Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hippodrome open. Two days only.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Brighton Hippodrome, Middle Street, is open for viewing 27 & 28 July. In the area, well worth popping in to see the architecture.
My mum and dad met there :bowdown:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
IMG-20230727-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20230727-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20230727-WA0000.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
Hoping to get in there tomorrow as I have the day off.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I remember being taken to see variety shows there as a kid.. It has stood derelict for so long . Brighton has lost several old theatres , I do hope they can complete it . As someone said , it would be a wonderful venue for music .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My wife is taking her mum tomorrow.

She saw The Beatles there twice and the Rolling Stones too - all in 1964
My father saw The Stones there. My mother saw The Beatles, I presume at the same venue.

I’m pleased it’s been restored. Will it re-open as a concert hall? What does the future hold?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
My father saw The Stones there. My mother saw The Beatles, I presume at the same venue.

I’m pleased it’s been restored. Will it re-open as a concert hall? What does the future hold?
It's being restored - it's miles away from having been restored.

I spoke to some of the people in charge there - they are waiting on planning permission for the restoration to be finalised. The application has been in for over 18 months, and they shrugged and laughed when I asked them how much longer they think it will take.

They also intimated that other venues may be scared of potential competition, which may be hindering the process.

They had a petition that everyone was signing. This is probably it - please sign it!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Thats the plan. Fatboy Slim was on the local news at the Hippodrome the other night saying he's definitely planning to do a gig there asap when it reopens.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's being restored - it's miles away from having been restored.

I spoke to some of the people in charge there - they are waiting on planning permission for the restoration to be finalised. The application has been in for over 18 months, and they shrugged and laughed when I asked them how much longer they think it will take.

They also intimated that other venues may be scared of potential competition, which may be hindering the process.

They had a petition that everyone was signing. This is probably it - please sign it!

Thanks.
I have signed it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I saw the Beatles, Nat Jackley and Jimmy Clitheroe, Frankie Vaughan, Jimmy Edwards, etc etc
The pantos were brilliant every January.
Oh no they weren't!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here