Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor

It seems they are preparing us for bed news concerning our dear Ol' Queen.

The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral after doctors became concerned for her health, Buckingham Palace says.

"Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen's doctors are concerned for Her Majesty's health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision," they said in a statement.

I do not think I have known a worse week for news, Liz Truss, Putin, Energy, The Queen & Potter...
Bloody hate this week.

I am no royalist, but do like the Queen, and can appreciate her role in this once great country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62836057

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Prince Charles IN

Been fairly apparent for a while her health has been going down hill, lots of missed commitments and such. Shame, she has served well, whatever you think of the Royals.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
News channels making a right best seller out of one announcement.

She’s 96, she is going to go soon.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Hushed, reverential voices on BBC breaking news report. Urgghh, this is going to go on for days. And days, and days. Apologies to Queen fans, no disrespec' intended.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
She seems to have gone downhill rapidly after Philip died and since getting Covid. I suspect she may not survive too much longer but hope I am wrong about that. Her passing will likely kick off a whole swathe of changes here and abroad (in the countries where she is head of state).

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Today is just going from bad to worse. I wonder how Harry will deal with it - the Queen obviously, not Potter.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I thought there was a huge waiting list.

Oh.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is the real story.

Going to happen sooner rather than later.

God bless her majesty. The end of an age. Not an era.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ominous, she could well be gone within a day or two :down:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If the worst happens, I hope the usual suspects don't crawl out from under their NSC stones to share their lack of respect or whatever snarky anti Royal thoughts they may have.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The wheels will be in motion I suspect. This will have been rehearsed for years. The tribute programs will have been recorded ages ago.

Certainly an end of an era.

Sad times

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here