Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has to be done - Potter In or Out?

Potter in or out

• Total voters

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
fence , looks out of his depth.

Making some strange choices tactically , looks lost.

The having a pop at fans recently wasnt great.

Getting found out a bit

Suspect he will take us down

Potter “Unless I’ve missed something since I’ve been in Wales or Sweden, I don’t think Brighton have ever been a top team or a top performing team.”

“I think when I came in, the season before they had 36 points, so I’m not sure where this perception of where we should be or whether it’s bad or not comes from.”

Maybe that's why Bloom sacked Hughton you numpty Potter. :shrug:

http://http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/is-graham-potter-right-about-brighton-fans-having-too-high-expectations/

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
In - Better strikers and we're top 10

Unlikely to happen with the money it costs in this league for " better strikers"

Better hope is sort the defence out with what we have got. Even if it takes us back to more basic way of playing. Results trump style if want to stay in the money league

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In, for now.

Pros: There have been times when our football has been a joy to watch, it's not his fault our strikers squander golden chances ALL THE FKING TIME.
Cons: Our set pieces (attacking and defending) are criminally shit. That's his fault. One home win all calendar year is also no fluke.

Let's see where we are in the new year. Things will obviously look far more rosy if we can get the results we need in the next 2 games.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Agreed SImster, he has my backing until January to grind something out . . . .

If we're still shyte and he's still in a job at the end of January we will have to assume TB has a safety bet on relegation. . . . maybe the shit kit was deliberate and it is all part of ther big plan ?

stranger things have happened.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Our confidence is fragile. Until we conceded we had been playing OK, once that goal went in Leicester grew in confidence and ours went completely. We don’t seem to have any options at LB either and Leicester targeted Burn who had a mare. Question is who should we be playing there, or do we leave March back there too? March actually looked like our best attacking option so I think GP set us up OK everywhere except where we don’t have options :shrug:

Lucky that Leicester took their foot off the gas as I saw another few goals as inevitable in the second half. I don’t have the answers but I do think that we are going to need a big slice of luck and a win to start to rebuild the belief. I am semi resigned to relegation as things stand.

I think what was reinforced is that without a brute like Duffy and a natural LB, we’re not strong enough defensively to play 4 at the back AND go on the attack. We certainly can’t afford to play Gross as a conventional central midfielder unless he’s got 3 behind him because he’s slow and can’t tackle but, with the extra protection, he’s able to make a decent contribution in the absence of Lallana.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Sadly, I can only vote based upon what I have seen, and reluctantly, I have voted OUT.

I like the style of play; I have nothing against Graham Potter; but I don't think he has the leadership qualities to take a team playing in the most competitive top flight league in the world forward.

Look at teams like West Ham who have pushed on which David Moyes of all people in charge and with a dysfunctional leadership team. We we have done very poorly in comparison. It isn't just Potter's fault - it goes deeper - but I'm not seeing much fight in the man.

I'm not about to start a campaign for his head and I hope things comes good, but just based on what I've seen to date, he isn't good enough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pre game - 'Not expecting anything from tonight'.
Post game - 'Sack the board, the manager, half the players'.

Doesn't make sense to me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As I see it, our next two games are huge. If we fail to win either (probably both) then we're right in the shit. If we put in limp, listless displays like we managed against Burnley, West Brom and Southampton in the process then I think we need to ask some very hard, serious questions about our direction of travel.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We aren’t sacking him. Maybe going down with him to come back up isn’t a bad thing after all. Can’t see how we survive at the moment.

Really? Even a draw and a win against Fulham and Sheffield United gives us 14 points from 14 games. Bang on target to stay up and about what we’ve been doing the whole time in the PL average wise. Given the opposition we’ve faced so far, there’s every reason to think we can pick up the pace too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sadly, I can only vote based upon what I have seen, and reluctantly, I have voted OUT.

I like the style of play; I have nothing against Graham Potter; but I don't think he has the leadership qualities to take a team playing in the most competitive top flight league in the world forward.

Look at teams like West Ham who have pushed on which David Moyes of all people in charge and with a dysfunctional leadership team. We we have done very poorly in comparison. It isn't just Potter's fault - it goes deeper - but I'm not seeing much fight in the man.

I'm not about to start a campaign for his head and I hope things comes good, but just based on what I've seen to date, he isn't good enough.

You're comparing a team that's baseline spend per player is £40m.
With one who's baseline is £18m.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Pre game - 'Not expecting anything from tonight'.
Post game - 'Sack the board, the manager, half the players'.

Doesn't make sense to me.

NSC in massive over-reaction shock.

For all the irritations like set pieces, bottom line is we’re a decently coached team lacking clinical strikers. Even last night we should have taken the lead. The real test for Potter is ensuring our players don’t become as negative as the fans.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agreed SImster, he has my backing until January to grind something out . . . .

If we're still shyte and he's still in a job at the end of January we will have to assume TB has a safety bet on relegation. . . . maybe the shit kit was deliberate and it is all part of ther big plan ?

stranger things have happened.

TB doesn’t panic. See Jan - May 2019.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Fence.

Last night aside and a couple of dodgy 45 minutes here and there we have looked really good. I can see, and I enjoy, how Potter is trying to get us to play but for whatever reason it isn't working right now. We need a proper left back. We need a better goalkeeper. We need a quality striker.

I'm also entrenched in the belief that the United game kicked us in the nuts and we've not recovered from it. We battled away and were the better team only to be robbed at the last and we've looked dazed ever since.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

For all the irritations like set pieces, bottom line is we’re a decently coached team lacking clinical strikers. Even last night we should have taken the lead. The real test for Potter is ensuring our players don’t become as negative as the fans.

Despite there being 3 goals, Welbeck’s was probably the easiest of the night and a well crafted opening too, as was the chances for Jahanbakhsh.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BHAFC 6 to 1 to get relegated which to me seems very generous

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

At least we're not there to make a bad situation worse...

...ah f**k it. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here