Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hardest School in Brighton

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
I went to Neville in the 70's.. we had a snowball fight with Hove Grammar once..

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Most of these so called 'hard schools' named earlier in this thread, wouldn't have touched the 70's/80's version of Boundstone in Lancing, that place was a microcosm of Beruit of the same era...... carnage.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
You're going to have to give me a similar clue..............
Ok Hangleton middle school 1980-84 hove park class t 84-86 left then came back to hove park in 88 ....went to games with you,Colin and even Abdul lol in 88 .....first name A surname N

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
I still go to school, well I left newman year 11 last week. and I can safely say there aren't any real 'hard' schools. sure some have some nutcases that you could probably avoid but you theres no proper rivalries or frequent fights between schools. every one has some kids who think they're all that but would never actually do anything. if I had to pick one for the hardest now I would probably say blatch or hove park but still a group would have to have just one fight to make it onto the list.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Dont mess with Thackers ive seen the man obliterate a plastic chair in 0.2 seconds and have time to give his missus a why didnt you tell me look on the way down .

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I was pleased to see Varndean still giving Stringer a kicking in the snowball fights.

I go back to when there was Varndean Boys (now a college or summat) and Varndean Girls - prob mid-70s. Having vanquished the Stringer in time-honoured tradition, about a dozen of us thought it would be a laugh to go start a snowball fight with the girl's school....and duly got the shit kicked out of us! Happy days.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sorry, but we (Falmer 5th Form) certainly did have an away day at Fawcett in 83. We enjoyed collecting ties as trophies until the plod showed up and we scattered around the industrial estate below the school. Memory foggy but I'm sure we took 40-50 young men that day. Falmer was bonkers during my stay. A daily ritual of muggings and a gauntlet of hell for those not from Scoombe. I lived 1 house into Higher Bevendean so I got a pass. Lyons, Clark's, Dawes families were utter terrorists who ran the place. I managed to survive with 5 useless GCEs. Funny old world when you can come from such beginnings to become a multi millionaire. I'd write a book about it if anyone gave a shit which they clearly don't.

I left in 1981 so this happened after my time, I know Falmer had plenty of lads that could fight during the late 70s early 80s, and I'm glad they didn't pay us a visit, but also because I had a good few mates at Falmer at the time, I think about 50% of the boys from my year at junior school went to Falmer.

Why do you think no one gives a shit about your stories? This is the thread for it if you have any more! ???
Multi millionaire? Are you talking about yourself here?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Most of these so called 'hard schools' named earlier in this thread, wouldn't have touched the 70's/80's version of Boundstone in Lancing, that place was a microcosm of Beruit of the same era...... carnage.

I think anyone that went to Fawcett, Falmer , Stanley Deason and Stringer would disagree, I know Lancing has always had some nutters but back then a school from a small town up against lads from Whitehawk, Moulscoombe, Hollingbury and Central Brighton, I think Boundstone would have come unstuck.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think anyone that went to Fawcett, Falmer , Stanley Deason and Stringer would disagree, I know Lancing has always had some nutters but back then a school from a small town up against lads from Whitehawk, Moulscoombe, Hollingbury and Central Brighton, I think Boundstone would have come unstuck.
No, especially back then it was a den of thieves of all shapes and sizes. Dont forget the Brighton loonys were divided between the various schools,.... every nutter in Lancing and Sompting went to Boundstone, and there were plenty believe me. The pubs in Lancing in the 80's tell you exactly what it was like at Boundstone in the years before that, You wouldn't take the proverbial in any of the Monk, Farmers, Maytree, Joyful Whippet or Crabtree...... Lancing isnt a small place.

I guess it isnt a competition though.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No, especially back then it was a den of thieves of all shapes and sizes. Dont forget the Brighton loonys were divided between the various schools,.... every nutter in Lancing and Sompting went to Boundstone, and there were plenty believe me. The pubs in Lancing in the 80's tell you exactly what it was like at Boundstone in the years before that, You wouldn't take the proverbial in any of the Monk, Farmers, Maytree, Joyful Whippet or Crabtree...... Lancing isnt a small place.

I guess it isnt a competition though.

My Mum has lived in Sompting since 1986 so I know the area and the pubs did have a reputation back then, but as you say it's not a competition but the catchment area for Fawcett was pretty big with plenty of lads from Central Brighton as well as the estates attending.
As for Falmer, I grew up not a million miles from Moulscoombe and believe me think of Tower Road Lancing and times it by 20.
Sompting, sorry no comment!! :lolol:

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I must know you. Same year as me haha.
I could name a few names from those days and very recently met up with a few for the first time since leaving school.
Where the fook does the time go eh?

Indeed. 29 years since I left school . Paul Dunk, Paul Martin, Michael O'Farrell, Jason Meade, Adrian Tasker, just a few of the boys in my year. Remember a fight between Michael O'Farrell and Paul Dykes ( my memory has gone, not sure if it was Patcham or Falmer that Mr Dykes represented )in 83 at Stanley Deason lower. For two 14 year olds they were big boys and didn't hold back. Believe it was all equal at the end.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Brighton College. Easily the hardest!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
tideway and falmer are down the order, thats a fact.
being a former longhillian, i would say newman are quite big.

I take it your talking about today about falmer. It's a much smaller school these days. It's an academy I believe these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here