Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Horrible weather this month

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I saw that forecast, other than bright tomorrow, weeks ahead of very mild and dark cloud. Yet another reason to be here just now.

IMG_2216.png

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Blue skies this time of year means cold.
Cold means heating goes on.
Heating goes on, less money to spend on frivolous things...like Christmas.
Less money to spend on frivolous things...like Christmas, means the kids go without.
By kids go without, I mean me.
I'll take wet and windy in winter as a sign of having more money to spend on me, thankyouverymuch

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Talking of weather. "Windy" is not weather, Apple. Why does wind take priority over conditions? Cloud cover and precipitation?

I have lots of opinions on this and will march in the streets if necessary. Who's with me?

1702988951090.png

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Talking of weather. "Windy" is not weather, Apple. Why does wind take priority over conditions? Cloud cover and precipitation?

I have lots of opinions on this and will march in the streets if necessary. Who's with me?

View attachment 171478
I couldn't disagree more. I often look at the forecast and think "great, nice couple of days coming up" and then on the day discover that in clause 90.345 of the small print was f***ing 40mph winds.

If it's going to be windy, I need to know about it upfront. Not hidden under the guise of a sun / cloud icon.

While on that subject, I really feel that to use the proper SUN icon the person should have to get serious clearance from above. Like from the very top level. If the SUN icon is used it should mean there is ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of anything other than wall to wall sunshine. Anything less then they should use the sun/cloud icon.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Fine by me - not been that many washout days really and mild = not putting heating on as much. Would like a spell of cold crisp weather but not complaining about the mild weather. Sun is short lived this time of year anyway what with the short days. Would love a bit of snow too but, unless on holiday skiing or whatever, it generally turns into a pain, as brilliant as it is when it falls

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That was lunchtime, now on the Planai in a gondola.

Have a great time :thumbsup:

I notice you often go early, I prefer a bit of spring sunshine (and slush). I'm taking the whole family (with partners) to El Tartare in Feb and then going to Bardonecchia with some mates in March. Can't wait.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have a great time :thumbsup:

I notice you often go early, I prefer a bit of spring sunshine (and slush). I'm taking the whole family (with partners) to El Tartare in Feb and then going to Bardonecchia with some mates in March. Can't wait.

I’ve skied any time from beginning of Dec to early April, last Easter we had a great 9 days in Val Thorens. It’s a long story on why ended up coming here each year the week before Xmas, but it’s incredible with snow at all altitudes and literally no lift queues. Off to the Dolomites end of Feb, our first visit.

It’s a bug that you have too, your plans sound fantastic.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I couldn't disagree more. I often look at the forecast and think "great, nice couple of days coming up" and then on the day discover that in clause 90.345 of the small print was f***ing 40mph winds.

If it's going to be windy, I need to know about it upfront. Not hidden under the guise of a sun / cloud icon.

While on that subject, I really feel that to use the proper SUN icon the person should have to get serious clearance from above. Like from the very top level. If the SUN icon is used it should mean there is ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of anything other than wall to wall sunshine. Anything less then they should use the sun/cloud icon.

Instead of looking for ways to divide, let's unite.

1702994934241.png

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

Chill factors on what looks like a nice day until you step outside can f*** off too :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here