Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hardest School in Brighton

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I attended Moulsecoomb School 69-73 and look at me now-------a put upon Plumber still waiting to get 'RICH'
I remember Falmer lads coming down the Lewes road to confront us one afternoon outside the gates.
I was more interested in playing footie in the playground to be honest.
I did have some hard mates in my five years there tho---the Mack brothers were personal friends----only coz I made em laugh:eek:
Peter Clements, a lovely bloke really, used to piss on me in the showers-----I new this coz the showers were usually LUKE warm until he got in them:ohmy:
I think you are getting Falmer mixed up with Westlain coming to confront you. Stanmer and Moulsecoomb were very friendly because we all lived in the same streets around the schools. Stanmer and Westlain merged around 1975.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I went to Moulsecoomb from 1971 - 76
We used to have grief with Whitehawk as well, a mate and myself had to go there once for a boxing weigh in after school and got suitably duffed up.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I believe so.
Last time I saw him he refereed us out Goring way.
25years ago:ohmy:

Same bloke, he is/was a ref, I haven't seen him for ages but I used to work with him.
Some people said he was a proper hard case when he was younger but I always got on very well with him, very funny too.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
I left in 1981 so this happened after my time, I know Falmer had plenty of lads that could fight during the late 70s early 80s, and I'm glad they didn't pay us a visit, but also because I had a good few mates at Falmer at the time, I think about 50% of the boys from my year at junior school went to Falmer.

Why do you think no one gives a shit about your stories? This is the thread for it if you have any more! ???
Multi millionaire? Are you talking about yourself here?

BN9 BHA - I've been very fortunate. Falmer was a conveyor belt of certain academic failure (including me) but I took away A levels in self preservation and self belief. I consider myself a lottery winner because I swapped the Scoombe life 30 years ago for a charmed life many miles away. It wouldn't be cricket to go into details.....but I've managed to align 3 Cherry's in a Row a few times now and I'm working on another.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was in the same year as Dutton. Called him a c--t once and unsurprisingly got a DM up the backside as i tried to get away. Actually he wasn't too bad, there was a far nastier person in the same year by the name of Gibbon.

You were in the year below me: everyone knew Gus from his fearsome reputation but you've just reminded me of Gibbon. I just about recall him - he did have a bit of a nasty rep.

I know someone who got a job there washing up in their canteen. They were the biggest slags going.

I remember playing bridge against Roedean. The game finished around about 10.15 and one of the girls then suggested that we stayed around there for a bit. Needless to say that we declined their offer and headed for the nearest pub - ah, the innocence of youth.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
You were in the year below me: everyone knew Gus from his fearsome reputation but you've just reminded me of Gibbon. I just about recall him - he did have a bit of a nasty rep.

I remember playing bridge against Roedean. The game finished around about 10.15 and one of the girls then suggested that we stayed around there for a bit. Needless to say that we declined their offer and headed for the nearest pub - ah, the innocence of youth.

I also played Bridge against Roedean. Would've been 75 and 76. BH&S Grammar

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I also played Bridge against Roedean. Would've been 75 and 76. BH&S Grammar

Were you there when we had the scrap against Newman and one of their nuns, trying to break it up, got a brick in the head?

I was at BH&S 74-8, so it was during that period.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Same bloke, he is/was a ref, I haven't seen him for ages but I used to work with him.
Some people said he was a proper hard case when he was younger but I always got on very well with him, very funny too.

if he is still a ref then ill probably be able to get a contact detail for him if you want it. not sure why you would to be honest but the offers there :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
if he is still a ref then ill probably be able to get a contact detail for him if you want it. not sure why you would to be honest but the offers there :thumbsup:

Thank you for the offer I could find him if I needed to but I don't, we were work mates as said above rather than good friends.
Thanks again.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
BN9 BHA - I've been very fortunate. Falmer was a conveyor belt of certain academic failure (including me) but I took away A levels in self preservation and self belief. I consider myself a lottery winner because I swapped the Scoombe life 30 years ago for a charmed life many miles away. It wouldn't be cricket to go into details.....but I've managed to align 3 Cherry's in a Row a few times now and I'm working on another.

I'm glad you are doing well for yourself, I keep playing life's fruit machine but keep getting a cherry and two lemons!! :rolleyes:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Remember the names. It was Raoul wasn't it? Were you in the year with Paul Herring, Julian Bennett, Paul Grimshaw, Mike Cornwell, Barry Solomon, etc.? Can'tremember many of them.

I went to Varndean so I was in the same year but different school. I worked with Paul Grimshaw at the Alliance though. so I did know him

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Falmer was an amalgamation of 2 schools in 1974, Stanmer secondary, and Westlain Grammar, i went to Westlain, and left the year they joined to make what is now Falmer, having witnessed the goings on i can tell you Stanmer was pretty rough.In answer to your question i would say that yes, it's Falmer by a mile.
I went to Westlain too and we joined with Stanmer as I started my second year - always remember coming back on the first day of that second year and Stanmer lads all tooled up and waiting on the bank by the access road to pick off any of us grammar school boys - being 12 years old we cut across the football pitches to avoid any aggro! Then at lunchtime whilst me and my mates were in the library the Stanmer yobs rampaged round the playing fields looking for Westlainers to attack!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here