Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has to be done - Potter In or Out?

Potter in or out

• Total voters

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Voted Fence.
I don't think he has been helped by seemingly poor recruitment. We needed and didn't get a left sided defender, goalkeeper and striker and those failures are certainly a problem now.
I like the style we play but I wonder if we have the players that can make this system effective and are there are times when a more pragmatic approach would be better? We also seem to be mentally soft, with a problem in both boxes and this is the managers issue to sort.
Above all I want to enjoy seeing Brighton win football matches and there hasn't been much of this lately, so fence.
Less than 4 points in the next two games and I might move to out. I hope I don't.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That just comes back to my original post - Why would you expect Leicester away to be different, when before the game you definitely didn't?

It turns out GPott - this team - the process as a whole is now perfectly set up for judgement in the post game on 29.12.20.

Hindsight suggests the team selection last night was more to do with the next 2 games and bizarrely 3 of the next 4 games.

New year
New transfer window.
New manager?

But I didn't expect to lose 3-0. In fact, I expected a bit more from the team.

I'm voting on what I have seen to date, that's all.

Had we done what should have been done against the likes of WBA and were were sitting prettier then I'd have more confidence in voting IN, but we haven't, so I can't.

As I say, I'm not going to be starting any Potter Out posts and I think that questions should run much deeper than just GP, but GP needs to use his influence to change things on the pitch and off it - evidence so far suggests he hasn't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But I didn't expect to lose 3-0. In fact, I expected a bit more from the team.

I'm voting on what I have seen to date, that's all.

Had we done what should have been done against the likes of WBA and were were sitting prettier then I'd have more confidence in voting IN, but we haven't, so I can't.

As I say, I'm not going to be starting any Potter Out posts and I think that questions should run much deeper than just GP, but GP needs to use his influence to change things on the pitch and off it - evidence so far suggests he hasn't.

I'm currently happy on the in side of the fence.
I'm mindful of the fact I'll be vaulting (assuming it's very low) the fence after Arsenal.

There's clearly something wrong, but I still believe Potter can straighten it out.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
concerning thing for us is the old saying " the sign of a good side is winning when playing poorly"

We are the opposite of that , not winning when playing well.

Doesnt bode well. Up to GP to fix but seems to be going backwards now. The solution doesnt seem to be " just start playing well again" , its deeper and that with our defence.

He needs to install some steel into us. Make us more nasty , cynical and have the team fighting more.

It all just feels like a project at the moment rather than meaning to the manager and players what it means to us.

Big 2 games to show us that we are wrong to worry

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm currently happy on the in side of the fence.
I'm mindful of the fact I'll be vaulting (assuming it's very low) the fence after Arsenal.

There's clearly something wrong, but I still believe Potter can straighten it out.

I so hope he does. I'll be cheering him on to do so.

If the next few games don't go his way, then my meagre criticisms will be nothing compared to the binfest that will erupt on here.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I so hope he does. I'll be cheering him on to do so.

If the next few games don't go his way, then my meagre criticisms will be nothing compared to the binfest that will erupt on here.

At least then it'll be fully justified.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Out- hopelessly out of his depth.

Players appear to have lost faith in his constant tinkering and changes.

Get rid of Ashworth aswell. Clueless nobody who hasn’t had any success at club level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
After sleeping on it I've gone from fence to out.

My concern is that his tinkering with the match day squad and tactics is probably a reflection of what happens day to day in training and it's starting to impact the players.

I posted similar on a couple of other threads. The tinkering is a problem IMHO. So many players are in and out, it's no wonder when they lose form or confidence.

It's hokey cokey team selection.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Everton West Ham and Villa all sacked theirs all survived as well but bournemouth seemingly looking ok didnt so dont know what that proves.

Moyes replaced Pelligreni for 19 games last season and got 20 points, 1 point more than Pelligreni in 19 games. They also finished below us.
Villa did not sack Smith last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish l shared your optimism re the final sentence.

For all the pointers that prove 'GPott must be sacked' there's a similar number that suggest the team is in a false position.

They've all been rather lost today.
They might be gone for good by the end of the year.

But for me, for the moment, they're still clingonable.

I'm expecting a minimum of 4 points by Sunday afternoon.
I might just be able to accept a controversial 3.

Fingers crossed last night will be confined to the Everton away style loss that it is.

If it turns out to be the the first game the team decided to stop with the illusion and show it's only wearing a fur coat, we'll know before anyone has even thought about singing Auld Lang Syne.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He has my backing, I’m frustrated at the horrendous results but the recent games against Villa and Liverpool show we can compete. That said I’d like to see a different goalkeeper for a bit, I like Maty but I feel the defence has lost confidence in him.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
100% in. He is getting there. Needs more time. We are not Palace.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Definitely In
There is a correlation between emotionality and rationality. Maybe Potters lack of public displays of high emotionality means that he maybe a rational thinker.
A club's philosophy is not changed overnight, Alex Ferguson took ten years. A replacement manager is not going to produce the silk purse that supporters crave.
Producing good youth players and getting the best out of what we have is maybe all we have, unless we spend huge in the transfer market and on player wages.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He's lost the dressing room. The players look devoid of confidence and have lost faith in their manager & vice versa. And now the fans have lost faith in both.

Total nonsense, you have absolutely no knowledge that he's lost the dressing room at all and there are no leaks anywhere even slightly suggesting this and as the poll shows, not all fans have lost faith in Potter either.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
IN!!!!

I have had conversations with numerous Southampton fans who have told me they got lucky against us last Monday.

Yesterday we had a bad day against a very, very good team.

I might get a bit worried depending on what we do against Fulham and Sheff. Utd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here