Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hardest School in Brighton

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Indeed. 29 years since I left school . Paul Dunk, Paul Martin, Michael O'Farrell, Jason Meade, Adrian Tasker, just a few of the boys in my year. Remember a fight between Michael O'Farrell and Paul Dykes ( my memory has gone, not sure if it was Patcham or Falmer that Mr Dykes represented )in 83 at Stanley Deason lower. For two 14 year olds they were big boys and didn't hold back. Believe it was all equal at the end.

If it's the PD I knew then he went to Falmer.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I attended Moulsecoomb School 69-73 and look at me now-------a put upon Plumber still waiting to get 'RICH'
I remember Falmer lads coming down the Lewes road to confront us one afternoon outside the gates.
I was more interested in playing footie in the playground to be honest.
I did have some hard mates in my five years there tho---the Mack brothers were personal friends----only coz I made em laugh:eek:
Peter Clements, a lovely bloke really, used to piss on me in the showers-----I new this coz the showers were usually LUKE warm until he got in them:ohmy:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I remember playing Newman in a football match for Oathall, must have been about 4 years ago now, think it was a year 11 match. Anyway they beat us 7-1 after we took a 1 goal lead and there was a crowd of about 100 odd on the touchline giving us verbals the whole time, was never going to boil over into anything more than that as we were so crap. The crowd all dispersed with about 5 minutes or so to go, and when we got back to our minibus every single door handle, both wing mirrors and windscreens were covered in phlegm :lolol: Also had to stop halfway on the journey back as it appeared some kid had tried to slash our tyres too. Was very bizarre considering it was only second round of county cup and there was no history between the teams.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
So did Fawcett....knocked down in 1990. Probably agree with Rowdey....just behind deason and Falmer but ahead of Stringer,Longhill and Varndean!!

Without a doubt. Fawcett was way ahead. Probably could've Matched falmer and deason

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
St Christopher's school was pretty hard when I was young.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Dave Woolgar was my best mate, we did everything together back in the day......anyone have any idea what ever became of him?? quite a few years ago I did start a thread on here asking if anyone knew of him or where he was etc, if anyone does please do let me know, that's assuming we are talking about the same Dave Woolgar? surely we must be :shrug:

EDIT: I went to Fawcett and Whitehawk.
Dave is a season ticket holder in the North Stand.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Indeed. 29 years since I left school . Paul Dunk, Paul Martin, Michael O'Farrell, Jason Meade, Adrian Tasker, just a few of the boys in my year. Remember a fight between Michael O'Farrell and Paul Dykes ( my memory has gone, not sure if it was Patcham or Falmer that Mr Dykes represented )in 83 at Stanley Deason lower. For two 14 year olds they were big boys and didn't hold back. Believe it was all equal at the end.

All those names jog memories. Same year and yeah, I remember that fight between Faz and dykes. I played in the same football team as a few of them for about 10 years! There were some big lads during that era. Tommy Aldridge was another big name.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Sorry, but we (Falmer 5th Form) certainly did have an away day at Fawcett in 83. We enjoyed collecting ties as trophies until the plod showed up and we scattered around the industrial estate below the school. Memory foggy but I'm sure we took 40-50 young men that day. Falmer was bonkers during my stay. A daily ritual of muggings and a gauntlet of hell for those not from Scoombe. I lived 1 house into Higher Bevendean so I got a pass. Lyons, Clark's, Dawes families were utter terrorists who ran the place. I managed to survive with 5 useless GCEs. Funny old world when you can come from such beginnings to become a multi millionaire. I'd write a book about it if anyone gave a shit which they clearly don't.
I went to falmer and remember all the people you've mentioned but never once was I terrorised or mugged. Yes they were hard nuts but never felt threatened by them.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I attended Moulsecoomb School 69-73 and look at me now-------a put upon Plumber still waiting to get 'RICH'
I remember Falmer lads coming down the Lewes road to confront us one afternoon outside the gates.
I was more interested in playing footie in the playground to be honest.
I did have some hard mates in my five years there tho---the Mack brothers were personal friends----only coz I made em laugh:eek:
Peter Clements, a lovely bloke really, used to piss on me in the showers-----I new this coz the showers were usually LUKE warm until he got in them:ohmy:

Is this the same Peter Clements who is also a Plumber? This is not a joke about the showers!!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
are we counting st georges in this - the glaring omission so far.....

Though didn't/doesn't st George's also cater for the schoolphobics? That would make it both the hardest and wettest.
Also they poached all the best talent from other schools so thats cheating.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Moulsecoombe Seniors in the 70's always fighting with Stanmer and Westlain, I remember a mass brawl between all 3 in the Wild Park, Police with dogs had to break it up and confiscated bike chains, hammers, rounders bats etc.:eek:
I went to Stanmer 69-74 and I can`t remember this happening. Loads of Stanmer guys lived in Moulsecoomb, it was always very friendly between these schools. I remember talk of Hollingdean boys wanting to take Stanmer on so a meet was arranged in Bevendean one night. We heard that it was way past their curfew and they couldn`t make it. Westlain on the other hand were always picked on by Stanmer and Moulsecoomb, they always had to run the gauntlet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here