Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Going to be a very different country, not at all sure I want King Charles III...

For the good of the country they should definitely skip and go straight for WIlliam. His family is gold dust.

But that is not how it works and Charles has patiently waited his turn and will give it a good crack I'm sure.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Going to be a very different country, not at all sure I want King Charles III...

You'll get your wish as he will be known as George

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Might not last the day. What a wonderful woman.

Good luck King Charles III

I'm not sure he will be - Charles III that is.

I thought that because of our previous kings called Charles (the First got his head lopped off and the Second was effectively a flamboyant playboy who spent lots of money) that he was looking for another regnal name. IIRC it was going to be George VII following his grandfather. Yeah. Seemed odd at the time and still seems odd now. But then he is a bit odd!

Whilst certainly not a monarchist I do appreciate the life's service HM has given to the country. It will be a sad day but she has had a great knock.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
A friend of a friends wife is an ITV newscaster, they’ve all been told to stop what they are doing and report to the offices. It really doesn’t sound good.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The bookies are making Charles favourite to take over.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Bit rude (I assume, since your response was asterisked out). Just to be clear, my facetious comment was aimed at the snivelling, cap-doffing, genuflecting attitude of the state media not the Queen who (for a royal, and me being no royalist) I have a fair amount of admiration for. I apologise for my insensitivity though, and will now refrain from making any further comment on this sad day. RIP Queenie, it is certainly the end of an era.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I'm not sure he will be - Charles III that is.

I thought that because of our previous kings called Charles (the First got his head lopped off and the Second was effectively a flamboyant playboy who spent lots of money) that he was looking for another regnal name. IIRC it was going to be George VII following his grandfather. Yeah. Seemed odd at the time and still seems odd now. But then he is a bit odd!

Whilst certainly not a monarchist I do appreciate the life's service HM has given to the country. It will be a sad day but she has had a great knock.

Weren't half the Georges barking mad narcissists, though?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor.

Could choose any of those first names when he becomes King.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are also en route to Balmoral.

This is not looking good, it'll be a sad and surreal day when she passes.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Somewhat pisses on Chelsea impending press conference

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It seems they are preparing us for bed news concerning our dear Ol' Queen.

The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral after doctors became concerned for her health, Buckingham Palace says.

"Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen's doctors are concerned for Her Majesty's health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision," they said in a statement.

I do not think I have known a worse week for news, Liz Truss, Putin, Energy, The Queen & Potter...
Bloody hate this week.

I am no royalist, but do like the Queen
, and can appreciate her role in this once great country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62836057

My sentiments exactly

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm trying to think of something upbeat to say, but I'm already wiping the tears away just with the realisation this could be the end of her life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here