Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had Covid?

Have you had Covid?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Coughing all night and feel rough this morning. Trying to get a lateral flow test, but couple of chemists Mrs Wz has tried don't have any.

Booked in for a PCR at Sussex Uni lunchtime (and triple jabbed).

My wife sounds ths same as you, a dry hacking cough which irritates every time she lays down. She has been sleeping in the front room on the recliner to try and get some sleep. It doesn't seem to be something that goes quickly as she is presently week3 and still as bad. We are both positive for Covid me now day 6 with no smell or taste. Freedom day for us is presently 22 Dec.
Look after yourself, hopefully you don't have Covid and need to isolate

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I have had 1st 2nd and booster and still don’t feel as safe as I would want, currently we have seven members of the family with the virus and who are suffering

D

Deleted member 2719

March 2020, Came home from work in London, said to the wife that I feel a bit rough so went to bed early, Couldn't get up for 12 days, never felt so bad but slept a lot. No tests available so we can only assume it was Covid but can never be sure. (NHS111 said as much). Should I vote yes?

Very similar story mate, my son had something in March 2020 and then I got it, I wasn't in bed but the sofa and tv got some heavy usage for a week and the pure tiredness lingered for days. I am sure I had hallucinations of you in a pink nightie too.
My son thinks we are immuned to it because we had the original version, because my wife and daughter got it in October. I like his logical thinking, not sure the science would agree though.

However I actually went out and braved the shops, masked donned on a Monday nearly 2 weeks ago and 4 days later, i went down like Duran did when Hearns found the button, first time in my life. Bruised and cut nose as I butted the stairs. But the worse was the projectile V and D for several hours and a very acidic stomach for a week.(gastroenteritis)

A week later I have just eaten a normal days food and had enough strength to get out and do 1 hour of gardening.

The moral of the story don't go shopping to pompey and watch out for the other zillions of bugs out there!
Stay safe mate.

I am not sure I can vote yes as I really don't know for sure, but my gut say yes I have had it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thankfully, I haven’t had it, but, my daughter tested positive this week, absolutely no symptoms ( yet?) and my nephews 4 year old daughter was taken into hospital last night with it.

I had a customer in the cafe this morning telling Mrs LLF it’s all made up. All politicians are lying.

He did wear a mask though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep, all five of the household got it in July when already double jabbed. Worse than the 'mild symptoms' that many people describe but, thankfully, nowhere near bad enough to be heading to hospital.

Symptoms – fatigue, blocked ears, no sense of smell (or things smelling different to how they should) – hung around for a good few months afterwards. Smell has still not come back, but I think I've got used to it!

But yes, it's either a hoax or just like the flu...

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
No, but I’m not sure what God has to do with it.
Is what you are saying, I should be thankful to God because he is sparing me (so far) but killing others?

With that flawed logic, God should not be thanked but tried for mass murder.

Religion is nonsense. LITERALLY

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is what you are saying, I should be thankful to God because he is sparing me (so far) but killing others?

Sorry, I will refrain from using any figures of speech on future posts and thread titles :smile:

All the best from an atheist!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Don't capitalise a word you clearly don't understand.

Nonsense - spoken or written words that have no meaning or make no sense

A large proportion of the world find a lot of meaning and presumably sense in their religion. You thinking something does not make it literal.

super-seagulls

Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Don't capitalise a word you clearly don't understand.

Nonsense - spoken or written words that have no meaning or make no sense

A large proportion of the world find a lot of meaning and presumably sense in their religion. You thinking something does not make it literal.

Fair enough on my lack of understanding of words.

But I also don’t understand why anyone would want to thank God that they don’t or haven’t had Covid. That makes no sense. It implies that God has chosen or willed one not to have it. Which would also mean God wanted others TO have it. I.e. mass murderer.

Do you disagree with that?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Fair enough on my lack of understanding of words.

But I also don’t understand why anyone would want to thank God that they don’t or haven’t had Covid. That makes no sense. It implies that God has chosen or willed one not to have it. Which would also mean God wanted others TO have it. I.e. mass murderer.

Do you disagree with that?

Why are you so desperate to derail this thread? He already said, as everyone else seemed to understand, that it was used as a figure of speech. The massive irony is you have taken his phraseology literally.

super-seagulls

Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Why are you so desperate to derail this thread? He already said, as everyone else seemed to understand, that it was used as a figure of speech. The massive irony is you have taken his phraseology literally.

I just found it a curious turn of phrase, under the circumstances.

I wanted to answer no on the poll, but couldn’t understand why thanking God should be part of it.
As you were.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I just found it a curious turn of phrase, under the circumstances.

I wanted to answer no on the poll, but couldn’t understand why thanking God should be part of it.
As you were.

Well I'm not religious but voted no. Take a brave pill and press the button. Don't think anyone will think you are a zealot - it isn't legally binding.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Caught it in September 10 days after isolating from the other half that had it..

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is a PCR necessary do you think?

I'm nearing the end of week 2 of whatever it is. We've been in lockdown since Day 1 of it. By Christmas Day we'll have been out of the world for 21 days.
You should get a PCR test to confirm if possible. Lateral flow tests should not be used for 90 days after infection as they pick up dead vestiges of the virus and you could end up with a false positive.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Super seagulls and super sensitive. The use of God in this instance is simply as a phrase to describe feeling lucky.

If as you say, there is no God then the corollary for that view is that ultimately there is no meaning in life, therefore all arguments, especially those involving arguing about whether a deity exists are futile.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here