Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homeless in Brighton

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Already done it. Got a chap who's been evicted from his flat staying in our spare room for a while. And do you know what? He hasn't attacked me or nicked all my stuff .... yet. Obviously he will do because that's what all homeless people do don't they?

So someone who wasnt homeless but had to leave his flat is now renting a room off of you, hardly taking one of the scabby smackheads off of the street is it, good for you though, your sainthood is in the post.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
What a first rate response.

I spent the afternoon working (voluntarily) with homeless young addicts at Brighton Housing Trust. They were friendly, willing and good company despite the fact that they suffered (between them) a host of issues (mental health, abuse etc.). None of them spat at me or tried to rob me, in fact they thanked me politely for my help.

Karma's a bitch, as they say.

Oh its Karma, why didnt someone point out this before that I deserved to be attacked and robbed by these scummy parasites whilst stone cold sober and working. Clearly i was asking for it when I walked past the aggressive street begger off his head, next time I must remember to just empty my pockets for him so he can get his next 10 bag. My fault entirely i do apologise. fck them and fck their shitty lives.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh its Karma, why didnt someone point out this before that I deserved to be attacked and robbed by these scummy parasites whilst stone cold sober and working. Clearly i was asking for it when I walked past the aggressive street begger off his head, next time I must remember to just empty my pockets for him so he can get his next 10 bag. My fault entirely i do apologise. fck them and fck their shitty lives.

Not really a great understanding of karma either eh?

Still of all the points made about your horrible posts it is interesting that you choose to respond to this part. Says a lot.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So someone who wasnt homeless but had to leave his flat is now renting a room off of you, hardly taking one of the scabby smackheads off of the street is it, good for you though, your sainthood is in the post.

He's not renting a room off us, but if we hadn't intervened he'd be on the street at the moment. Sorry he doesn't fit your homeless stereotype (maybe I'll make him sleep outside for a couple of nights until he develops a heroin habit), and I only mentioned it to prove that some people DO do what you've suggested and consequently there is one less homeless person on Brighton's streets. Just acknowledge it and move on.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Because its pointless, you just repeat the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again etc etc etc.

What's that? Pointing out your vile attitude, by lumping together all homeless people, which is bigoted, in case you've forgotten...
Pointing out some of the causes of homelessness, which you seem ignorant of?

Ok, i've got a new one.

I think your posts on this subject have shown some idiocy/stupidity.

You must be aware that your views on this subject are bigoted, which will cause some contention. Yet you've reacted in a personal manner when this has been pointed out to you.
Now don't get me wrong, i'm glad i've upset you on this issue, but to post up inflammatory comments (as you have) and then become all sensitive about it, would indicate that you're not too well endowed between the old lugholes.

For what it's worth, i'm not a fan of smackheads either, the drug tends to make them very greedy as it takes a grip. I pity them. But, not all smackheads are homeless, and not all homeless are smackheads. Perhaps start a 'smackhead' thread and i'll promise to leave you alone to vent your spleen.

Coming from a military background, homelessness is a cause i support with both time and money.

#notallhomeless

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I knew a herion addict who was a habitual theif with a record to prove it, he was given a flat in Merstham his drugs paid for and dole money. ..............just saying.

He past away about about 15 years ago.

Too many bleeding hearts make excuses for people making stupid decisions, SOME of those homeless people are not entirely blameless for their situation and THATS the sad reality. Same as people who bang on about benefits cuts, im a single dad with a child at home I am not entitled to a council house becouse I work, the same as my ex wife (with iur other child at home) but because we work and always have we regularly get screwed while the "im too depressed to ever work" or "its not my fault I have too many kids with different men and started before I left school" or ""I have a criminal record since I was 15 and cant get a job, im now forty" and lets not forget the "I had one day at work and hurt my back so cant ever work again" . Thats the reality of most of your dole dossers that the bleading hearts say need benefits! No wonder Britain is such a s### hole when there are ao many out of touch do gooders and bleeding hearts! Walk in my shoes for a week and yyou will soon change your mind when you have bailiffs on the door of your crappy private rented flat because you missed a payment to buy a 2nd hand xbox for your son while the great unwashed and always unemployed family down the road in their council house and garden by their kids a new xbox one, then see how sympathetic you are, it seems to me all the people who stand up for "the poor on benefits" own their own house have a good income and NO fking clue of real life!!!!

I could argue similar, as myself and my other half live in a tiny over priced flat and cannot afford some of the things that the people you describe can.

However, my anger is directed towards the system of governance that has stopped social housing from being of primary importance, as well as an economic system that doesn't consider affordable housing to be a priority-and a human right.

I don't believe that most people on benefits are dossers. Although I know the DWP would rather I did.

Last edited:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I could argue similar, as myself and my other half live in a tiny over priced flat and cannot afford some of the things that the people you describe can.

However, my anger is directed towards the system of governance that has stopped social housing from being of primary importance, as well as an economic system that doesn't consider affordable housing to be a priority-and a human right.

I don't believe that most people on benefits are dossers. Although I know the DWP would rather I did.

I agree with some of what you are saying but having grown up on a council estate and also working in a school for boys who are not allowed in main stream education, I have seen and knoe many many people who choose to live off of the system, we now have thirs and even fourth generations of families that have never worked, , why?, because they have been brought up knowing the system and not having to work.
When trying to explain to a young man the importance of reading and desperatly trying to get him to read I said "think about when you leave school and need a job youll have to be able to read to fill in the application" his reply "im not getting a job ill stay in my nans house (which is council, he lives there because his mum keeps bbreeding kids for the care system to look after) and claim benefits"
Id love to think people didnt work because of crap government, immigration, failing schools etc etc, but the truth is many have just had a free ride and dont wont or need to work, this is all very typical from some of the people I know.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I agree with some of what you are saying but having grown up on a council estate and also working in a school for boys who are not allowed in main stream education, I have seen and knoe many many people who choose to live off of the system, we now have thirs and even fourth generations of families that have never worked, , why?, because they have been brought up knowing the system and not having to work.
When trying to explain to a young man the importance of reading and desperatly trying to get him to read I said "think about when you leave school and need a job youll have to be able to read to fill in the application" his reply "im not getting a job ill stay in my nans house (which is council, he lives there because his mum keeps bbreeding kids for the care system to look after) and claim benefits"
Id love to think people didnt work because of crap government, immigration, failing schools etc etc, but the truth is many have just had a free ride and dont wont or need to work, this is all very typical from some of the people I know.

I have no beef with your reply. A lot of people are limpets on state resources.

My anger is directed towards the wholesale demonisation of the unemployed and people with disabilities.

An example of this is a wheelchair bound friend of mine, who has noticed that the abuse of disabled people has increased in the last few years- being on the receiving end herself in the process.

Leaked DWP documents a few years back revealed how they have planned to influence the public view of those on benefits.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I have no beef with your reply. A lot of people are limpets on state resources.

My anger is directed towards the wholesale demonisation of the unemployed and people with disabilities.

An example of this is a wheelchair bound friend of mine, who has noticed that the abuse of disabled people has increased in the last few years- being on the receiving end herself in the process.

Leaked DWP documents a few years back revealed how they have planned to influence the public view of those on benefits.

Completely agree disabled people get a raw deal but again this is becauae soooo many people have a bad back (unable to prove medically) and claim a car etc, unfortunately the only way to sort it out is to go back to the start and judge people as individuals (which will never happen)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here