Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Haaland

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Since our rise to the PL, I've treated a visit to any Albion game like I did when we were in div 3. I've always gone to watch us no matter who we were playing and couldn't really care less who is in the oppositions side whether it be Christiano Ronaldo or Grant Hanley.

That said, I've never looked forward to seeing a player in the flesh more than Haaland - he appears to be a freak visually and statistically - and I've never looked forward more to seeing how Dunk, Veltman and Webster try and keep him quiet even though it is 3 games away.

2 questions

1. Is it just me? I appreciate Haaland at City is bad for the game and all that but still. I've never seen anything like it
2. Has anyone ever gone to the Amex or an away game and been genuinely excited about seeing an opposition player?

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm in the same boat. Genuinely intrigued and looking forward to seeing Haaland. He is a joy to watch. He's an absolute animal, a complete machine. He seems on the way to breaking every record in the game. I'm also interested to see how our defence try and cope!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
What I do know is that prior to our Citeh match on the 22nd Oct, the conversation will not be about stopping him scoring a goal, it will be about how we stop him from scoring a hat-trick. That is unprecedented.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s probably the best out and out ‘number 9’ I’ve ever seen. He’s astoundingly good and scoring goals and is a beast. I’ll no doubt enjoy seeing him as I do KDB / Suarez / Ronaldo etc etc over the years but still hope he takes a battering and loses. Of course that’s unlikely innit :lol:

If he gets sent off after 1 min I’ll also be delighted :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's a very special player and a sign of the PL taking over - a few years ago he would have gone to Real or Barca.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:ohmy:Having seen how Mitrovic bullies us at will, I am somewhat nervous about what Haaland might do

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The best player in the world playing in England for a change ,wonderful to see . Enjoy it no doubt he'll join one of the big 2 next season for more than Mbappe is on at PSG and 300million price tag.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m not sure if excited was the word but I was intrigued at the prospect of seeing a few players in opposition over the years. The ones that stick in the mind were John Wark, Trevor Francis, Eric Gates and Ian Rush. They all turned out to be pretty good in their own way.

As for your first question, he is known as RoboStriker in our house, almost a different species to other footballers. Amazing player, just too good.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Some discuss how to best defend against him, I think they have it the wrongly round. They need to (somehow) stop his supply rather than hoping to stop him when he gets/touches the ball. i.e. he can't do his brilliance if he doesn't get the ball...

Easier said than done against City of course :D

Lets hope he has a little niggle and has to miss our game :D

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Its what its all about ain't it? Its part of why being in the top flight matters. The world's best on our turf.

I'll be fukken bricking it mind.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
2. Has anyone ever gone to the Amex or an away game and been genuinely excited about seeing an opposition player?

Not the Amex, but was quite a lot of anticipation going to see MacDougall and Boyer at the Goldstone! Same with Bannister and Warboys too ............. but that didn't end so well!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I looked forward to seeing John Aldridge for Tranmere. Scored a hat trick against us at the Goldstone on I think the opening day of a season in the early 90s. I went to Middlesbrough v Nottingham Forest specifically to see Trevor Francis. It was 0-0.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
He's having a slow day at the office today. Only two goals at half time. Gotta be feeling disappointed by that.

Eventually teams will work out how to counter him, right? Or failing that maybe somebody will take one for for the team (or the whole Premier League) and go fully Roy Keane on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here