Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter tells Brighton fans: Stop shouting 'shoot'... it's putting off our players

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Meh. Way to make a story out of a minor point.

He doesn't criticise people shouting shoot. It's clear he understands why that happens. He is just explaining how the players are encouraged to create the best possible chance to score rather than shooting (from what the player feels is a worse position) for the sake of keeping people happy. If anything it's clear he is acknowledging the frustration of fans but he's trying to explain why the players are not just shooting for the sake of it.

However, football fans are precious so let's all get upset about it.

The funny thing is I really don't think we are precious at all compared to many Europe teams and quite a few English teams as well. I remember Gascoigne being interviewed on football Italia when he played for Lazio and they had lost 2 or 3 games on the bounce and over 3000 fans turn up at the training ground throwing bricks and anything else they could lay there hands on at their own players as they drove out after training. I can't believe any professional could really be influenced by our crowd, Alexis played for Boca Juniors at La Bombonera and that really is a cauldron of fire, again often with their own fans wanting a players blood who they think has underperformed. Often literally. Gpott and the players have it relatively easy compared with some. And no I don't want him sacked. And no I don't want us fans attacking our players but just to put it into a global football context.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The funny thing is I really don't think we are precious at all compared to many Europe teams and quite a few English teams as well. I remember Gascoigne being interviewed on football Italia when he played for Lazio and they had lost 2 or 3 games on the bounce and over 3000 fans turn up at the training ground throwing bricks and anything else they could lay there hands on at their own players as they drove out after training. I can't believe any professional could really be influenced by our crowd, Alexis played for Boca Juniors at La Bombonera and that really is a cauldron of fire, again often with their own fans wanting a players blood who they think has underperformed. Often literally. Gpott and the players have it relatively easy compared with some. And no I don't want him sacked. And no I don't want us fans attacking our players but just to put it into a global football context.

Indeed

https://onefootball.com/en/news/mar...-a-grenade-after-defeat-in-argentina-23772815

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Indeed. Just like the poor run in 2019 wasnt all CHs fault. Only very primitive and unintelligent people believe that any success or failure of a group is down to one man.

You haven’t got a clue mate.

Anyone who went to PL games under CH knows we had exactly one way of playing and we were massively reliant on Murray’s goals. The club knew they had to act.

Come back when you know what you’re talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why not? The fans at the Amex have been absolutely shit for most of this season. The worst atmosphere in the league.

It's amazing how many of our fans are happy to sit on their hands in silence, making no effort to lift the team, and then get all precious about an off the cuff comment from the manager that should barely even register as a slight against them.

It's not like he's saying "The fans are so quiet, they're not helping the situation at all, if they would just give us some backing it might help improve our chances", is it? Which is probably what he wants to say, as it is absolutely true.

Football fans are so weird sometimes.

I’m going to call out 1901 section of the West Stand, where I was at the weekend. Terrible atmosphere, nobody joining in songs or chants despite overlooking the very vocal Police Box NSK below to the left.

Now before anyone starts, this part of 1901 does have a lot of Withdean and Goldstone fans. Properly loyal people that bleed blue and white. It’s not all prawn sandwiches. But seems everyone’s forgotten how to participate and be part of a crowd. Preferring to sit, watch and occasionally groan or clap depending on the pass. But I was literally the only one singing or joining in.

The feedback is therefore: (north) West Stand 1901 section - DO YOUR BIT! :)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If anyone has a list of players home addresses I’ll happily pop round and shout it through their letter boxes, you know, to normalise it

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
No it isn't. Victoria died in 1901. Sgt Pepper was 66 years later in 1967. 1967 was 55 years ago.

Well that explains birthofanorange saying the 20 yr anniversary was in 1987.

I always thought it was 1960! (I wasn’t born until ‘78, but my bad)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This quote is clearly a clever dig related to the audience participation at the first team pantomime last year Xmas, I knew he wouldn’t let it lie.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You haven’t got a clue mate.

Anyone who went to PL games under CH knows we had exactly one way of playing and we were massively reliant on Murray’s goals. The club knew they had to act.

Come back when you know what you’re talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm back.

Seen enough games from that era to know that the main reason Brighton ended up with 36 points rather than 96 was that the club had worse players than most teams. Similar to now or any other season for that matter. You win as a team, you lose as a team. It is never the fault or achievement of one person.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
The seasons not finished yet though. Who knows what Tony will do, but personally I think unless the player recruitment improves we are at the level we are

Bloom has to step up and take responsibility. Everything that has happened I’m sure he signs off .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
I'm frustrated as well and want the POTTER to do well.

Corrected for you. Your only reason for wanting the team to do well is because you have a weird obsession with Potter. When Potter goes, you will also be gone, consigned to the history of NSC as that w@nker who came on here and annoyed people for a while.

Stop trying to give people on here history lessons. If you don't like people criticising your weird man crush then I'm sure there will be a moderator around who will happily cancel your account with immediate effect.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Corrected for you. Your only reason for wanting the team to do well is because you have a weird obsession with Potter. When Potter goes, you will also be gone, consigned to the history of NSC as that w@nker who came on here and annoyed people for a while.

Stop trying to give people on here history lessons. If you don't like people criticising your weird man crush then I'm sure there will be a moderator around who will happily cancel your account with immediate effect.

Nah it was correct to begin with. I want Brighton to do well. Society needs it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
B58391D6-1362-495E-A6EA-9D7799CFDE33.png

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This "argument" always makes me chuckle.

We have players on £30K A WEEK and upwards who are paid those ridiculous sums to perform and provide us, the fans, with entertainment. That is what we pay our hard earned cash for.

When we have a manager who seems incapable of giving us entertainment and performance it's the fans fault for not making enough noise.

You couldn't make it up.

And that, in a nutshell, is why the Amex atmosphere is crap. I genuinely think this attitude is completely different to clubs with decent home atmospheres.

“I expect to be entertained”.

Get the chip off your shoulder about the money, that’s the market, and no doubt you think Tony should ‘get his wallet out for a new striker’ too?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Some of the jealousy on this thread about the money players earn is embarrassing, it really is. I struggle to understand the chips on people’s shoulders about it.

If you’re that bitter and desperate to earn loads of money then make a load of sacrifices and put your life on hold for ten years, start your own business and become a millionaire. Presumably you’d also then never make a mistake or have a bad day at work because you’d be rich, and any time you do anything wrong everyone can destroy you for it because of how much money you earn.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Oh shut up Potter. Your home record is pathetic at best. How about you hold someone accountable for out complete ineptness in front of goal for 3 years. Your softly, softly approach isn't working. Try something different. Bloody boring.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Some of the jealousy on this thread about the money players earn is embarrassing, it really is. I struggle to understand the chips on people’s shoulders about it.

If you’re that bitter and desperate to earn loads of money then make a load of sacrifices and put your life on hold for ten years, start your own business and become a millionaire. Presumably you’d also then never make a mistake or have a bad day at work because you’d be rich, and any time you do anything wrong everyone can destroy you for it because of how much money you earn.

Or be good at football but an utter bellend and you could earn around a million in less than a year and *** off to Middlesboro when it gets a bit difficult.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here