Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home to Newcastle

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I'm going to the game dear, are you?

What game? You're going to the game that hasn't even been set yet? You might struggle to get a ticket with zero loyalty points. Unfortaunltey I dont think Listening to local BBC radio doing a two bob commentary gets you any points.

WOW.

Is it your first time at the Amex? Is it your first time watching the Albion?

Last edited:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It does make me chuckle that last night anyone who dared suggest Poyet should have fielded a stronger team apparently had no idea, and now everyone is desperate for a full team to play in the replay. We shouldn't even have this replay to worry about.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Palace won't be given a choice. Cup takes priority over league games. If the game needs to be moved, it will be, no matter what Palarse wants

Your game will be on Sat/ Sun so no need to move the league game, boy you lot are desperate. :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Question is how does Gus feel about it. Does top class premiership opposition change his mindset in terms of team selection?

Demonstrates once again why the manager should not be allowed to piss about with not being interested in cup competitions. The potential loss of revenue would be horrendous.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Your game will be on Sat/ Sun so no need to move the league game, boy you lot are desperate. :lolol:

I would suggest that you are the desperate one. No-one is talking to you and yet you still find the need for attention. We are speaking about the FA cup, who did you draw?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Team that beat 1-0 Sunderland full squad:

Brighton
16 Ankergren
03 Greer (Vincelot 46) (Taricco 77)
05 Dunk
14 Calderon
22 Painter
08 Navarro
11 Noone
17 Harley (LuaLua 88)
26 Bridcutt
09 Barnes
12 Mackail-Smith
Substitutes
01 Brezovan, 20 Vincelot, 27 Taricco, 10 Sparrow, 18 Dicker, 25 LuaLua, 33 Barker

We got 3 bookings and Sunderland with 29 fouls got just one, and some of the Black Cats fouls were awful in extra time.

Albion team v Wrexham:

Brighton
01 Brezovan
14 Calderon
20 Vincelot
31 Hall
34 Sampayo
08 Navarro (Kasim 63)
10 Sparrow
25 LuaLua (Agdestein 53)
30 Buckley (Rodgers 63)
35 Forster-Caskey
09 Barnes
Substitutes
16 Ankergren, 26 Bridcutt, 32 Kasim, 44 Rodgers, 12 Mackail-Smith, 23 Agdestein, 29 Bergkamp

Albion team that lost 1-2 to Liverpool

Brighton
16 Ankergren
03 Greer
14 Calderon
20 Vincelot yellow card
28 Cook
08 Navarro (Barnes 78)
10 Sparrow (LuaLua 78)
11 Noone
26 Bridcutt
30 Buckley (Vicente 60)
12 Mackail-Smith
Substitutes
01 Brezovan, 05 Dunk, 27 Taricco, 15 Vicente, 25 LuaLua, 32 Kasim, 09 Barnes

Newcastle fielded a depleted team (the reserves) to beat Forest 3-4 away in the League Cup.

BBC Sport - Nott'm Forest 3-4 Newcastle (aet)

But appeared to play most of the full team to beat Blackburn (who KOed them of the League Cup)

BBC Sport - Newcastle 2-1 Blackburn

So what team each side plays is somewhat of a mystery. That's assuming we can beat Wrexham!

Could see us going full strength, which wouldn't include Demba Ba or Cheik Tiote because of the ACoN. Probably be something along the lines of Krul, Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon, Obertan, Vuckic, Cabaye, Jonas, Best and Ben Arfa. We are definitely beatable, we don't create an awful lot away from home and when we have done we've relied on Ba a lot.

I just hope you win the replay, really want to play you lot.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

My feelings exactly. I have had a couple of memorable trips to St James' Park, Cardiff on a friday night and Wolves on a saturday.. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that Newcastle won them both quite handsomely. I was planning my annual trip up for March, this could save me a trip. Get you gents down here for a draw, then get up to Newcastle for the replay and win 1-0 with a few dodgy decisions! Glorious times ahead.

So long as don't play the kids at Wrexham.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Could see us going full strength, which wouldn't include Demba Ba or Cheik Tiote because of the ACoN. Probably be something along the lines of Krul, Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon, Obertan, Vuckic, Cabaye, Jonas, Best and Ben Arfa. We are definitely beatable, we don't create an awful lot away from home and when we have done we've relied on Ba a lot.

Plus it's Pardew and his record against us isn't brilliant :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here