Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How connected do you feel to the club's values?

How connected do you feel to the Albion?

• As the Albion change, I feel more connected

Votes: 41 15.5%
  • Things are largely the same as they ever were

Votes: 59 22.3%
  • As the Albion change, I feel more disconnected

Votes: 118 44.5%
  • I don't care - I just want to watch some football

Votes: 47 17.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a lot of talk, much of it justifiable, about the changing face of the Albion.

Bit by bit, the slightly Fawlty Towers-eque cottage industry Albion of old is being replaced by a lean, mean, money-making machine.

Do you feel connected to the values of the Albion?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Local, a fan as chairman and a professional outfit.

Ticks all of my boxes and I'm glad the noddy days are over.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fairly obvious answer isn't it? We cannot have it both ways, we all wanted a new stadium, it takes money just to keep place like that running. If we want decent players we have to get money and prestige. Redundant question in my opinion. It is what it is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think the club is becoming more professional and has made some efforts to include the fans. Complaints have been looked at, and some dealt with, although not all of them.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Just as neither of us would consider going to follow another club with the same
passion -I don't think the 'connection' can ever be severed or compromised to
a great extent.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Their commitment to AITC's work impresses me, and makes me pleased we have such a club. The money-making side iis an unfortunate response to the business of football, it isn't something the club just popped out of no where.

We have a chance to make a profit, I have full confidence the profit will be re-invested into the club (and a bit to pay off Bloom, and rightfully so). If the club and its fans wish to get to the top flight, there has to be some decisions to be made that at first, may appear to be controversial. But in the long term beneficial, but this is due to to adapting to how business in football has emerged.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It gives me a warm glow to be so detached from the ruthless, all conquering BHA marketing machine.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We have a wonderful stadium, paid for by a fan of the club.

In that stadium I have three seats bought at a very reasonable cost, though an interest free direct debit.

At that stadium I can walk along the concourse eating a local pie and drinking a local pint, chosen to reflect the wishes of the fans, whilst looking at artwork on the walls, contributed by fans, including myself.

Its absolutely still OUR club. Its just being run professionally, that's all. You simply cannot manage a club the size that the Albion has grown to, in the cottage industry fashion that existed before. It would be an utter disaster.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Personally I feel less connected, but that's probably due to personal circumstance rather than the club. It seems there's a lot of tokenism in 'listening to the fans' and some promises made that shouldn't have (re standing).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The fuckers have robbed a score off me, they've had one MONTH to sort it out yet all I've had is one email off them which basically said "have you tried turning it off and on again". :angry:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The ONLY way in which I feel that the club has become slightly detached from us, is the lack of local lads in the first team. That was a real source of pride in the Wilkins era.

Again, thanks to TB and his investment in the new Academy, that will also be corrected in the years ahead.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
If the Albion became the plaything of a rich owner with no connection to the club I would have serious misgivings.

But we remain in the hands of a lifelong Albion fan and, apart from the odd glitch, the club is moving in the right direction and taking the majority of fans with it.

And I still bloody love going to the Amex.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

In that stadium I have three seats bought at a very reasonable cost, though an interest free direct debit.

At that stadium I can walk along the concourse eating a local pie and drinking a local pint, chosen to reflect the wishes of the fans, whilst looking at artwork on the walls, contributed by fans, including myself.

Its absolutely still OUR club. Its just being run professionally, that's all. You simply cannot manage a club the size that the Albion has grown to, in the cottage industry fashion that existed before. It would be an utter disaster.

Very very good reply and one the majority of Albion fans would echo!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I love the Amex and the football but I felt more connected watching us at Withdean when we were shit because it was a smaller, more commited close-knit community. Watching us lose in the rain with 5000 fans had a certain amount of dedication/mental issues.

The Amex and season ticket prices at the moment are spot on in my opinion, a fair price for a very good product.I would start to lose connectivity if ticket prices become £50 odd should we go up. I have already chosen not to do away games this season due to the cost. Though these feelings would be a loss of faith in football rather than the Albion specifically.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

This, totally this.

You can't expect the club to blunder along a la the Withdean Years whilst at the same time mount a realistic business case for establishing us in The Premier League. As we develop as a club and as a business, there will be casualties along the way but by and large, I think the club have done pretty well to take the fans along with them.

It's a YES from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here