[Albion] Has to be done - Potter In or Out?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potter in or out

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Every week, we say 'beaten by the better team' or 'they're a top 6 team, what do you expect' or
'bad day at the office', move on. And then we moan at not putting away chances or a silly mistake.

Well, this season that would be fair comment as so far the only teams we've faced that weren't absolutely flying at the time (either in form or league position) have been Palace, Burnley and West Brom. Should have had more points from those games but not one of them beat us, or looked better than us.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Reluctantly it out from me ... now, before the Jan window opens,... urgent remedial action required.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
OUT if we want to stay up.

Regrettably he won’t turn this around. The guy had been given long enough.

1 win at home in 2020

5 wins this year.

Time for a change before it gets too late

This is me

Sep 15, 2013

1 win at home in 2020

5 wins this year.

.... anyone that voted IN clearly doesn’t mind us playing in the Championship next season.

Well I do!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Potter IN, he is working with one hand tied behind his back with financial restraints. NOBODY would do better whilst actually playing entertaining football, imo

Boring binary opinion yet again from the king of snooze. Maybe, and it's a long shot for dullards like you to get your head round, but maybe someone else is out there that can get results with this team? But back to your lame excusing, no matter who we play, even when other teams get results against them and leave your sorry mug with an omelette on it. And top marks for the boring budget excuse though, not heard that one before....:yawn:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Tactically outdone tonight by Rogers. The pressure is starting to mount on Potter.
We need four points from the next two or I fear we are in the sh@t. Going into the game against Fulham, they are very much on the up and we are on the downward slope. They'll be hugely motivated by the fact that they'll go above us with a win. Can Potter get that level of motivation and performance out of us?
Getting the team, tactics and attitude right for Wednesday is absolutely key, and that's what Potter and his team are paid for.
Other managers are starting to work us out and that's meaning that Potter has to think about creating more options regarding how we play. What is absolutely for sure is that he need to be harder to play against defensively. We look just too weak without the ball. We need to be more compact.
Less than four points in the next two puts Potters job in jeopardy. I hope he gets it right, but I'm not convinced. We've pretty much got out of the habit of winning, and it's a hard habit to break.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Boring binary opinion yet again from the king of snooze. Maybe, and it's a long shot for dullards like you to get your head round, but maybe someone else is out there that can get results with this team? But back to your lame excusing, no matter who we play, even when other teams get results against them and leave your sorry mug with an omelette on it. And top marks for the boring budget excuse though, not heard that one before....:yawn:

Name one

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

1 win at home in 2020

5 wins this year.

Bloom isn’t going to sack him, almost certainly not until we’re 2/3rds through the season and even then I doubt it.

So that is that. If you love the Albion you’ll hope you’re wrong. Simple as that really.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
We need a PL quality keeper. Once we have one who keeps us in a game we may start to grow in confidence up front. As things stand most opposition shots end up in the back of the net whilst the opposition keeper keeps the other team in the game. Ryan out, a quality keeper in in January to stop the rot

We need a championship quality keeper I hate to say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Pleasantly surprised at that poll result. On the Potter thread I’ve actually had pretty ****ish abuse for defending the job he’s done. To the point I haven’t even bother replying. And smarmy patronising bellends like THPP. To the point I’m done with even discussing it. But good to see many are keeping the faith. I notice most aren’t regular posters here who can look at things level headed & just seem to be letting their anger out at the normal posters.

Potter got it wrong tonight - he does that sometimes. That’s why he’s with us I guess. Wasn’t helped by some poor performing players though.

Had enough of NSC for a while unfortunately (not a flounce before some cockwomble says it) but too many negative mouthy bellends - I’m literally not sure what they want / realistically expect. Take care all the normal posters who can rationally debate things x

Sheebo it’s more than just ‘sometimes’ that he’s getting it wrong. He’s regularly picking a team that underperform and he is unable to make the right changes during a game.
I believe we have a squad that is greatly underperforming and I’m not sure the manager knows how to get the best out of them.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Not sure where we expect to be in this league. If 15 teams have a more expensive squad, then logic says they should pick up more points over a season.
Having said that, we had the Leicester miracle season and other examples of clubs punching above their weight.
I personally am not a fan of making whole sale changes every single game after a good or bad result. The team stays the same if they win and doesn't deserve to be dropped. IMO of course.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This poll should really be posted after the Fulham and Blades games

I see that a lot on NSC are calling for Potter's head. I don't agree with that. With our budget we either stick with Potter or go back to Chris Hughton or Pullis or Big Sam and defend our way to survival. We have just lost to two teams in the top 4. I thought we were unlucky not to get something against Saints. I expected nothing tonight, we never do at Leicester.

I am going to say something slightly controversial.Mr Bloom. We have been in the top league 4 seasons now. Why not open the cheque book and buy a couple of strikers who can put the bloody ball in the net? . Players who would have put those 2 early stone wall chances away like any other Prem League side would have done. Oh and a decent goalkeeper and left back wouldn't hurt either. Success will breed success.

GP plays attractive football. We just need an upgrade in certain areas.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
In.. and I am not overly worried yet.. tonight was poor, on many fronts inclduing from GP selection/tactics. Other games have been poor in parts, but generally outweighed by positives. Tonight was an example of the difference between mid-table or relegation fight - welbeck scores, we may have got a point or better. We may still have lost, but missing these opportunities against the top teams (table wise at least) will cost you. BUT, despite that, we look to have far more chance of scoring/picking up points in the way we play right (Tonight not withstanding). Additionally, we do have another way up our sleeve if we choose, and that is to sit in/defend - a little like we did towards the end of last season away from home. If our results don't change, although our last two games have been against in-form sides, I expect to see us dig in more to get the points we need.. It will be more painful to watch but is an option if circumstances get worse..

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I'm staggered at the amount of backing Potter has received considering we've had ONE win at home in 2020, other managers we've had in the past have been hoisted on their own petard for a lot less.

I put this down to fans not actually watching or engaged in the games because they're only being shown on tv.

Because we're not actually at the game and getting to watch us miss chance after chance, concede soft goals or watch Potter doing close to sod-all on the touchline at close quarters, we aren't quite where we would be in our emotions had we actually been at the games.

This squad is lacking in top quality for sure, so are quite a few other teams, but they have alternative gameplans and are more savvy, more organised and more energised than what we're seeing from our team.

Potter won't change his ways or beliefs, just like Hughton wouldn't, we need a savvy manager who is wise and grizzled to get us going otherwise it might just be too late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports