Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There's an operational procedure called London Bridge in the even of the worst happening and it does include announcement time protocols IIRC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_London_Bridge#:~:text=Operation%20London%20Bridge%20(also%20known,details%20of%20her%20state%20funeral.

Operation Unicorn

"Operation Unicorn is a plan that outlines what would happen if the Queen dies in Scotland. Details about Operation Unicorn were first reported to the public in 2019, although mention of the codename was first made in the Scottish Parliament's online papers in 2017.

Once the death has been made public, Holyrood Palace, St Giles' Cathedral, and the Scottish Parliament will serve as the focal point of gatherings, with a condolence book open to the public set up at the latter location. Parliamentary business will be suspended immediately for at least six parliamentary days, in order to allow authorities to prepare for the funeral. The parliament will then prepare a motion of condolence within 72 hours of reconvening.

The Queen's coffin will first lie in repose at Holyrood Palace, followed by a service of reception at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh. Following this, the coffin would then be transported to Waverley Station and then taken by the Royal Train to London if possible. Otherwise the coffin would be taken by plane to London and welcomed by the prime minister and cabinet ministers."

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Bloody hell.

I've just got back form a 15 hour flight home. I left with everything rosy. I land to Potter agreeing a deal with Chelsea and the Queen in serious bad health?

What a shitty flight.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
News channels making a right best seller out of one announcement.

She’s 96, she is going to go soon.

Aye …and at that age the thing you hope for is that the person doesn’t suffer …palace reporting she is comfortable.
Not a ‘royalist’ by any means but huge respect for her

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm certainly not pro the concept of a Royal family, but I am pro this wonderful, dignified lady. As it seems inevitable, may she pass as painlessly as possible and rest in peace. Very sad.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
It seems they are preparing us for bed news concerning our dear Ol' Queen.

The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral after doctors became concerned for her health, Buckingham Palace says.

"Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen's doctors are concerned for Her Majesty's health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision," they said in a statement.

I do not think I have known a worse week for news, Liz Truss, Putin, Energy, The Queen & Potter...
Bloody hate this week.

I am no royalist, but do like the Queen, and can appreciate her role in this once great country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62836057

It still is a great country

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She will be a much missed steady hand and is needed now more than ever as this once great country faces a sea of troubles.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm trying to think of something upbeat to say, but I'm already wiping the tears away just with the realisation this could be the end of her life.

This again, I keep chocking up, not that as I have said before I am a royalist, but because she reminds me of my gran (she actually looks similar), who brought me up for several years when I was really young, and her generation that lived through the war.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Is it certain we get a day off ?

According to official documents although the day of her funeral will be a national day of mourning there is no plans to order companies to give employees the day off, it is a matter between employer and employee to come to an agreement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here