Homeless in Brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Show me one genuine non drug taking, non drinking, available for work homeless person and I will show you 20 skanky drink and drug addled non Brightonians here to simply take the piss.

Challenge accepted.

I've got one, you get your twenty. (infact i've got more than one).

This should open up that closed, vile, ignorant, unintelligent, privileged, small mind of yours a little.

Remember, you've actually got to talk to these people to find out that they are here to simply take the piss.

I've a feeling most homeless people contribute more to our society than you do.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Random made up stat alert.

There was no stat.

However if there was, it's better than your mind reading. Seriously how do you know why these people make the choice?

I mean it's lovely you have an opinion, but yours is based in pure conjecture and ignorance.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
There was no stat.

However if there was, it's better than your mind reading. Seriously how do you know why these people make the choice?

I mean it's lovely you have an opinion, but yours is based in pure conjecture and ignorance.
No, its based on sound assessment of the realities of life......homeless people obviously become homeless for a huge range of reasons, including due to the choices they make.....or don't make.... there is no reason in this country to be sleeping rough or in a derelict squat.....to get a roof over your head is all about being prepared to conform to a few rules laid down by the people providing said roof........sadly many are not prepared to be flexible about the way they live.....hence the sleeping in a doorway.........its just the way it is......nobody enjoys seeing it, but many can't or won't be helped.

Last edited:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
No, its based on sound assessment of the realities of life......homeless people obviously become homeless for a huge range of reasons, including due to the choices they make.....or don't make.... there is no reason in this country to be sleeping rough or in a derelict squat.....to get a roof over your head is all about being prepared to conform to a few rules laid down by the people providing said roof........sadly many are not prepared to be flexible about the way they live.....hence the sleeping in a doorway.........its just the way it is......nobody enjoys seeing it, but many can't or won't be helped.

You talk an awful lot of sh!t.

If you actually looked at the research you would recognise that your "sound assessment" is actually just opinion based on limited observation and very little else.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Some of the more "It's their own fault" type of people might want to read this.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/campa...ackling_homelessness/What_causes_homelessness

"What causes homelessness?
Sadly, many people view homelessness as the result of personal failings, and consider that if the economy is going well, there is no excuse for not getting on.

But this belief is belied by the facts, which show that homelessness is caused by a complex interplay between a person's individual circumstances and adverse 'structural' factors outside their direct control.

These problems can build up over years until the final crisis moment when a person becomes homeless."

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
There is an allowance of something like £15 a week to feed pets, I don't know what it is exactly.......

pure fiction
nobody gives you anything to feed pets ...............fact
you can though go to the PDSA and get basic medical help for a pet and a charge is what you can afford, the RSPCA and Cats Protection will give you vouchers for neutering and even microchipping for free at certain times if you are on benefits.
and as far as I can remember back its always been like that
every time I hear this fiction its always from a tory

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
No, its based on sound assessment of the realities of life......

I disagree, it's based on some preconceived ideas that are based in ignorance and conjecture.

If you want to believe that these people can't be helped, go ahead, but it is quite obviously an ignorant opinion.

Perhaps you would have some wisdom to question yourself about how much you really know about this subject.
I mean after all, you're currently coming across to me like a bigoted sheltered fool.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
If you actually looked at the research you would recognise that your "sound assessment" is actually just opinion based on limited observation and very little else.

This does seem to be the case.

We all make opinions based on observations, but you have to be quite stupid (not to mention conceited and arrogant) to think that your opinion is valid when you've very little experience or knowledge of a subject.

It shows very little self awareness. I do though wonder why he has this opinion and is holding onto it so strongly. Perhaps it makes him feel superior, perhaps his parents hammered it into him, who knows? He most likely doesn't.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I disagree, it's based on some preconceived ideas that are based in ignorance and conjecture.

If you want to believe that these people can't be helped, go ahead, but it is quite obviously an ignorant opinion.

Perhaps you would have some wisdom to question yourself about how much you really know about this subject.
I mean after all, you're currently coming across to me like a bigoted sheltered fool.
Just wind your neck in matey, how is it that every opinion you publish on this site is stone cold fact, everybody else's view, if it doesn't line up with yours, must be based on ignorance( you use that word a lot it seems), I would suggest you need to be prepared to be disappointed from time to time......if you think I have led a sheltered existence, then boom, there is your first mistake.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Just wind your neck in matey, how is it that every opinion you publish on this site is stone cold fact, everybody else's view, if it doesn't line up with yours, must be based on ignorance( you use that word a lot it seems), I would suggest you need to be prepared to be disappointed from time to time......if you think I have led a sheltered existence, then boom, there is your first mistake.

Sadly it's not my first mistake, however your ignorant opinions on this thread do make it look like you have never encountered anyone on a personal level that has been homeless.

Prove me wrong?

Go on and educate yourself before you make yourself look even more small minded and bigoted.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Sadly it's not my first mistake, however your ignorant opinions on this thread do make it look like you have never encountered anyone on a personal level that has been homeless.

Prove me wrong?

Go on and educate yourself before you make yourself look even more small minded and bigoted.
Nope,... I have all I need, in both life experience, and of balanced opinion,... I need no education from the likes of you thats for sure. Interesting that you use the word bigoted,.... perhaps this is equally applicable to you own unwavering view that everything you say is correct....... obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, and intolerant towards other people's beliefs and practices.... there you have it.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You talk an awful lot of sh!t.

Why would you be so closed minded to assume that I have any less limit to my observations than you, or anyone else for that matter?

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Why would you be so closed minded to assume that I have any less limit to my observations than you, or anyone else for that matter?

He didn't say less limit - he said limited. This is a truism, all our observations are limited...

Try expanding yours by reading that interesting link he posted a few pages ago, rather than basing your opinions in limited observations.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Nope,... I have all I need, in both life experience, and of balanced opinion,... I need no education from the likes of you thats for sure. Interesting that you use the word bigoted,.... perhaps this is equally applicable to you own unwavering view that everything you say is correct....... obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, and intolerant towards other people's beliefs and practices.... there you have it.

Actually i'm a sceptic, your assumptions towards me does indicate that your assumptions towards others are also incorrect.

As for your belief that you have all you need and are not willing to learn, proves my point about ignorance.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Actually i'm a sceptic, your assumptions towards me does indicate that your assumptions towards others are also incorrect.

As for your belief that you have all you need and are not willing to learn, proves my point about ignorance.
I need no education from you is what I said.......elsewhere and with others, I have a receptive and open mind, the joys of knowledge and learning.....

I have read your posts in the past, one tracked, tedious, repetitive and deliberately bigoted and confrontational. I have moved you out to the periphery..... over and out.

Last edited:

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I need no education from you is what I said.......elsewhere and with others, I have a receptive and open mind, the joys of knowledge and learning.....

Actually you're not open and receptive, many others have posted on here with facts about homelessness, you've ignored them as well. It's what bigots do when they hear stuff they don't like.

Let me try one last chance to burst your bubble of sheltered and privileged ignorance...

Many homeless people are ex army/war veterans, most likely they have done more to serve our country than you ever will.

They have suffered mentally, in service to us. Only for bigots like you to treat them like garbage. Says a lot about you.

These people can be helped, there are treatments for PTSD, depression, alcoholism and the like.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Actually you're not open and receptive, many others have posted on here with facts about homelessness, you've ignored them as well. It's what bigots do when they hear stuff they don't like.

Let me try one last chance to burst your bubble of sheltered and privileged ignorance...

Many homeless people are ex army/war veterans, most likely they have done more to serve our country than you ever will.

They have suffered mentally, in service to us. Only for bigots like you to treat them like garbage. Says a lot about you.

These people can be helped, there are treatments for PTSD, depression, alcoholism and the like.

Essentially every single post you've ever made in any thread is the same thing just reworded slightly. In short, anyone with a different opinion or world view to to your own is a bigot and ignorant. Well done though in figuring out a hundred different ways of saying it.

So many do gooders on this thread sharing empty words of sympathy with homeless people without being any more active about doing anything about it than the rest of us. Got a spare room or bed have you? Why not let one of our local friendly homeless persons have it for a while! Didnt think so. I know, I'm such a nasty person for having no sympathy for these poor souls, might have something to do with having been kicked punched and spat at by a number of them and having my property stolen by them. Still its not their fault is it, its always someone elses or a problem for the rest of us to sort out.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I have read your posts in the past, one tracked, tedious, repetitive and deliberately bigoted and confrontational. I have moved you out to the periphery..... over and out.

You are doing a good job at derailing the argument by going after the Paladin.

I think you need to admit defeat on this one and go do some reading into the subject or talk to some of the people you are insulting. You will find their stories are not as simple as you think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports