Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you 50 years or more supporting Albion???

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Congratulations to all the recycled teenagers!

35 odd years and counting for me!

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
nah, 39 last month but still old enough to put a shit load of posters on this board over my knee for a good spanking.............

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
did this pass you by?????
the_2010-11_league_1_champions_4990808.jpg

i guess i was being abit more ambitious

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
First game on me own ended 4-6. I was hooked going with my dad,but that game was brilliant.20/12/58.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
i guess i was being abit more ambitious

shouldn't bother if I were you.

Winning the Third Division at a canter is about as good as it gets for us

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
Count me in! Saw my first Goldstone game in September 1958 - a 2-0 victory over Grimsby in the old Division 2. I was 10 and remember how bright the orange running track looked. I think it must have recently been relaid to celebrate the first promotion from the old Division 3 South. The West Stand was spanking new then.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
:albion2:
1946 was my first match when I went with my uncle to the goldstone. Supported ever since

I was born in 1946! But I can still manage nearly 53 years - 1st game Dec 27th 1958 against Fulham - Biggeste ever gate at the Goldstone - I think they stopped counting at 36000!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
1953 I think - my father said that footballers were all pansies so a friend of his, a Hurstpierpoint builder, took me to the Goldstone from time to time in his Ford Pilot.

Mrs Imp started before she met me in 1959, one of few High School gels to follow the Albion. Fast motorbikes and slower women then took over but we returned as a young family in 1972 and have been regulars since then; season tickets holders since the mid-80s. So really I can claim only to have been a true supporter for about 40 years.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
MacCauley and the 64/65 side was my start behind the north stand goal,so not quite there yet......What excitement......!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm in. Carried in on dad's shoulders or squeezed in same turnstyle gap as dad. Either way, dad never paid for me!

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
1955 for me. The days of the old west stand! Will never forget rushing off from Benfield School to get to the Goldstone for the Watford game (6-0) in 1958 - sat on the running track!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:
Hats off to you guys who have been following The Albion for 50+ years.

Even without any away games, if you have been to every home game that's well over a thousand games!

Me, first game was York at home, November 73, so a mere 38 years for me.
Cant say I've been to everey game at home due to serving Queen and Country but can say I've missed one home game in 15 years...Oldham at home when we won 3-0,think Lee Steele got a couple,I in hospital...listening on my radio...nurse was putting stitches in a scalp wound when I shouted out...she said "Sorry did that hurt?" I said no...Brighton have just scored!!
Forgive her for she knows not what she done!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Fantastic thread and much respect to the Seniors of NSC.

Still got a few more years before I can join the over 50's!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here