forward in the tournament.

MAC ALLISTER - His playing relationship with Messi has lit up that team, alongside the inclusion of Julian Alverez. Mac Allister operates in the entire midfield, often as a number 6 (especially when messi goes on a forward run) but also blending into a 10 and an 8. For me, and I know for many pundits out there, he is in with a shout of team of the tournament. I'd have him alongside Griezmann in those central positions. Out of all our players - he is the one that will attract most worldwide attention due to them getting to the final, but the new contract protects the club.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The Athletic got some of their writers to pick their XI of the World Cup. Mitoma made it in to quite a few teams. No other Albion players got picked.

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
SANCHEZ - Obviously nothing to say apart from I don't think Unai Simon covered himself in glory, especially on the pen shootout.

ESTUPINAN - Could well end up as a LB of the tournament, despite Ecuador's early exit. Superb in all three games.

CAICEDO - Alaways made an impression in each of the games, and scored. Ecuador were naive against Senegal. I think they would have been a tougher opponent to England.

SARMIENTO - Excellent performances off the bench in the first two games especially.

MITOMA - A standout player for Japan. I do understand the coach's tactics, but he was such a handful for everyone that it was weird that he was always a sub. There are more famous players in teams that have lasted later in the competition in his position, but for a while, he was the most effective player in that position in any team.

LAMPTEY - played well unfortunately got turned inside out in the Uruguay game. I forget how young he actually is, his level of play for that age is excellent 0 but weirdly expect more from him at the same time. I do wonder if he will end up at RB in the future, he is clearly better offensively.

TROSSARD - If rumours are to be believed then the Belgium camp was not a happy place; and he was directly competing with Eden Hazard who has been off form and kept him out of the team. When he came on in the first two games, he made a difference. Against Croatia he, and the belguim team, did not lay a glove on them until after he went off. Probably a win for Brighton that they didn't go further forward in the tournament.

MAC ALLISTER - His playing relationship with Messi has lit up that team, alongside the inclusion of Julian Alverez. Mac Allister operates in the entire midfield, often as a number 6 (especially when messi goes on a forward run) but also blending into a 10 and an 8. For me, and I know for many pundits out there, he is in with a shout of team of the tournament. I'd have him alongside Griezmann in those central positions. Out of all our players - he is the one that will attract most worldwide attention due to them getting to the final, but the new contract protects the club.
You've absolutely nailed it for me. :thumbsup:

Agree with every word of that.

All in all, our players have done us proud out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here