Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you 50 years or more supporting Albion???

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'd like to sit in the middle of you old geezers, you might make me look attractive and young.

no chance mate I know Skipper and myself are the height of suave and sophistication but you could if you like give our cuban heel boots a quick polish

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
And there I was feeling proud that I'd clocked up 39 years - you lot make me feel like a JCL!!!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Loving the T-shirt Seagull on the wing. Congratulations to all you +50's, its loyal supporters like you that have carried us to Falmer. I am a mere baby that has clocked up 35 years.

pyi

Jul 24, 2007
49 and counting.Saw my first Albion game in august 1962 standing in the Chicken Run,and watched us beat Barnsley 2-0.

Watching the game against Barnsley the other week from my seat in the west stand,brought back the memories of that match in 1962.Nice view from my seat but loved the view from the Chicken Run.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Loving the T-shirt Seagull on the wing. Congratulations to all you +50's, its loyal supporters like you that have carried us to Falmer. I am a mere baby that has clocked up 35 years.
Thanks,What is annoying though I did'nt get to see the Albion till I was 19,Dad hated football and the Navy thought I should be at the Suez canal lobbing 4" shells at Egypt during the Suez crisis 1956,then Eoka started up in Cyprus so went on anti gun running patrols,got back and went to Albion v Sunderland.Albion won 2-0, I was hooked but then the Navy sent me to tour the Far East on HMS Alert.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Blimey I thought I was one of the oldest, now I realise I'm a JCL. A mere youngster supporting for 58 years

My dad took me in March 1953 to see us play Swindon. We lost 2-1 and its been down hill ever since.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Blimey I thought I was one of the oldest, now I realise I'm a JCL. A mere youngster supporting for 58 years

My dad took me in March 1953 to see us play Swindon. We lost 2-1 and its been down hill ever since.

Snap - well 1953 for me as well although I cannot remember which match but do remember the excitement of being down the bottom of the chicken run.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Loving this thread! When I first started posting regularly on NSC I used the name 'old fat and bald' (ofab) as I just assumed I was the oldest poster by several decades and that everyone else was a load of teenagers (an easy mistake to make if you'd seen the standard of threads on NSC back in 1999/2000) Meeting people like DtG (Granny Weatherwax) and DKM soon put me right of course ...

Didn't realise 'Daffy Duck' was so old!

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
52 with Albion.
My interest in the game began the season Liverpool were relegated
My interest now is steadily dissipating

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Loving this thread! When I first started posting regularly on NSC I used the name 'old fat and bald' (ofab) as I just assumed I was the oldest poster by several decades and that everyone else was a load of teenagers (an easy mistake to make if you'd seen the standard of threads on NSC back in 1999/2000) Meeting people like DtG (Granny Weatherwax) and DKM soon put me right of course ...

Didn't realise 'Daffy Duck' was so old!

Oi! Watch it, cheeky!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
40 years last september,by the time i reach 50,hopefully brighton would of won something,makes you wonder where we will be doesn't it (brighton that is)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hats off to you guys who have been following The Albion for 50+ years.

Even without any away games, if you have been to every home game that's well over a thousand games!

Me, first game was York at home, November 73, so a mere 38 years for me.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
40 years last september,by the time i reach 50,hopefully brighton would of won something,makes you wonder where we will be doesn't it (brighton that is)

did this pass you by?????
the_2010-11_league_1_champions_4990808.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here