Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How Do You Think OUR Boys Did In The World Cup?

el punal

I am referring of course to those talented chaps who play for the glorious Brighton and Hove Albion!

For me, the outstanding performances have come from Kauro Mitoma and Alexis MacAllister. Mitoma’s electric pace and THAT cutback. Ally Mac’s link up play with Messi and his overall midfield masterclass. In addition, Trossard did well in a very disappointing Belgium side. The Three Amigos of Caicedo, Estupinan and Sarmiento were certainly the pick of the bunch for Ecuador. Tariq Lamptey was a giant for Ghana!

Well done lads, look forward to your return, fit and well, very soon. :thumbsup:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I think all of them were a credit to themselves and the Albion. And we might still have a World Cup winner among them.

Just seeing so many Albion players play for their national sides on the biggest stage was both a joy and a privilege.

We haven't been here before, but let's hope that with Albion's recruitment, it's something we can look forward regularly.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’d imagine some pretty enormous clubs wouldn’t mind having Caicedo and Macallister in the centre of their midfield after this WC.
Mitoma, Lamptey and Pervis enhanced their reputations too.
Only Sarmiento made little impression.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They made the W/C for me.
Wanted it to pass me by but they all very much drew me in.

Trossard was on a hiding to nothing but beyond that all we better than expected and return injury free with their heads held high - absolutely perfect outcome.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very good to have eight of our players there in the first place! Mac and Mitoma will both have caught the eye of a few scouts, I guess, and the Ecuador trio did their reputations no harm at all.
Trossard and Lamptey didn't catch the eye much. Not being in the best teams didn't help, but even then neither of them completed a full 90 in any match.
Big Bob, of course, was peerless, not conceding a single goal in the whole time Spain were still in the tournament!

Last edited:

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I expect if our Captain was there, England wouldn't have lost to the French.
Wouldn't have beaten to a header by an old Premier League has been like H "carthorse" McGuire was

Still smarting (a bit)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I expect if our Captain was there, England wouldn't have lost to the French.
Wouldn't have beaten to a header by an old Premier League has been like H "carthorse" McGuire was

Still smarting (a bit)
Maybe, but definitely would have given a way a few penalties

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Some had a few good moments but otherwise just ok.
Pretty much this. Always good, and an honour, to see any Albion player represent his country, particularly on the World Cup stage.

If the question though is how well do l think our boys did in the tournement l would say only a couple really stood out, Kaoru Mitoma for Japan, and obviously Alexis MacAllister, who could even end up with World Cup winners medal. How amazing would that be!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think all of them were a credit to themselves and the Albion. And we might still have a World Cup winner among them.

Just seeing so many Albion players play for their national sides on the biggest stage was both a joy and a privilege.

We haven't been here before, but let's hope that with Albion's recruitment, it's something we can look forward regularly.
Yep. Despite everything....seeing Brighton players at a world cup, and making waves, has been emotional. Truly. :thumbsup:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not sure whether our chance of keeping Trossard have increased or decreased. Plenty of emerging talent in this World Cup

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think Lamptey was unfortunate to lose his place in the final Ghana match.

Kudus scored 2 goals against South Korea when he had Lamptey supporting him in that match.

The other 2 games when Lamptey didn't play, they found it difficult to get Kudus on the ball in advanced positions..

He will get more game time in the up and coming AFCON games.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nearly all went out in early rounds so they’re all shit if you apply the same rationale many England fans have this morning :lolol:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Estupinan possibly the best LB at the tournament in the handful of games 9.5 / 10
Caicedo a DM who scored - solid 8/10
Sarmiento hardly featured but looked good off the bench
Mitoma - they kept loosing first half then bringing him on and winning or that was the feeling anyway - 8.5 / 10
MacAllister - MotM but not given it or discussed as commentator’s obsession was playing. Solid other games and kept his place in a good side who are playing well 8 / 10
Sanchez didn’t play
Lamptey - never watched them but seems to have established himself as a starter in a decent team? 7 / 10 ?
Trossard similarly I’ve not watched much. Aging squad, underperforming, but he sounds like part of the next generation and establishing himself so 6.5 / 10 ? Since hasn’t gotten goals or assists?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here