Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Homophobia alive & well down under

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
it could just as easily say "it's great to be gay" couldn't it....it's great to go to cornwall , it's great to eat scones , it's great to ride a bike ....it's promotion...?? i honestly don't have a problem with it but i think people should have a choice , if they don't want to wear it why should they be vilified ..?
"It's great to be gay"?? You are ridiculous. It's not a marketing campaign to heterosexuals like you FFS. You do know that, surely?

I don't actually have a problem as such with people not wanting to wear a shirt in support of a minority community, but they had better have a good idea of their reasoning - because the rest of us will make our own minds from their responses when they are called out for it.

To me, it's like making people like James Mclean and Shane Duffy wear their team shirt with a poppy imprinted. They are inviting questions if they refuse and that's fine if they are doing it in good conscience and without tarring all British servicemen with an unfair brush. However, any sign of sectarianism or bigotry in that response and they'll be called out for what they are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
it's just an example H ffs , i've been in clubs in sydney where the entertainment was pretty much a 6 man orgy in a blow up paddling pool full of bubbles , nothing shocks me mate , apart from other peoples attitudes , went to huge gay dance parties that pretty much turned into full ons ,i've built dungeons for gays in Sydney , seen shit you wouldn't believe... it just doesn't phase me , which is why when the mainstream gets hold of it as a vehicle and attempts to rub it in my face i get a twitchy , i came to terms with gays in the 90's mate ....all good , i came to terms with jamaicans and africans in the 80's......:smile:

:lolol: Sometimes you crack me up. :bowdown:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Here are some other lines in the bible. Do explain to us which of these lines those homophobes should also choose to treat as an undeniable truth, and which they should choose to ignore as the weird moral teachings from a different world of over 2000 years ago:

"Permit no woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she is to keep silent."

"Those born of an illicit union shall not be admitted to the assembly of the Lord. Even to the tenth generation, none of their descendants shall be admitted to the assembly of the Lord."

"If men get into a fight with one another, and the wife of one intervenes to rescue her husband from the grip of his opponent by reaching out and seizing his genitals, you shall cut off her hand; show no pity"

"If a man meets a virgin who is not engaged, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are caught in the act, the man who lay with her shall give fifty shekels of silver to the young woman’s father, and she shall become his wife. Because he violated her he shall not be permitted to divorce her as long as he lives"

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as you obey Christ.."

"As for anyone who presumes to disobey the priest appointed to minister there to the Lord your God, or the judge, that person shall die. So you shall purge the evil from Israel."

"A man or a woman who is a medium or a wizard shall be put to death; they shall be stoned to death, their blood is upon them."

"If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbor, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death."
"But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Or any of the numerous lines that justified apartheid/segregation

The bible is a load of shit. I put it on par with the whole trans thing.

A bunch of made up stuff perpetrated by people who are pretending to be something they are not and a bunch of dupes who are silly enough to believe that crap.

e.g the son of god, a prophet, a bloke who reckons he's a woman.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
They're a football team. They should not have messages of support for any cause on their shirts. Next it will be "black lives matter", "save the rainforest", "save the seals", "support Ukraine" They'll need much bigger shirts to get all the lefty slogans on. Lighten up NSC folks. You take everything far too seriously.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
They're a football team. They should not have messages of support for any cause on their shirts. Next it will be "black lives matter", "save the rainforest", "save the seals", "support Ukraine" They'll need much bigger shirts to get all the lefty slogans on. Lighten up NSC folks. You take everything far too seriously.

I assume you didn't approve of this then ...

Albion's show of support for peace in Ukraine

"As a show of solidarity with Ukraine, and to add the club’s voice to the calls for peace, our men’s and women’s team will both wear the club’s yellow and blue third strip for the fixtures at Newcastle United and Aston Villa, in the Premier League and Women’s Super League this coming weekend".

I really need to revisit my political position. I'm nowhere near being a 'lefty' but have no issue with the support of causes you're talking about!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"It's great to be gay"?? You are ridiculous. It's not a marketing campaign to heterosexuals like you FFS. You do know that, surely?

I don't actually have a problem as such with people not wanting to wear a shirt in support of a minority community, but they had better have a good idea of their reasoning - because the rest of us will make our own minds from their responses when they are called out for it.

To me, it's like making people like James Mclean and Shane Duffy wear their team shirt with a poppy imprinted. They are inviting questions if they refuse and that's fine if they are doing it in good conscience and without tarring all British servicemen with an unfair brush. However, any sign of sectarianism or bigotry in that response and they'll be called out for what they are.

Very well put.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I assume you didn't approve of this then ...

Albion's show of support for peace in Ukraine

"As a show of solidarity with Ukraine, and to add the club’s voice to the calls for peace, our men’s and women’s team will both wear the club’s yellow and blue third strip for the fixtures at Newcastle United and Aston Villa, in the Premier League and Women’s Super League this coming weekend".

I really need to revisit my political position. I'm nowhere near being a 'lefty' but have no issue with the support of causes you're talking about!

Not on the shirts, no. What about the poor folk in Yemen, the Uighurs, Hong Kong residents? Some would argue that all were causes that deserved to be on shirts. The easiest way to handle it is no messages on shirts. Period.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Not on the shirts, no. What about the poor folk in Yemen, the Uighurs, Hong Kong residents? Some would argue that all were causes that deserved to be on shirts. The easiest way to handle it is no messages on shirts. Period.

Players shouldn't be political billboards or be pressured into wearing flags on shirts, rainbow or otherwise.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I think they're lefty in the "anything I have a problem with is actually lefty" space more than anything. Saving rainforests isn't really a "lefty" issue, more a "common sense" issue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So many threads but for obvious reasons this wins out over 'Dover'.

[tweet]1552129693838544897[/tweet]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I am not religious but I have read the bible and I believe that Jesus would have shared the same opinion as your mother.

The boke was kind, accepting and compassionate he looked after the marginalised and maligned. How people who claim to be Christians behave in the opposite was is totally beyond me. Read the ****ing book people it's all in there . . . of course, others will interpret it differently to me but it is pretty bloody clear.

And when exactly are the meek going to inherit the earth . . . they don't seem to do that well at the moment.

The geek have inherited the earth.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It also says man should not lie with another man does it not? That it's an abomination.

What if people are against anal sex and find that the disgusting aspect of it all?

Are they homophobes? Even if they apply it to men and women?

You can be Gay and find certain acts that other Gay men may partake in unpalatable. The Rainbow flag is not a symbol of anal sex.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
It could well have been different if they had been consulted, But as we live in a culture where people are FORCED to accept it, And human rights ignored, And instead branded as phobic.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It could well have been different if they had been consulted, But as we live in a culture where people are FORCED to accept it, And human rights ignored, And instead branded as phobic.

Were the Albion players consulted about the abomination of a home kit we have this season?

I suspect not.

#BarberOut

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I think they're lefty in the "anything I have a problem with is actually lefty" space more than anything. Saving rainforests isn't really a "lefty" issue, more a "common sense" issue.

Oh I realise that. My comment was just in response to the 'lefty' comment in general. Just like you don't need to be a 'lefty' to support gay rights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here