Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homeless in Brighton

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yup. Put the snouts-in-the-trough 2008 bankers in jail en masse and I might start to believe otherwise. These c*nts robbed your granny's pension as sure as if they nicked her handbag.

and will be doing it again very soon

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Cameron needs to take a long hard look at himself, but he won't as take from the poor is the Tory way.

Labour have the mansion tax and the Tories have the cardboard box tax. George Osborne has said that if the Tory party when the next general election they will impose a 50% tax on all income from begging and Ed Balls has said that you must give a receipt whilst accepting any hand outs. ???

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Tory thieves, you say?

You are free to give as much of your cash as you like, or even take out a loan to make a donation to Shelter.
In fact, give more than you have, sell your valuables, remortgage your house if you are lucky enough to own one, give it all. When you have got to the point where to pay the interest on your debts, and your bills and other outgoings, that you need to borrow more money, with a bit of luck someone will stop you, and take control of your spending before you are declared bankrupt, and you put your whole family on the street.

If we kept spending like Labour did, we would all be on the street, only with no one to beg off.

So how much has the bighearted Nibble donated to homelessness Charities?

I used to run a volunteer group in Brighton giving hot food and drinks to Brighton's homeless and I volunteer at Shelter most Christmas's. I am also setting up a scheme to employ homeless people in my business, providing training, accommodation and work to people with NFA. It's a start.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yup. Put the snouts-in-the-trough 2008 bankers in jail en masse and I might start to believe otherwise. These c*nts robbed your granny's pension as sure as if they nicked her handbag.

I agree about financial crimes having been committed, but you've lost me slightly.

Tories (do you mean only the politicians or the voters too?) are rich people who will support the governments economic policy because they believe only the poor will suffer, and they are comfortable with that.

That's what you believe?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I used to run a volunteer group in Brighton giving hot food and drinks to Brighton's homeless and I volunteer at Shelter most Christmas's. I am also setting up a scheme to employ homeless people in my business, providing training, accommodation and work to people with NFA. It's a start.

We might not see eye to eye, but I have a lot of respect for people who do this kind of stuff. Good on you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I fear it will get worse, as councils (London especially) just shunt people off to another area, and not tackle problems causing this..

It's not just an economic problem as family breakups are as much a cause as financial ones.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I agree about financial crimes having been committed, but you've lost me slightly.

Tories (do you mean only the politicians or the voters too?) are rich people who will support the governments economic policy because they believe only the poor will suffer, and they are comfortable with that.

That's what you believe?

Said my piece already. IMHO, there should be a thousand-plus 2008 banker chancers jailed, their assets confiscated and, yeah, made homeless on their release from prison.

Said it before, say it again: Total c*nts

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

That's what you believe?
He was referring to the voters, and that's what he's saying. It can't possibly be that you like the fact that the economy is better now than it was when the coalition took office, and that you want a good economy to benefit everyone, it can only be that you are rich and don't care about the needy. Even when you're not rich, and you are the needy, it's still because you're rich and don't care about the needy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
We might not see eye to eye, but I have a lot of respect for people who do this kind of stuff. Good on you.

Thank you. I was homeless myself in Brighton, luckily didn't have to be on the streets for more than a few nights but took me almost a year to get back to a fixed address so I know a little bit about what small help can do.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The 'homeless' on the seafront are a well organised group begging money off the drunk tourists. Most earn more then £200 a night (don't believe me? watch them). They throw food away because they get given so much. They only want cash. On top of that they steal from the shops and the police aren't interested. There was a bongo player, rasta type with long weaved hair, who always looked in a state. Saw him by chance once during the day, all smart and very well kept. Lock them all up I say.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Affordable renting for all us wanke*s that'll never be able to buy

Oct 25, 2003
I am also setting up a scheme to employ homeless people in my business, providing training, accommodation and work to people with NFA. It's a start.

when you do get this up and running please let me know as I'm desperate to get my clients in contact with these kind of schemes

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Said my piece already. IMHO, there should be a thousand-plus 2008 banker chancers jailed, their assets confiscated and, yeah, made homeless on their release from prison.

Said it before, say it again: Total c*nts

Yeah but you are mixing things together. I agree about wanting to see the rule of law applied in this regard. But these financial criminals were not "Tories" were they. As far as I can tell they were of no particular political persuasion.

How does what you are saying here justify what you have been saying about people who consider their politics to be conservative?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Cameron needs to take a long hard look at himself, but he won't as take from the poor is the Tory way.

A bit later than expected for someone to blame Cameron.

There were lot's of homeless people in Brighton when I lived there up until 2003.
It is not a new problem.

Until everyone is prepared to vote for a government that tells the truth and says that tax will need to go up to provide all the services demanded nothing will change.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
when you do get this up and running please let me know as I'm desperate to get my clients in contact with these kind of schemes

Certainly. Won't be til Jan 2016 but remind me and I'll be more than happy to get involved.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Tory thieves, you say?

You are free to give as much of your cash as you like, or even take out a loan to make a donation to Shelter.
In fact, give more than you have, sell your valuables, remortgage your house if you are lucky enough to own one, give it all. When you have got to the point where to pay the interest on your debts, and your bills and other outgoings, that you need to borrow more money, with a bit of luck someone will stop you, and take control of your spending before you are declared bankrupt, and you put your whole family on the street.

If we kept spending like Labour did, we would all be on the street, only with no one to beg off.

We've the 6th highest GDP in the world and a homeless crisis.

You do the maths.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
The future absolutely terrifies me. I'm 48 at the moment and could still get a reasonable job in my line of work. But in 5 years time, i might just be that little too old and with the way job cuts are happening, who knows where i'll be when i'm "celebrating" my 60th. Im lucky that i have some very good mates who wouldn't see me on the streets (i hope) as indeed, i wouldn't with them and both my parents are still going strong and pretty well off.

One saying i heard a long time ago.....you're only 3 pay days away from being homeless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here