Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway doesn't know.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Thank god for that. i get the distinct impression on here that we are absolutely desperate for someone to hate us !

Don't worry, we will always be here for you! It's Charlton that really are desperate for us to hate them, we just tell them to piss off and go and see if Gillingham want to play.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Blundell Park, black and white stripes, Alan Buckley, rivalry with Hull (or more realistically Lincoln) you wank over our cod....we can all play that game, and my point remains that Brighton V Palace is a fierce rivalry. How old are you by the way, as it could explain your ignorance in all things (S)Eagulls?

Neither Hull nor Lincoln are our main rival, and we don't eat cod. You already have the answer to your question.

I like what you did with '(s)eagulls' though, good work.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I'm not a wind-up merchant, just someone with a level head. Perhaps I am a f***ing idiot. I'll take that as your considered opinion.

Very good. You have supported Brighton since !977 and did not notice any hostility in the 70's and 80's. OK, f***ing idiot was a bit mild!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Poojah wrote "Dear Players of Grimsby Town" on a Grimsby Town football forum which was picked up by numerous other football forums/message boards including NSC of a fans eye view of his club going down the shitter.

Easy to forget that was written by a mere human. Amazing bit of writing, [MENTION=17745]Poojah[/MENTION], it is incredible.

As for our Palace rivalry, it's funny. I just don't like them. I don't have the level of hatred some people have, that isn't my nature. But I don't like anything about the club and that stems from over a decade as a Brighton supporter singing the songs. Same for Palace fans I'm sure.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Easy to forget that was written by a mere human. Amazing bit of writing, [MENTION=17745]Poojah[/MENTION], it is incredible.

As for our Palace rivalry, it's funny. I just don't like them. I don't have the level of hatred some people have, that isn't my nature. But I don't like anything about the club and that stems from over a decade as a Brighton supporter singing the songs. Same for Palace fans I'm sure.

Come on, haven't you seen our cheerleaders?! :ohmy:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds

Cheers. Was honestly a bit unexpected and embarrassing at the time, amazing that people still remember several years on.

Sitting in the Arthur Wait Stand with a handful of other Albion fans, wearing the blue and white stripes, in the midst of a couple of thousand Norwich City supporters, to promote the second REMF game back in 2002, and experiencing the whole of the Holmesdale end hurling their colourful abuse at just us, it seemed to those of us who were there that Palace take the rivalry as seriously as we do. The Norwich fans, on the other hand, were just baffled by it.

Even better was the pre-match drinking with the Seagulleater and his chums in the Woolpack (their pub of choice at the time). I think there were seven of us in there, doing nothing more hostile than playing Cluedo, but the police found out - and sent a whole minibus full of the Met's finest to keep a watch on us.

Last edited:

Dktr Faustus

Feb 14, 2012
Worthing
Very good. You have supported Brighton since !977 and did not notice any hostility in the 70's and 80's. OK, f***ing idiot was a bit mild!

No, I do recall some interesting encounters in the 80's but my recollection is that the Pompey matches were always much more hostile, with both sets of fans up for it. We even used to give Pompey and entire stand as they brought so may fans alone. Palace matches were never as exciting and never attracted a huge number of palace fans, presumably as they weren't as bothered about the fixture as we were. And I was a teenager in the North stand throughout most of the 80's. How about you?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Cheers. Was honestly a bit unexpected and embarrassing at the time, amazing that people still remember several years on.

Just read them.

:bowdown:

Top ranting, probably shoots straight up to my 3rd and 4th favourite posts on the internet.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
No, I do recall some interesting encounters in the 80's but my recollection is that the Pompey matches were always much more hostile, with both sets of fans up for it. We even used to give Pompey and entire stand as they brought so may fans alone. Palace matches were never as exciting and never attracted a huge number of palace fans, presumably as they weren't as bothered about the fixture as we were. And I was a teenager in the North stand throughout most of the 80's. How about you?

Only because Pompey didn't play Southampton at the time...until that F A Cup match in 1984.. As a kid I thought Pompey would be rivals. It soon changed...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Come on, haven't you seen our cheerleaders?! :ohmy:

Will you stop coming across as reasonably decent and funny? It's most unwelcome.

It won't be forgotten by people who truly related to it. Your presence on NSC makes this place better. Despite how it may come across, I think this is a place which embraces fans of opposing clubs, and the people who are football enthusiasts in general who take an interest in the wider scope of the game than just one club. Are you on the Port Vale fansite, One Vale? I remember your work being particularly well received over there.

pog5

Oct 28, 2012
been going to bha palace games since 1974, and i still dont like you lot.
dont do all that fighting stuff anymore, but everybody did it all those years ago.
most older fans of both clubs will understand the hatred, because that is what it was/
i am looking forward to saturdays game, and i hope we win. but its not the end of the world anymore, perhaps its me getting older

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
That's a relief to hear in some way as I've been getting a bit embarrassed by all the kids coming on hear creaming their boxers in anticipation for tomorrow's showdown.

this was posted by one of their fans on their forum.

Dear Ian sir.
As you are new here and still finding your feet around the place, i would understand if you perhaps had very little idea of the importance of beating the buggers from down south tomorrow. It is to a huge number of palace fans a game where losing is unthinkable, drawing barely acceptable, and winning ensures unlimited patience for you for the rest of the season. This is celtic rangers, liverpool man u, and spurs arsenal for us. Plus i live among the inbreds, and my life will be pure misery if they get some sort of result. Please get the boys up for this, please batter the weeds into oblivion, and please if poss, top the 5 goals we scored against them a few yrs back..

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
This pleases me greatly. Last season, I do not think Gus got the rivalry whereas they had Dougie Freedman who knows what this game means to both sets of fans...Hence they came out on top in the match-ups. At the end of the campaign Poyet stated how happy he was for us to finish above Palace for the first time in years so it is clear he eventually grasped it.

Now, it is the other way around with Holloway not really understanding what it is all about and I am hoping this can work to our advantage.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

This. :bhasign: THE DOUBLE!?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don't even believe Gus really knows either.

The fans do, but then again we are the only constant everything else moves on.

Gus and the team didn't seem to have much of an idea at The Amex last season did they............that travesty of a result can never be erased......
i really hope the boys are on their game today. for the full 90 minutes .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here