Home to Newcastle

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Question is how does Gus feel about it. Does top class premiership opposition change his mindset in terms of team selection?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
really.oh hang on ,i see there is another thread........

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Gus has got to try to win the replay,,,I mean by playing a full strength side.

It's last season all over again, doesn't want to win it but then has his hands tied into winning the replay because of who we got in the next round.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It would be another good payday at home and Newcastle will travel and easily take their full allocation so will use some of the East Stand

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My missus is a Newcastle fan. If we get past Wrexham one of us is gonna be pissed off with the other for a while:lolol::albion2:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Play a strong team hopefully that has the attitude of wanting to win the game.

A full house at full prices with lots of hospitality = lots of money and potentiaqly a TV tie.

Knowing that cash is going to come in makes it easier to spend some money in January.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Serious dilemma for Gus.

He had EVERY INTENTION of playing a completely 2nd string at Wrexham. Now he's going to be rather unpopular if we play the kids and get dumped out. Thats a full house Amex plus quite conceivably live TV coverage we'd be binning, ie £1,000,000+

BIG decision.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Serious dilemma for Gus.

He had EVERY INTENTION of playing a completely 2nd string at Wrexham. Now he's going to be rather unpopular if we play the kids and get dumped out. Thats a full house Amex plus quite conceivably live TV coverage we'd be binning, ie £1,000,000+

BIG decision.

I reckon bloom will tell him to win it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hmmm, will TV be interested, if yes MUST be Friday otherwise the Palace game will be too close for the Sunday or will it get moved like the Cardiff game has for them as they play on the Sunday before - what about a Monday TV game - can the Palace game get postponed ???

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
His decisions yesterday may come back to haunt him, seriously hope not though as Newcastle at home would be immense!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports