Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully's Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may sound creepy to you but it is how your bought up and i stick by my guns in that i would not verbally abuse girls and they way they look, people who do are just insecure in there own life.

Ps just keep one eye on your post count as people who stay on the net all day worry me more than someone who sticks up for girls.

You pompous arse. Get over yourself.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Having cheerleaders makes football clubs look a bit tin pot IMHO :moo:
Nothing like as much as playing a tinny Depeche Mode track as goal music. #noddy #Bolton

As for the girls, you do a good job but have a f***ing word. Going ape shit on twitter is lame. Commander retracted his initial ill advised comment ages ago, quite humbly. Give him a break FFS. Same goes to the handful of sanctimoneous dicks on this thread.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It is often said that NSC is like a conversation in a pub. The simile holds true i think. And you'd expect bloke in the pub talking about football at the Amex to make reference to Gullys Girls. You'd also expect some of the comments to be robust. Some will find some of the comments offensive. It's not right and in this case not warranted but it is completely to be expected. GGs are young women who know they will draw comment simply by the fact that they are drawing attention to themselves. I completely support their right to get the hump and defend themselves. What I don't get is why so many people seem surprised. Have you never seen a spat blow up in a pub?

PS I do resent it when people quote NSC as if it is an entity eg "NSC has upset Gullys Girls". No it hasn't. That's the same as saying "the Lamb & Flag has upset Gullys Girls" when a couple of scroats in the pub have been uncomplimentary.

Sent from my field radio

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It may sound creepy to you but it is how your bought up and i stick by my guns in that i would not verbally abuse girls and they way they look, people who do are just insecure in there own life.

Ps just keep one eye on your post count as people who stay on the net all day worry me more than someone who sticks up for girls.

But putting yourself in the public eye and then complaining when a few people criticise you is utterly pointless and a waste of energy. It's the same with posting on here; you're up for public and very strong scrutiny so if you do not like that maybe this forum is not for you. I often get criticism for my posts but this is the way public arenas operate; it's the real world. Gully's Girls need the tools to operate in a very critical and competitive world not your blind defence.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
There's a reason why players don't come on here. I'm not sure Gullys Girls should either. If actors don't want to hear criticism then they don't read the reviews.

and all get criticised by people who haven't got a fraction of the talent and skill of the people they criticise.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and all get criticised by people who haven't got a fraction of the talent and skill of the people they criticise.

Speak for yourself, I can still bust a few killer moves.....when my back is not playing up.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
It is often said that NSC is like a conversation in a pub. The simile holds true i think. And you'd expect bloke in the pub talking about football at the Amex to make reference to Gullys Girls. You'd also expect some of the comments to be robust. Some will find some of the comments offensive. It's not right and in this case not warranted but it is completely to be expected. GGs are young women who know they will draw comment simply by the fact that they are drawing attention to themselves. I completely support their right to get the hump and defend themselves. What I don't get is why so many people seem surprised. Have you never seen a spat blow up in a pub?

PS I do resent it when people quote NSC as if it is an entity eg "NSC has upset Gullys Girls". No it hasn't. That's the same as saying "the Lamb & Flag has upset Gullys Girls" when a couple of scroats in the pub have been uncomplimentary.

Sent from my field radio

Would you (or 99% of the posters on NSC) express the "opinion in the pub~" if that pub included the cheerleaders within earshot?
No, you probably wouldn't - (and especially not if she was in a group of her friends that included other blokes).
The players are paid quite well to be able to read a little bit of stick on a chat site, if they were bothered to have a look at it. I wouldn't feel so bad for them, if someone says "oh Ron Tagwort played shit against Leeds. Why do we bother with that talentless lump?" they have to know that they are on a stage that doesnt make them exempt from criticism.

(note- if Ron Tagwort reads this, nothing personal son)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Time to draw a line under this, I think, as it's just going to run and run and I don't think that's going to help matters too much. After Ferret-gate many years ago, when I became the 'owner' of NSC I vowed that no debate surrounding the Albion would be censored on NSC, for better or for worse - and that still holds true today. As such, I feel awkwardly placed when I'm aware that some of the girls may be getting upset about comments on NSC. The internet is a big scary place, and it can be difficult to be thick-skinned about more personal comments that are posted.

Whether you're a fan or not, it's difficult to dispute the massive amount of effort put in by GG for little reward all in the name of the Albion - they are fantastic ambassadors of the club we all hold dear.

There is another debate - possibly where this one was intended to head - about the whole modern matchday 'experience'. By all means kick another discussion off about that if you so desire.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That was a difficult post to write, BTW - it felt like trying to write a Jerry Springer closing monologue.

"Take care of yourself, and each other."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here