Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Heat emergency declared in England

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Climate change is real, and it’s happening fast.
You’d have to be massively ignorant or downright stupid to not acknowledge it.

Here in Western Canada, summer 2021 saw record temps in many towns and cities, including one town which entirely burnt to the ground.
Less than 5 months later, we had record lows in the winter.

Record temps, wildfires and general climate disasters are happening much more frequently and affecting parts of the world which aren’t prepared or equipped for the extremes.

Politicians across the world must up their game on climate very quickly as this is going to continue until real hard change is implemented globally as it affects all of our lives.
Infrastructure, agriculture, health, environment, wildlife and human life.
My hope is that when the younger generation start to vote they will put climate change higher up their priorities list. I see a lot of passion in their area among the youth and hope that they are not swayed by the short term crumbs offered by political parties in return for their vote

I hope all are stafe and we'll, apologies if my posts have scoffed at your situation. I haven't intentionality done so as I understand that this is an unusual weather pattern that will cause chaos.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The pictures of those house fires look utterly devastating. In normal circumstances, a house fire is generally contained to just a proportion of the property and fought from the inside, so it’s often possible for crews to salvage precious or important items before they are lost or damaged.

Some of these homes looked like they just spontaneously combusted with 100% total loss in minutes. One piece of footage I saw shot from a helicopter showed even the whole garden, garage and cars had been destroyed. Absolutely everything that family own gone, apart from what they are stood up in.

News are saying that that fire may have started in a compost heap. Eyewitness said it spread across the garden and into the houses in seconds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1561897267551866881[/tweet]

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Europe has had its driest year in 500 years, the next 5 were all in the last 19 years.

The mighty Rhine and Danube are in parts unnavigable, for the first time.

Still not enough to convince the climate change deniers though. Otherwise known as stupid people :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here