Hoskins Sheff United Interview

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i would rather him than vokes if gus is serious about tappy football - hoskins never got a go at a free role behind CMS - such a wasted opportunity.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hopefully we are using Sheff Utd to get him fit with a view to next season as most people have stated. Looking at the facts Sheff Utd are paying the wages of a player who this year has struggled fitness wise.

However in sheer financial terms its a player off the payroll, freeing up a salary or percentage of, for other players. It may just be simple economics. Also, maybe Gus believes Toby can fill the gap.

blackshaadow

Jan 29, 2012
Seaford
Totally gutted for Will Hoskins and pray this is not the begining of the end to his Brighton career....don't know anyone who does not want him to stay but will anyone listen??

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Gutted to see him let out on loan - would rather see Barnes go out to be honest. The only reason must be that Gus is planning on another forward coming in in the transfer window. Hope Will is back here next season injury free and proves some of the doubters wrong. I saw him score the two goals against us for Rovers last season and I'm sure he can still do a job for us. Good luck Will.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He has just tweeted good luck to the lads tonight against Palace - owe them one. Top man

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
He needs to be playing games after a nightmare season so far and it doesn't look like he will get that here with CMS and Vokes. While I'm a bit gutted to see him turning out for another team, I'm glad he might be getting fit and finding form ready for his return.

We have Barnes and Adgerstein as back up. ???
Makes sence to me .

mugstud

Jan 28, 2012
I'm quite disappointed as he has something about him, but I'm hoping that he's going out on loan as Gus knows he needs games to get back to his best and he's not going to get them here with the signing of Sam Vokes. I really hope he comes back to us in top form for next season maybe even for the play-offs?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I am not as negative as most I think Gus is already looking to next season, I think he wants to try out others and get Hoskins fit and see how he does we can't play 4 strikers each game so this is the easiest option. A bit tough on Hoskins but from a club point of view we win whatever the outcome.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
A few months back Hoskins played in that reserve game v Crawley, where we lost 5-0 and turned up at training next day wearing Ug boots, much to the amusement of a number of our youngsters who tweeted about it at the time.
I can't imagine Gus was impressed as he hates losing and given that Hoskins had achieved nothing of substance to date, I wondered if his cards were marked. It isn't always about how players perform on the pitch.

Quite right, get rid off any player who arrives to the club wearing Ug boots.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
jesus, people, relax.

first, i watched the interview and i certainly didn't see anyone looking "devastated". i saw a fairly young kid who has, somewhat surprisingly, been loaned out to a club quite a distance away and was being interviewed about it probably not too long after he arrived. head spinning, in a bit of a daze? maybe. devastated? i think not.

second, as i also like him and want him back, i hope he understands the move better than most of you seem to and that his attitude is a bit different than the 'he sent me away from Bwighton when i didn't want to go :cry:' that some of you lot think is appropriate.

and finally, in spite of some on here acting like they have their own seat in the boardroom, not one of you really has a clue what Poyet said to him and how the loan move was 'sold to him'.

Spot on.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
On the face of it ,it seems a bit strange,but hopefully he will get regular football,prove his fitness and come back to us ready to stake his claim next season.
A professional footballer,like many of us in our careers,has got to be prepared to put up with all manner of short term 'inconveniences' for hopefully a longer term gain.
Good luck to him,I hope he does well and keeps clear of injuries.
Finally,I hope we get a statement from the club saying why this course of action was taken.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Am really disppointed to see Will Hoskins go in this way and don't think he has been given much chance to show some form, especially with Barnes going off the boil recently. Who knows - if CMS doesn't find the net in the next game or two Hoskins could have been starting up front, so seems a bit harsh.

On the other hand it does make some sense to give him some pitch time in Lge 1, rediscover his scoring form and come back to us fit and confident. I just hope that Gus put an arm around him and told him this, so he understands where his future really lies. However I fear that his body language suggests otherwise. Shame the Albion couldn't have found him a club a bit nearer so he doesn't need to uproot his family. That might test his loyalty to us which would be a shame as I dont think we have seen the best of him.

Good luck Will, many of us on NSC want to see you back with us soon.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Good luck Will. Not going to watch it, but radio said 'he was hauled off the team coach to Palace to be sent to Sheffield'. Has a right to feel gutted.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I am really upset about this one. Am going to bed feeling totally cheesed off that Will's gone. Seeing him looking so sad on the Sheff Utd website compounds this.

He's a class act. I can't help but wonder if Gus bought him before he realised he could get CMS....effectively replacing him WITH CMS just a week or two later.

Yes I trust Gus, and yes there are economics in play....but this is shithouse.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I agree, doesn't look or sound all that enthusiastic really does he?

Sick note has cried wolf too often, we cannot keep paying players wages who sit at home playing there Xbox because they are scared of aggravating a minor injury.Gus did not sound impreesed in his intrveiw talking about players not moving to clubs that had agreed to buy them.Will wold not go to Bournmouth, so Gus has now exiled him to a northern slum

Last edited:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Sick note has cried wolf too often, we cannot keep paying players wages who sit at home playing there Xbox because they are scared of aggravating a minor injury.Gus did not sound impreesed in his intrveiw talking about players not moving to clubs that had agreed to buy them.Will wold not go to Bournmouth, so Gus has now exiled him to a northern slum

you really are a cock

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports