Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Haaland

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm sure RDZ will instill some Italian defensive tactics when we play Citeh.
A cross between the finesse of Maldini and the blood and guts of Baresi.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep. Back in 2018, when he was at his peak, Eden Hazard.

He scored 2 in Chelsea's 0-4 win. IMO the best performance of any player at the Amex.

For me it’s a toss up between that performance and Couthinho’s for Liverpool the day he scored the daisy cutter under the wall from a free kick. Both performances were mind boggling

https://youtu.be/TU69QCf1pFs

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Since our rise to the PL, I've treated a visit to any Albion game like I did when we were in div 3. I've always gone to watch us no matter who we were playing and couldn't really care less who is in the oppositions side whether it be Christiano Ronaldo or Grant Hanley.

That said, I've never looked forward to seeing a player in the flesh more than Haaland - he appears to be a freak visually and statistically - and I've never looked forward more to seeing how Dunk, Veltman and Webster try and keep him quiet even though it is 3 games away.

2 questions

1. Is it just me? I appreciate Haaland at City is bad for the game and all that but still. I've never seen anything like it
2. Has anyone ever gone to the Amex or an away game and been genuinely excited about seeing an opposition player?

I’m not sure if excited was the word but I was intrigued at the prospect of seeing a few players in opposition over the years. The ones that stick in the mind were John Wark, Trevor Francis, Eric Gates and Ian Rush. They all turned out to be pretty good in their own way.

As for your first question, he is known as RoboStriker in our house, almost a different species to other footballers. Amazing player, just too good.

Absolute monster.
He's got nearly 20 goals in all comps already and it's not even Halloween for another 3 weeks ffs.
He's got pace, finishing, power, strength, size, vision, instincts, composure, heading ability- it's like you took the best attributes from forwards of the last 20 years, put them in a blender and he was the result. .

To put it in context he's got more league goals (127) than Phil Foden has league appearances (105). Oh, and Haaland's younger.

He has scored 1% of the goals Man City's PL and CL history.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
He's a new age person. The next stage of Homosapien. His Father was a great footballer and his Mother was a gymnast. His DNA is as good as you can get. He was apparently great at every sport he touched when a youngster and especially golf but his love was football.
Sometimes I hate the week to week freak show circus of being in the Premier League but one positive is that we get to see the best players in the world

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For me it’s a toss up between that performance and Couthinho’s for Liverpool the day he scored the daisy cutter under the wall from a free kick. Both performances were mind boggling

https://youtu.be/TU69QCf1pFs

I thought It was Eden for best individual performance and Liverpool for best team at the Amex.

I'd love to be able to still say that in a month's time :wink:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
He's a new age person. The next stage of Homosapien. His Father was a great footballer and his Mother was a gymnast. His DNA is as good as you can get. He was apparently great at every sport he touched when a youngster and especially golf but his love was football.
Sometimes I hate the week to week freak show circus of being in the Premier League but one positive is that we get to see the best players in the world

The Ivan Drago of the premier league! We just need our Rocky when we play them:)

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012

She was apparently a heptathlete, which probably makes more sense!

Jul 7, 2003
Absolute monster.
He's got nearly 20 goals in all comps already and it's not even Halloween for another 3 weeks ffs.
He's got pace, finishing, power, strength, size, vision, instincts, composure, heading ability- it's like you took the best attributes from forwards of the last 20 years, put them in a blender and he was the result. .

There doesn't appear to be a weakness in his game - unlike Ronaldo in his prime where he was always seen as an individual, Haaland also comes across as a team player.

Our only chance is to try and stop the supply to him.

If I was an Albion centre back, I'd turn up for the trip up to Manchester claiming a bad back, tight hamstring or some other minor ailment that meant I didn't have to try and mark him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There doesn't appear to be a weakness in his game - unlike Ronaldo in his prime where he was always seen as an individual, Haaland also comes across as a team player.

If I was an Albion centre back, I'd turn up for the trip up to Manchester claiming a bad back, tight hamstring or some other minor ailment that meant I didn't have to try and mark him.

Need to neutralise Ginger Kev then. Good luck with that

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
When you see him it's quite easy to understand why the vikings were able to rampage through our fair land for centuries. Hopefully he won't be at City as long as his forebears were beserking through old Albion.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Trouble is if you try and neutralise the threat of Haaland you just create areas for their other World class players to exploit, you go back to trying to deal with them as well and that when Haaland sneaks in and gets his hatrick. The man is a footballing phenomenon , already in my opinion as good as Messi, Ronaldo or any other player you care to mention at their peak and will surpass them easily at this rate.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

But if Dunk marks him out of the game (ie stops him scoring) he will be able to tell Southgate to put that in his pipe and smoke it.

Rovert_Fugazi

RovertFugazi
Feb 15, 2010
Since our rise to the PL, I've treated a visit to any Albion game like I did when we were in div 3. I've always gone to watch us no matter who we were playing and couldn't really care less who is in the oppositions side whether it be Christiano Ronaldo or Grant Hanley.

That said, I've never looked forward to seeing a player in the flesh more than Haaland - he appears to be a freak visually and statistically - and I've never looked forward more to seeing how Dunk, Veltman and Webster try and keep him quiet even though it is 3 games away.

2 questions

1. Is it just me? I appreciate Haaland at City is bad for the game and all that but still. I've never seen anything like it
2. Has anyone ever gone to the Amex or an away game and been genuinely excited about seeing an opposition player?

This.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
74F307A6-9A46-4B6F-A49E-71841D1F4DE5.jpeg

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
For all his undoubted goal scoring ability, I am absolutely sick and tired of the relentless love-in in all the media, and seeing his ugly mug it seems like everywhere! Probably just me though...???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
For all his undoubted goal scoring ability, I am absolutely sick and tired of the relentless love-in in all the media, and seeing his ugly mug it seems like everywhere! Probably just me though...???

Agree... he is Norwegian, ffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here