Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home to Newcastle

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Playing Saturday at home and Palace away on Tuesday is nothing special, we do that plenty of times through a season

Exactly, Who decided PROFESSIONAL footballers get too TIRED to play 2 games in a week?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
why on earth would they televise your game!!

Your a Junkie and I claim my £10

Its you're

And YOU'RE f***ing clueless. Brighton v Newcastle = upset potential = likely TV. I'm not saying we'd be top of the bill, but piss up a stick ESPN showed the borefest Brum v Wolves tie yesterday, and ITV had Peterboro v Sunderland today. Going by that, I could easily see our game on TV (IF we get through).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will be well pissed off if Gus doesn't field a full strength team against Wrexham. I enjoyed yesterday and if we'd drawn someone like Middlesborough home or away I'd be happy to let the kids finish the job but we need to take this seriously now. I think it needs a poll?

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Last time I saw us play Newcastle I hitched to St James's to see us win and gain promotion to the old 1st. Top fans. I recall them giving raptious applause when The Albion did a victory circuit.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
IF we beat Wrexham, then it should be a fantastic occasion, Newcastle will definitely bring their full 3,300 allocation, it should be a full house, and a chance for the squad to show their ability against top opposition.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Its you're

And YOU'RE f***ing clueless. Brighton v Newcastle = upset potential = likely TV. I'm not saying we'd be top of the bill, but piss up a stick ESPN showed the borefest Brum v Wolves tie yesterday, and ITV had Peterboro v Sunderland today. Going by that, I could easily see our game on TV (IF we get through).

Don't they usually like to decide on the TV games before the replays have been played?

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Poyet loved playing against us, no doubt that will add some interest to the game! I think the game could be televised, new stadium, big crowd, potential upset (especially with NUFC involved!) and I also can't see many other games other than the obvious 2 that will be televised. Ii do hope I'm wrong though as 3pm Saturday is the way forward.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We're not going up.

We're not going down.

Lets have some FUN on the way, eh ?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Erm can we worry about beating Wrexham before who we could have next. I would imagine that home draw will mean equally as much to Wrexham as it does us?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't they usually like to decide on the TV games before the replays have been played?

They do, but Wrexham v Newcastle is even more of a TV game than if we win, so can see them going for it.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Surely the most important question if we win the replay is, what colour light bulb will be placed in the away end?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yer. I hope he does for your sake. After all, you won't reconise all the new names then you listen to the game on the radio will you

I'm going to the game dear, are you?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Poyet loved playing against us, no doubt that will add some interest to the game! I think the game could be televised, new stadium, big crowd, potential upset (especially with NUFC involved!) and I also can't see many other games other than the obvious 2 that will be televised. Ii do hope I'm wrong though as 3pm Saturday is the way forward.

Team that beat 1-0 Sunderland full squad:

Brighton
16 Ankergren
03 Greer (Vincelot 46) (Taricco 77)
05 Dunk
14 Calderon
22 Painter
08 Navarro
11 Noone
17 Harley (LuaLua 88)
26 Bridcutt
09 Barnes
12 Mackail-Smith
Substitutes
01 Brezovan, 20 Vincelot, 27 Taricco, 10 Sparrow, 18 Dicker, 25 LuaLua, 33 Barker

We got 3 bookings and Sunderland with 29 fouls got just one, and some of the Black Cats fouls were awful in extra time.

Albion team v Wrexham:

Brighton
01 Brezovan
14 Calderon
20 Vincelot
31 Hall
34 Sampayo
08 Navarro (Kasim 63)
10 Sparrow
25 LuaLua (Agdestein 53)
30 Buckley (Rodgers 63)
35 Forster-Caskey
09 Barnes
Substitutes
16 Ankergren, 26 Bridcutt, 32 Kasim, 44 Rodgers, 12 Mackail-Smith, 23 Agdestein, 29 Bergkamp

Albion team that lost 1-2 to Liverpool

Brighton
16 Ankergren
03 Greer
14 Calderon
20 Vincelot yellow card
28 Cook
08 Navarro (Barnes 78)
10 Sparrow (LuaLua 78)
11 Noone
26 Bridcutt
30 Buckley (Vicente 60)
12 Mackail-Smith
Substitutes
01 Brezovan, 05 Dunk, 27 Taricco, 15 Vicente, 25 LuaLua, 32 Kasim, 09 Barnes

Newcastle fielded a depleted team (the reserves) to beat Forest 3-4 away in the League Cup.

BBC Sport - Nott'm Forest 3-4 Newcastle (aet)

But appeared to play most of the full team to beat Blackburn (who KOed them of the League Cup)

BBC Sport - Newcastle 2-1 Blackburn

So what team each side plays is somewhat of a mystery. That's assuming we can beat Wrexham!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here