Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully's Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Gully Girls are great. Love the one who always does a high kick and the splits in front of WSL at half time. She makes so many smile.

That routine would be improved if she left her underwear in the changing room and applied a liberal dose of hair removal cream between her legs the day before. Just my personal taste however. Others may disagree.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Exactly, thats the thing the winds me up. They do lots of great work in the community, and they've always helped me with the charity stuff I've been doing. They are even helping me with my next charity project this year :smile:

They are a whole lot more than just a pretty face, and fair play to them all

I never knew you did charity work, you've never mentioned it before.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think they are shit to be honest, and most of them aren't even attractive. Some are even fat. I don't buy any of this bollocks about it being great entertainment for kids and families, kids and families do not spend hundreds of pounds on season tickets to watch some second rate cheerleaders, they come to watch the football. It's only one step above goal music.

Having them or that annoying fanzone thing with Richard Reynolds shouting as loud ad he can does not make the slightest bit I difference to ticket sales or whether kids want to come or not. I'd rather we got rid of all of it and let the atmosphere develop pre kick off by itself.

Ahhhh, I think someone's tired, and needs to take a trip to sleepy-bye-bye-land.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think they are shit to be honest, and most of them aren't even attractive. Some are even fat. I don't buy any of this bollocks about it being great entertainment for kids and families, kids and families do not spend hundreds of pounds on season tickets to watch some second rate cheerleaders, they come to watch the football. It's only one step above goal music.

This is a great post. Up until this point, this thread was going nowhere. Post this post, shit hits the fan. Twitter-verse, demands for a full apology, retractions. It's given me a chuckle today anyway!

I can only imagine what would happen if Richard managed to locate you pre-match and try to interview you live regarding your comments. All the girls could crowd behind him glowering at you and cutting you really dirty looks. There would be pantomime boo's, you'd be the infamous Gully Girl Hater from the North Stand....boooooooooo!!!!!

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
Just sticking up for my friends after seeing them slagged off on here :smile:

the-inbetweeners-football-friend-womens-t-shirt-38452-p.png

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
We dont sit behind the home dug out we sit behind the away dug out... we used to sit in east stand but because we perform at half time, we didnt have enough time to get back round to west into the changing rooms to get changed into our kit (we wear it underneth sometimes to make it quicker) to then warm up to then go back out and to perform at half time to then go back into west back into the changing room to put warm clothes on and back into our seats.... apart from the last 2 games the girls have sat their and frozen so yes they have to go in and put as many layers on as possible and considering they have been there since 9am that morning rehearsing the least i can do is give them all hot chocolates to try and keep them warm while they watch the game. I think us only missing the first 10 minutes of each half is record time for a girl to get changed!!!! And considering we are all Brighton fans too we wouldnt want to miss anymore of it and when we were in the east stand we only got to see about 20 mins each half! As i always say the girls do it for free so a hot choc and a seat is the least i can offer for them.

If you dont like us dont watch, if you do then thanks for supporting. If you like us or not dont forget at the end of the day we are here for the same reason you are.. THE CLUB!

Hear Hear.

Plus this does not mention all the great work they do in the community which only helps the club and the causes which they help give their time to.

Nothing is too much trouble for them and i have massive gratitude to them for posing with my little girl at the Spurs friendly, her first game, picture framed in her room, now hooked on the Albion. Thats the way forward!

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
I think the seats comment is a little bit unfair...

- Given where all the changing rooms etc are (in the West) then West Stand seats are what they'll need otherwise they'll spend a lot of time working their way around the stadium.
- The club very possibly didn't want fans directly behind Gus et al, where there could be risk of confrontation when things aren't going well.
- After they've finished their set, they will need to cool down and get changed etc. It's not realistic to be in there seats as the players re-emerge for the 2nd half.

They are good seats though.

They have seemed to work their way from the East to the West as the season has progressed.

My father in law won 2 tix for the Hull game as he was highest place Albion fan in the Texaco dream team and they had Gully's Girls printed as the seat holder on them (i felt a bit overdressed doing the routine in their place!!!)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Jo, the vocal minority will never be pleased. Gus Poyet won us League 1 with style and class, and still people don't like him. But the vast overwhelming majority do, and it's the same with the Gully's Girls. For every 1 fan who doesn't like you, there are a hundred (probably more), who do. I'm not defending the objectors, but the way I see it, you're in the same position as the players and actors in films, or in a play or whatever else, when you showcase your talent and what you actually want to do, there are going to be people who moan and criticise. That's life, but out of 20,000 people at the Amex, you are overwhelmingly in favour. :

Wise words mate, wise words :thumbsup:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ahhhh, I think someone's tired, and needs to take a trip to sleepy-bye-bye-land.

Oh come on that was early this morning and I've apologised unreservedly. Don't hold it against me.

This is a great post. Up until this point, this thread was going nowhere. Post this post, shit hits the fan. Twitter-verse, demands for a full apology, retractions. It's given me a chuckle today anyway!

I can only imagine what would happen if Richard managed to locate you pre-match and try to interview you live regarding your comments. All the girls could crowd behind him glowering at you and cutting you really dirty looks. There would be pantomime boo's, you'd be the infamous Gully Girl Hater from the North Stand....boooooooooo!!!!!

Ha ha that made me laugh. I'd be happy to do the interview, I reckon I could turn it around, we all know that women love a bastard after all. They'd be queuing up, I reckon.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Having them or that annoying fanzone thing with Richard Reynolds shouting as loud ad he can does not make the slightest bit I difference to ticket sales or whether kids want to come or not. I'd rather we got rid of all of it and let the atmosphere develop pre kick off by itself.

Shock! Horror! Some of them are even fat! f*** me! It's not like you'd even know that people come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

If you don't like them, then stay on the concourse with your beer whilst they are doing their thing. Same goes for that long haired twerp Richie whateverhisnameis.

I could live without them, but it's not ruining my football, so chill out.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Shock! Horror! Some of them are even fat! f*** me! It's not like you'd even know that people come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

If you don't like them, then stay on the concourse with your beer whilst they are doing their thing. Same goes for that long haired twerp Richie whateverhisnameis.

You skipped the 7 pages of similar posts and [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION]s apology then?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Easy.. he apologised about 10 times and the last time being 2 posts up from yours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here