Holroyd?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He doesn't do a great deal wrong - he looks comfortable on the ball, good touch when receiving the ball into feet, lays it off well etc.. but doesn't seem to be much of a goal-scorer. In his 10 or so appearances, he's rarely got into any goal-scoring positions, which is generally the main thing you look for in a striker (along with finishing said chances).

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
He has youthful enthusiam.

I thought today he was trying too hard to score, and that's why he missed the chance in front of the Bristol supporters.

A couple of times he got forward into some good position, and was asking for the ball and not getting it.

Haven't been impressed so far, but today's was a better performance, and hopefully will be one for the future, when he's put on a few pounds as he looks quite slight against the defenders in this division.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I could accept him finding his feet in this league - hasn't exactly had a huge amount of game time. It seems, however, that he has barely mustered a shot on goal yet! Hopefully he'll prove us all wrong but I can't see him making the grade!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Is he up to it?

Today was the first time I thought "hmmm, I'm not sure he is good enough". I know how desperate people on NSC are generally to write players off within their first 4-5 games but I think we need to give him a little longer. We never know what might happen if he gets a goal and is away and running. My instinct though is that, at absolute best, he will be 4th choice next season.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
looks too lightweight and not upto, get rid off

If anyone tries to argue that he is good enough for the championship, which is where we want to be, I will quite arrogantly laugh in their face. He can run about a lot and he is fine coming off the bench for 10-15 minutes but he isn't good enough.

I hope I am proved wrong but I don't think he has even scored for us OR Cambridge since October.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I don't think he's suited to playing on the wing, he needs a run of games up front (ideally alongside a target man). Unfortunately I can't see him getting that given Gus' preferred formation which makes it a very strange signing all in all.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Final judgement should be reserved until next season. It seems churlish to write him off now. Give him a pre-season with the team and let's see how he does.

There are plenty of examples of players that have a slow start at a club and go on to earn their wage.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
he always looks composed and tidy on the ball and is quite good at finding good lay offs. He just never has any chances to score. He must have only had two shots on goal in his time with us

I dont think he is shit, but looks a bit out of his depth at the minute. Going non league and straight to League One is quite a big step to take remember. You do get the odd gem obviously like Hooper and Austin, Gary Hart etc

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He is lightweight, but is Barnes any bigger?
He's just not that good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports