Holroyd?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Makes me laugh, 'he's shit get rid' after his FIRST start in an albion shirt. f***ing morons.

This bloke isn't 17 years old and raw, he is 24 mate.

History dictates that 10 appearances is normally enough to see if a player is up to it or not and unfortunately for Chris he isn't a L1 player.

Similar arguements can be spouted using many examples including

The Fox brothers
Simon Funnell
Jake RObinson
Joe Gatting
Chris McPhee

blah blah blah

Eventually you have to accept it, some see it earlier than others. You will prob take 35 games to come to this conclusion but I doubt he will get as many chances as some players I've mentioned.

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
he prob low in confidence he needs a goal can only improve

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Words fail me on this occasion :p

ps..full clippedmobile for MK :thumbsup:

Yay! :thumbsup: Has The Banana had a change of heart? I'm sure he can't get enough of yours truly laxing wyrical about my undying love for that smashing Buckinghamshire paradise.. :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
should get his chance in the next two games now Murray is out but we need to adapt our style to suit him......play early balls through the middle and/or over the top for him to run on to and I think he will show that he has something different to offer to the team. Play the slow build-up all the time and he will disappear.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
should get his chance in the next two games now Murray is out but we need to adapt our style to suit him......play early balls through the middle and/or over the top for him to run on to and I think he will show that he has something different to offer to the team. Play the slow build-up all the time and he will disappear.

Should we really be adapting our winning style to accommodate him? I would suggest if he can only prosper with us playing a certain way, then he's probably not much use.

BlueWhite

Dec 28, 2003
Don't think Holroyd has shown anything yet - which raises a bigger question about next season's forwards. Murray obviously misses the first two games, but should be a regular. Otherwise... who? I reckon Plymouth will want Barnes back if they have any sense; Holroyd doesn't look like being up to being a regular starter; Forster is presumably never coming back; so that leaves.... Dickinson? Hart?? Are we actually going to be looking to sign 3 forwards in the summer to work with Murray?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
if we can only play one system we will be found out before next season even starts

Not if that one system is to play the ball along the ground player to player and you do it efficiently, no team will be able to combat it other than by brute force possibly, resulting in a lot of free kicks in and around the box.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Not if that one system is to play the ball along the ground player to player and you do it efficiently, no team will be able to combat it other than by brute force possibly, resulting in a lot of free kicks in and around the box.

Sorry but that just isn't true ................. by nullifying our wingers we will quickly have few options (Carlisle/Hartlepool/Southend......) and chances will dry up

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Not good enough at this level and is to lightweight, we need better fowards to get us up the table next year.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
To compare him with Dixon is ridiculous and questions Poyet's judgment, Dixon never got near the 1st team because the staff at the time could see he wasnt up to it, whereas Poyet is giving Holroyd plenty of game time. IMO he looks lively, but having to play wide in a 4-3-3 not really his best position, he looks more suited to playing off a centre forward type in a 4-4-2.
If he was as bad as some of the comments on here, do you honestly think Gus would have him anywhere near the squad?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Got his chance yesterday when he started ahead of Murray and played for an hour. Should have taken that chance.

I don't disagree with that (indeed I strongly agree with you) but to get the best out of him we need to recognise his strengths and weaknesses and adapt accordingly. If we become "one trick ponies" we waste anything he might bring to the side but more importantly we become predictable and easier to counter. To get promotion next year we have to have options and be able to adapt. That means strikers who can play more than one system and intelligent midfielders who can change the pattern of play as the game goes on.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Surprised only one person has picked up on him being totally to blame for the goal.
Their bloke was clearly overlapping, and he just gave up chasing him. Their bloke crossed for the goal. Disgraceful play.

He has a nice touch, and good pace, doesn't look like scoring though.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Just look how everyone slagged Navarro off at first and he's come good. Sometimes players need time and support to settle in and find their feet.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
My thoughts are that because Navarro did well, it doesn't garantee Holroyd will do well, i'm saying that players can do well over time. Didn't Ian Wright learn his trade (electrictrition i think?) before starting to play? ANd look where he ended up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports