Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Had time to reflect on today's game

oldpopsider

Aug 6, 2011
Old popsider , I'm sure you will reflect on the contents of your post tomorrow and realise it lacks any respect.
I disagree that Dunk on reflection should have gone for this one tackle but perhaps may have gone for a series of clumsy tackles that would eventually have resulted in a red card. On that basis we should have lost a player too.

I do agree that the physical side of Brighton's game at times was nothing less than over the top and the referee was their 12th. man. It happens to all teams on these occasions.
However they have won the game and to call all Brighton fans 'arseholes' is at best churlish and at worst spiteful.

Either side could have won that game today and the state of the pitch (soaked) made clumsy tackles look downright dangerous. We should have won the game but if you come out with a negative attitude in the 2nd. half you probably deserve to lose , shame it was in that way and losing those players.
:blush:

Read it again, I said Brighton PLAYERS not fans.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Dunk tackle was no worse than Naylor's, ridiculous to say otherwise. We won the game because we went for it at the end when Donny were down to 10. Draw would have been a fair result. Its not our fault all the Donny players were getting injured, just unlucky. I wish them well for the season ahead, thought they played the game in the right way.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Why are you even entertaining this f***ing northern monkey? f*** him and the horse he rode in on

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Unfair analysis I think. Thought your side played very good football and certainly derserved the half time lead and a draw overall. Our subs changed the game and you had desperately bad luck with injuries. Sorry you're so angry. I genuinely hope you have a good season.

Agreed. They were all over us in the first half, especially as we appeared to have left our shooting boots in the dressing room. Noone changed the game, and the upping of our tempo made all the difference after the break.

There were a lot of meaty challenges, and Donny impressed me - this league is going to be a toughie - with their passing and solidity. I didn't see anything premeditated, apart from Dicker's tackle in the first half for which he should have been booked.

Obviously the OP is too young to remember 1997, the Donny players' banner, the Fans Utd 2: like it or not, there is a bit of a bond between us. Shame such recent history counts for nought in the hands of such a lop-sided view-point.

PS. I bloody LOVED Uridium, what a game!!!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
"not a nasty player" "no way would he have intended to hurt Sharp". Come on, that challenge was intended to put Billy out of the game, maybe not to the severity of being strechered off but still wanted our star man out of the way. Your players couldn't cope with him in the first half, be fair about that at least.

And to Slinky, yes I am bitter and every right to be so. LuaLua is no choirboy and puts himself about, I suspect that's the reason why he's at your club. He knows all the tricks of a Premiership player and tried a few on today - especially that outrageous dive for a penalty.

It will be interesting to see at the end of this season just how many red cards BHAFC have picked up. Quite a few I suspect.

f*** off you bitter old ****. Your mob were far dirtier, any prick with eyes could see that!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Old popsider , I'm sure you will reflect on the contents of your post tomorrow and realise it lacks any respect.
I disagree that Dunk on reflection should have gone for this one tackle but perhaps may have gone for a series of clumsy tackles that would eventually have resulted in a red card. On that basis we should have lost a player too.

I do agree that the physical side of Brighton's game at times was nothing less than over the top and the referee was their 12th. man. It happens to all teams on these occasions.
However they have won the game and to call all Brighton fans 'arseholes' is at best churlish and at worst spiteful.

Either side could have won that game today and the state of the pitch (soaked) made clumsy tackles look downright dangerous. We should have won the game but if you come out with a negative attitude in the 2nd. half you probably deserve to lose , shame it was in that way and losing those players.
:blush:

Thor, your pre match posts have been good to read and have made a lot of sense, but this is just absolute tripe. "The ref was our 12th man", are you f***ing blind? The man was a joke, the occasion was obviously far too big for him, he should be sacked immediately, but he was certainly on your side. There was only one team that deserved to win that game and it wasn't you. You EDGED the first half, scoring 1 of 2 chances, we pissed all over you 2nd half, should have finished 5-2 in my eyes. "Deserved to lose", how f***ing bitter! Goodbye.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
All the Donny fans I chatted to were very stoical about the game, including the fact their main man had picked up a potentially serious injury. Certainly didn't hold any grudge.

Obviously, on the internet one persons views get assumed to be that of the rest. IMO, the OP view is wrong, and I think the rest of Donny fans would agree that their was no malice. 4 pages, stop giving this one misguided fan so much airtime.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
and come to the conclusion that Lewis Dunk deserved a straight red for the very bad tackle on Billy Sharp. Dunk showed no signs of going for the ball, just looked to be going straight in to put Billy out of the game, which he did do with seemingly disastrous consequences for the rest of our barely born new season.

Lots of hard but fair tackles went in from both sides but some, again from both sides, were borderline dangerous.

The referee was not fit to referee a Sunday morning amateur game let alone a Championship game.

Rovers left Brighton tonight with two seemingly serious injuries that will definitely affect the season's prospects for us.

Thanks for nothing Brighton and Hove Albion Football club's players. Arseholes. I truly hope your season ends in tatters and you go back down the pan.

The majority of pundits, fans and assorted harbingers of doom and gloom have us for relegation this season, I don't think we will go down but if we do I'll take much pleasure in seeing Brighton and Hove Albion's name on the papers going down with us.

Poyet played thuggishly when he was playing and it seems that he wants his squad to play that way too. I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like it at the moment.

The best thing about today was seeing your nice bright shiny new stadium. It's nice and I hope you're very happy there.

Who three players booked ? Clearly clogging is part of your team's 'style'. Perhaps a visit to League One will adjust this approach.

and come to the conclusion that Lewis Dunk deserved a straight red for the very bad tackle on Billy Sharp. Dunk showed no signs of going for the ball, just looked to be going straight in to put Billy out of the game, which he did do with seemingly disastrous consequences for the rest of our barely born new season.

Lots of hard but fair tackles went in from both sides but some, again from both sides, were borderline dangerous.

The referee was not fit to referee a Sunday morning amateur game let alone a Championship game.
:lolol::lolol:

Rovers left Brighton tonight with two seemingly serious injuries that will definitely affect the season's prospects for us.

Thanks for nothing Brighton and Hove Albion Football club's players. Arseholes. I truly hope your season ends in tatters and you go back down the pan.

The majority of pundits, fans and assorted harbingers of doom and gloom have us for relegation this season, I don't think we will go down but if we do I'll take much pleasure in seeing Brighton and Hove Albion's name on the papers going down with us.

Poyet played thuggishly when he was playing and it seems that he wants his squad to play that way too. I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't seem like it at the moment.

The best thing about today was seeing your nice bright shiny new stadium. It's nice and I hope you're very happy there.
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Look, the game was marred by some poorly timed tackles. The two on Barnes and Lua Lua were bad tackles, Dunk's also wasn't a good tackle but I'd like to think that all were mistimed. From watching the FLS, I find it very difficult to views Dunk's as anything other that a hard tackle.

Based on Gus' reaction to Lua Lua's injury last year, there is simply no way he would tell our players to go out and do over your players.

Neither team is a dirty team and none or Dunk, Coppinger or the Donny LB are particularly dirty players.

Personally, I thought Donny were excellent yesterday and they lost their way after Sharp's injury and I honestly do feel for him and wish hiim a speedy recovery. As for Hayter's injury, he got it going for a volley and hitting Calderon in the face. No Blame there at all.

I have nothing against Donny or their fans and players. One bad-tempered match cannot erase the history between the clubs and I hope their injury list improves.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I stand by what I said about Dunk. Sorry but I think it won't be long before he's the first one in the bath at some game in the future. He's got to learn to control the way he tackles and tackle properly - not foolishly like he did today. I haven't seen the game on tv so haven't got the benefit of that wonderful thing called hindsight.

Hmmm. You haven't got the benefit of knowing what actually happened.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

lol......2-1,2-1,2-1,2-1......

thoreveraviking

Jul 29, 2011
Republic of Yorkshire
http://www.cyberspacesoup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/see_you_trolling.jpg

Honestly don't be so silly, you're quite clearly wound up and trying to wind us up in turn. It wasn't a terrible challenge it was just a mistimed one and if anything I think it was the fall not the challenge that hurt Sharp so much. How, if you're not trollin' can you ignore the shocking tackle on Barnes? I got this text from a Norwich supporting mate during the highlights.

"How did half of these Doncaster players not get sent off?"

That was DONCASTER, not BRIGHTON, it's sad to see such an angry person because tbh before the hour mark I thought you were the better team, but oh well, 3 points, cheers.

I'm not buying that on the basis of some highlights, so we should have 5 players sent of ........care to elaborate which one's .
If you are going to exaggerate and make things up please at least keep your exaggerations semi-believeable eh ? Which highlights did you watch btw ? :annoyed:

Bless you.. it's called banter??
Yes.. I know the empty seats were in Donny end hence my initial post, + my dig about 'the right size' comes on the back of knowing you have already applied for planning for an extension.
Now that is a bit weird.. why not just build it the right size in the first place?

Planning permission. Pure and simple.

so suffice to say we are not rivals anymore.. we have Pompey to get silly about and you have Palace.

Good luck

You never were rivals. Look how many Saints threads there have been since June but if you no longer regard us as rivals - why are you here trying to engage Brighton fans in banter?

DaveTurner

Jul 17, 2011
Very poor performances from all match officials (it was the 4th that got Gus sent off) is what caused trouble yesterday. Yes Gus was a bit over-the-top but this was a unique and emotional day. If the Ref used basic common sense and issued a few finger wagging lectures instead of cards we could have avoided a lot of the negative threads today. Doncaster played well . . . The Albion played better . . . but the day was the best day of our football lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here