Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Graham Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is pathetic from Potter and Chelsea, glad someone took him whilst his stock was high. Grass isn't always greener, but it looks like they've done us a massive favour.

He was holding us back, we were underachieving under Potter.
£87m quid combined for the backstabbing unloyal, overrated pair. Should have stayed put.

Didn't this team spend like 250 million quid in the summer? Oh what, you have some injuries, like every other club. Stop making excuses. This is bad coaching.
Nobody does schadenfreude like us Brits eh? Wouldn't happen in Germany 😀

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Fishing what?

Both statements are entirely true:
- Nothing indicates Brighton attacking more with RDZ than GP. Scored more goals in GPs last 11 league games than in RDZs first 11
- It is very easy getting cocky when you beat Championship opponents as a PL team

Anyone can cherry pick stats to fit an agenda. I'm not going to get into it with you.
Why don't you go bore Chelsea, or have you already made yourself look like a clueless bellend to the-shed-end @SwedishEntity?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
anyone beginning to think it was Brighton making Potter look good:)
Yes, actually I do. Potter said so himself when he was here. BHA are about the owner and the set up. Those two factors deliver the players to the coach. In Potter and now RDZ we had/have top quality coaches able to make best use of those resources.

Anyway, GP is rattled….

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Of course he does. He is another well-documented brain damaged fella who doesn't understand context.
Would suggest he’s played a better level than your good self, and has a better understanding of the game (unless Newcastle are involved and then he’s blinded - a little like you with GP)

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I get the genuine feeling that the player's aren't prepared to try the Potter way.
If he's lost the dressing room he's on a hiding to nothing.
You don't become a bad manager over night but I can't see this working out for Potter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Took a little finding, all the way back here on 07.12.22.

Did Dahl ever write the poem 'When'?

So many if's so little time but -

If we start Pt II well.
If they don't.
If we get to the 4th round.
If they don't.

My vow to be done with all things Potter and Chelsea having "got it out of my system" will be a lie.

If Chelsea keep giving I'm gonna keep on taking

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would suggest he’s played a better level than your good self, and has a better understanding of the game (unless Newcastle are involved and then he’s blinded - a littleness you with GP)
He did indeed. I remember also remember how his great knowledge of the game carried his Newcastle to relegation.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Anyone can cherry pick stats to fit an agenda. I'm not going to get into it with you.
Why don't you go bore Chelsea, or have you already made yourself look like a clueless bellend to the-shed-end @SwedishEntity?
I don't spend much time there as I don't have as much in common with Chelsea fans that most people in here do

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
But in the league, RdZ’s Brighton gave the City first team a much stronger test than this pathetic display…..

Knocking it round nicely with precisely no threat…… to quote the commentator.
What was that similar very funny quote by I think a Guardian commentator when Potter hadn’t won in 9 for us either? Took the piss about our knocking sideways all the time, then up to the final 3rd, and then back again etc. people forget, but we were highly DULL for considerable runs of matches under Potter. He got a pass (pun intended) by the media because he was at our club. Chelsea fans went mental after he lost 1 in his first 8 or 9 I think it was. Which now looks amazing. Because they really are bad. Not individually. But no team spirit. Fight. All look like they’re on their phones to their agents the minute the half time whistle goes. Graham, Ben and Bruno…what have you done?! Meanwhile down at the Amex… :)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He did indeed. I remember also remember how his great knowledge of the game carried his Newcastle to relegation.
Though he took them over when they were really struggling to be fair. Still got them to the last game with a chance, I believe.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's one of the many question marks regarding Potter's decision to go to Chelsea. Presumably Boehly span him the first story, but why did Potter swallow it when Boehly had just spent nearly £300m - the largest sum ever spent by any team in Europe in a summer transfer window. And they're splashing the cash again already.

Potter was moaning the other day that the likes of Guardiola and Klopp had dodgy first seasons, and their fans were patient. True! But Guardiola and Klopp had already won the biggest prizes in football with the likes of Barcelona, Bayern and Dortmund. Plus, Man City and Liverpool had clear journeys that the fans understood. Added to which Chelsea fans are well known for being (mainly) a bunch of entitled pr*cks. If Potter doesn't understand these things then he is an idiot. He almost certainly DOES understand them, but the pressure he's currently under means he's beginning to spout some real rubbish.
Pep and Klopp lost 6 PL games all season in their first full seasons, Potter has lost 4 of his last 6.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I actually haven’t watched Chelsea before today (other than live at the Amex), they’re awful aren’t they?
They're not as good as awful. Really stunk the place out against Forest. But, you know, they've got a lot of injuries. No other team gets injuries.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But in the league, RdZ’s Brighton gave the City first team a much stronger test than this pathetic display…..

Knocking it round nicely with precisely no threat…… to quote the commentator.
Definitely. The stronger team you have, the more likely you are to give them a good test.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What was that similar very funny quote by I think a Guardian commentator when Potter hadn’t won in 9 for us either? Took the piss about our knocking sideways all the time, then up to the final 3rd, and then back again etc. people forget, but we were highly DULL for considerable runs of matches under Potter. He got a pass (pun intended) by the media because he was at our club. Chelsea fans went mental after he lost 1 in his first 8 or 9 I think it was. Which now looks amazing. Because they really are bad. Not individually. But no team spirit. Fight. All look like they’re on their phones to their agents the minute the half time whistle goes. Graham, Ben and Bruno…what have you done?! Meanwhile down at the Amex… :)
Sad for Ben and Bruno…… (they look really miserable).

Is it fair to to say the 4-1 slaughtering, burst their bubble a little 😂😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here