[Albion] Has to be done - Potter In or Out?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter in or out

• Total voters

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In for the moment.

I thought we started well, but what worried me more was the way we seemed to throw in the towel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just put on another thread, the tinkering is killing us.

He doesn't know his best team, we never build momentum because he changes it even if we hit form.

Think he's losing the plot with his selections

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I like Potterball but something isn't right at present and for me tonight the selection was so wrong. Playing a team with pace we put out a team lacking in pace.
Potter got it wrong, Gross and Jahanbash are a luxury and against a team like Leicester were seriously exposed.
For these reasons I've gone fence. Yes CH was dull but we've forgotten the basics of defending across the whole pitch.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
This poll should really be posted after the Fulham and Blades games

I see that a lot on NSC are calling for Potter's head. I don't agree with that. With our budget we either stick with Potter or go back to Chris Hughton or Pullis or Big Sam and defend our way to survival. We have just lost to two teams in the top 4. I thought we were unlucky not to get something against Saints. I expected nothing tonight, we never do at Leicester.

I am going to say something slightly controversial.Mr Bloom. We have been in the top league 4 seasons now. Why not open the cheque book and buy a couple of strikers who can put the bloody ball in the net? . Players who would have put those 2 early stone wall chances away like any other Prem League side would have done. Oh and a decent goalkeeper and left back wouldn't hurt either. Success will breed success.

GP plays attractive football. We just need an upgrade in certain areas.

THIS in spades

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I’ve been firmly in the IN camp, especially when people were calling for him to go after the Southampton game. I couldn’t believe people would want him out. I would argue today was the first game where we got completely out played and there is no shame in that against Leicester, who put 5 past city.

The next 2 games are massive though! If we lose both of those I might be swayed into the OUT camp.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Boring binary opinion yet again from the king of snooze. Maybe, and it's a long shot for dullards like you to get your head round, but maybe someone else is out there that can get results with this team? But back to your lame excusing, no matter who we play, even when other teams get results against them and leave your sorry mug with an omelette on it. And top marks for the boring budget excuse though, not heard that one before....:yawn:

Come back with your suggestions for a realistic alternative whenever you are ready.

Maybe without the abuse, or are you going to wish covid on me too?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Fence though probably in haste. I think the issues are in the coaching but small tweaks could yet yield improvement

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I don't think he is up to this, and not sure he is up for this. It was a risky appointment that was unwinding in February; some good results in lockdown showed promise but as many others have said 5 wins is not enough, and not enough by some way.

We cant keep blaming refs; extolling great play that misses easy chances and concedes soft goals; excusing 'young' players. It just isn't good enough.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I'm staggered at the amount of backing Potter has received considering we've had ONE win at home in 2020, other managers we've had in the past have been hoisted on their own petard for a lot less.

I put this down to fans not actually watching or engaged in the games because they're only being shown on tv.

Because we're not actually at the game and getting to watch us miss chance after chance, concede soft goals or watch Potter doing close to sod-all on the touchline at close quarters, we aren't quite where we would be in our emotions had we actually been at the games.

This squad is lacking in top quality for sure, so are quite a few other teams, but they have alternative gameplans and are more savvy, more organised and more energised than what we're seeing from our team.

Potter won't change his ways or beliefs, just like Hughton wouldn't, we need a savvy manager who is wise and grizzled to get us going otherwise it might just be too late.

This - surely the acid test is whether a manager is getting the best from his squad, and I don't see that. Tinkering selections, players out of position, conceding from set pieces, absence of on pitch leaders are all managerial issues that suggest to me that he is not in control.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
After being firmly pro Potter I have finally decided to straddle the fence ... it's quite uncomfortable here but thought I would get a good spot before the stampede after the next two matches. :whistle:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Still in the Potter in camp. To all those who want rid of Potter, tell me someone who is guaranteed to change the results. Around this time last season Southampton were in a worst position then us, there fans wanted a change but the board carried on, look at them now.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just put on another thread, the tinkering is killing us.

He doesn't know his best team, we never build momentum because he changes it even if we hit form.

Think he's losing the plot with his selections

He seemed to be pretty clear on it earlier in the season

Ryan
Lamptey
White
Dunk
webster
March
Bissouma
Alzate
Lallana
Trossard
Maupay

Welbeck/Veltman/Gross have come into contention since then.
It will be interesting to see who starts on Wednesday

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
He seemed to be pretty clear on it earlier in the season

Ryan
Lamptey
White
Dunk
webster
March
Bissouma
Alzate
Lallana
Trossard
Maupay

Welbeck/Veltman/Gross have come into contention since then.
It will be interesting to see who starts on Wednesday

since when was Alzate a first pick? even before Veltman and Welbeck I agree with Billy he is constantly tinkering

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports