Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Murray played his last game for the Albion ?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We need another class striker, thats for sure. The rumour is we're signing Vincenzo Motta from some Serie B side. He's scored 42 goals this season.

Appears there is no player under that name after a quick search, and he certainly has'nt got 42 goals, and isnt even in the top scorers list :lolol:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Would like to see us sign Barnes. For a young player he plays 4-5-1 really well, makes good runs puts himself about and has an eye for goal. Plymouth are in a financial mess and would maybe be open to a sensible offer.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Poyet has slammed the player that got Murray sent off, sounds like Murray was mugged,Gus seems to think so.

Think he has had a go at the bloke that got Bennett booked, their left back, which was a disgrace

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The player that got murray sent off that poyet complained about, and the one that got bennett sent off was the same player.

Poyet blasts Rovers defender From The Argus)

Poyet blasts Rovers defender

6:42pm Saturday 24th April 2010
* By Brian Owen »

Gus Poyet blasted an opposing player after Albion beat Bristol Rovers 2-1 today.

The Albion boss felt Rovers left-back Jeff Hughes had too much to say for himself in a stormy encounter which saw Glenn Murray and Danny Coles sent-off.

Hughes was also involved in Elliott Bennett's yellow card just before Murray was shown a straight red.

Poyet said: "If he was a foreign player complaining to the referee it would be in every newspaper.

"If he was Uruguayan or Argentinian they would call him a cheat.

"I want to send a message to him. Be careful. You are supposed to be British.

"He is going down and complaining too easily. I thought it was the British mentality that you didn't do it.

"Mr Hughes, I'm very disappointed in you."

Poyet admitted he did not see the incident which led to Murray's dismissal but he praised the Ashley Barnes goal which put the Seagulls back on level terms.

The Albion chief added: "He has been so good for us it is going to be difficult not to play him over the last two games.

"He scored a goal from nothing."

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
the way I saw it was Hughes was their left back who got Bennett booked. Their centre back Jones (one that gave the penalty away aswell) was the one who Murray had a slap fest with

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
the way I saw it was Hughes was their left back who got Bennett booked. Their centre back Jones (one that gave the penalty away aswell) was the one who Murray had a slap fest with

I think it was more about the player complaining that encouraged the ref to send him off, or that is what gus assumes. At least, that's how I read the article.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think it was more about the player complaining that encouraged the ref to send him off, or that is what gus assumes. At least, that's how I read the article.

the sending off was straight away following talks between the ref and the lino no players involved. The yellow for Bennett was because their left back was rolling around and moaning only to get up straight away. The yellow is the one Poyet was talking about on the radio it wasn't the same player involved in both incidents

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Murray came on and with his first touch he controlled a ball that was over his shoulder. Hendrie, appreciating this skill, actually went over and patted him on the back. Murray has some premier league ability but a sunday league attitude at times. Gus must see this potential and it'll be his challenge (and Muzza's) to channel it in the right way.

Oh, and ps, he should have really smacked nob head.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I should first state that I'm a Murray fan. I'd much rather he stay with us than go elsewhere. However.......

I've noticed over the past few games especially that he's getting more and more involved in niggly situations off the ball, and more often than not he's the one starting it !
Gillingham recently saw him forcefully tap the ankles of one of their defenders as they were trotting back and then the handbags came out and as the players went in for half time the ref had to have words. This sort of thing keeps happening more and more lately and I wonder if it's Murray's frustration at having to battle for everything up top on his own in a 4-5-1 ?

Today, within minutes of coming on ( in a 4-4-2 I should add ) he gave the keeper a real good nudge as he trotted back while the keeper had the ball in his hands. All a bit unnecessary really and I'm afraid to say becoming all too typical of his attitude. When the red card was produced it didn't surprise me in the least. I didn't see the incident, even from the east stand, and when I saw the lino on the pitch with two of their players my first thought was that the two defenders had been fighting amongst themselves. The quick chat the ref had with the lino and the no hesitation red could only mean Murray had raised his hands to an opponents face. Again, no matter the provocation, all totally unnecessary from Murray. It's a shame.

I've had a strong feeling before today, as have many others, that he'll finally be off this summer. Today only makes that feeling stronger. My hope would be though that he stays and Poyet can channel that nasty edge Murray has into something much more positive.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Get rid, too many crap points to go with his good points averages him out somewhat, it's a shame because he could be so much better if he sorted his own attitude out, get a goalscorer in I say.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
its annoying, as he is obviously a class player with bags of ability. Even when he came on today he looked hungry and was playing well, then he seemingly did something stupid. I did not see the thing *ARSENEWENGER* but when the ref showed the red card, he didnt argue and ran straight off

He has booked 12 times and sent off once, I cant recall any of them being unlucky bookings/sendings off either

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
So much conjecture and rubbish on this thread its unbelievable. And why do people keep saying "get rid, get a new striker in"? Why do we have to sell Murray to sign another striker? I thought we had a bit of money...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Murray came on and with his first touch he controlled a ball that was over his shoulder. Hendrie, appreciating this skill, actually went over and patted him on the back. Murray has some premier league ability but a sunday league attitude at times. Gus must see this potential and it'll be his challenge (and Muzza's) to channel it in the right way.

Oh, and ps, he should have really smacked nob head.

This.
I should first state that I'm a Murray fan. I'd much rather he stay with us than go elsewhere. However.......

I've noticed over the past few games especially that he's getting more and more involved in niggly situations off the ball, and more often than not he's the one starting it !
Gillingham recently saw him forcefully tap the ankles of one of their defenders as they were trotting back and then the handbags came out and as the players went in for half time the ref had to have words. This sort of thing keeps happening more and more lately and I wonder if it's Murray's frustration at having to battle for everything up top on his own in a 4-5-1 ?

Today, within minutes of coming on ( in a 4-4-2 I should add ) he gave the keeper a real good nudge as he trotted back while the keeper had the ball in his hands. All a bit unnecessary really and I'm afraid to say becoming all too typical of his attitude. When the red card was produced it didn't surprise me in the least. I didn't see the incident, even from the east stand, and when I saw the lino on the pitch with two of their players my first thought was that the two defenders had been fighting amongst themselves. The quick chat the ref had with the lino and the no hesitation red could only mean Murray had raised his hands to an opponents face. Again, no matter the provocation, all totally unnecessary from Murray. It's a shame.

I've had a strong feeling before today, as have many others, that he'll finally be off this summer. Today only makes that feeling stronger. My hope would be though that he stays and Poyet can channel that nasty edge Murray has into something much more positive.

And this.

A quality player on his day, but with an attitude to go with it, sadly.
Needs to get his head straight if he's going to be a 20+ goals a season player at this level, which is not that unlikely with the ability he clearly has.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
This.

And this.

A quality player on his day, but with an attitude to go with it, sadly.
Needs to get his head straight if he's going to be a 20+ goals a season player at this level, which is not that unlikely with the ability he clearly has.

Do we need him to be though? 15-20 goals from him next season, alongside a 20+ striker, would be what I would be hoping for next season....

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Do we need him to be though? 15-20 goals from him next season, alongside a 20+ striker, would be what I would be hoping for next season....

I don't think signing a 20+ goal a season man is quite as easy as some would like to believe.

However, turning Murray into that man I don't think should be too difficult, given the amount of stupid suspensions that could be easily avoided.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't think signing a 20+ goal a season man is quite as easy as some would like to believe.

However, turning Murray into that man I don't think should be too difficult, given the amount of stupid suspensions that could be easily avoided.

You're RIGHT :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just seen it on the tele - cant see much of it but clearly the guy had a right handful of Murrays shirt and couldn't really see the reaction - handbags maybe - hard to tell...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Disappointing today. Have to wonder when he will learn? Being paid as a professional should demand professional behaviour.

I posted a while ago that if we got a decent offer for Murray we would sell him and I hold by that view

I hope you're right Mr S. The guy has ability but the brains of a small stuffed toy. Needs to get in his coricle & paddle off to whippet-land imo. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here