Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus sees him every day in training...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That means nothing at all. I could name a list of players as long as your arm, of players who were equally as good as Poyet but couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery.This season is Poyet's acid test, he has had his honeymoon period. He has got an entire squad of players that HE has bought into the club, no one else. The buck stops with him, end of story. Let the season begin..............

I might not be so blunt but I pretty well agree.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
But you have had it in for gus from day 1, u never have a good thing to say about him.

Maybe just maybe our apparent star striker just couldnt make the step up.
Where did you get that from you twat. I used to have plenty of good thingsd to say about Gus

Poyet was the lord to me this time last season. But as the season went on, he proved he is incapable of changing things and only has a plan a.

Hopefully he'll proved me wrong at Hull today. We'll know in 30 minutes when the teams are in.

I started having a heavy downer on Poyet around March last year, so dont put shit like I've had it in for him from day one, when i clearly haven't, you silly little boy.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That means nothing at all. I could name a list of players as long as your arm, of players who were equally as good as Poyet but couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery.This season is Poyet's acid test, he has had his honeymoon period. He has got an entire squad of players that HE has bought into the club, no one else. The buck stops with him, end of story. Let the season begin..............

That is a frank but fair summing up of the season about to unfold IMHO. Will be fascinating to see if it builds on the success of last season or ends in the mother of all flounces. Could go either way really. Bring it ON!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Can I just say, this argument - used so so casually by members of our North Stand Chat community as a way to back our fine manager - really riles me.

Yes, Gus may 'see him every day in training', but since when did training count for anything, win a match... what counts is Saturday 3pm when said player is in front of thousands of supporters, really counts.

And this notion that Gus sees things that others cannot see is simply ridiculous - Gus is managing a second tier English football team, look back at the 100s of other managers who have done the same and more. Yes, he must have a very fine football brain, but that offers little credit to other supports who too have watched the game for years. And in fact, sometimes the most obvious observations, which are often too obvious to appear to warrant serious consideration (poor touch, lack of pace etc), are the most telling.

I think Gus is a cracking manager, but he is human, has an opinion and can be wrong - as I think he has been with his fairly crude statements about letting Vincelot and Sparrow go.

You alright Will?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here