Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter tells Brighton fans: Stop shouting 'shoot'... it's putting off our players

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well, nobody's praising him now. Except opposition managers who gladly accept the gift of facing his team.

Of course not. Then a sudden win somewhere and the 80% or so who are human windcocks will label him the next Dalai Lama. Its just how it works and just as true as the pile of shite people pretend him to be now.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Fair enough.

If the last paragraph is about the moderating of thread titles then I tend to disagree. The thread title was the same as the headline in a respected national broadsheet. When you dug into it people had called it out as bollocks in a couple of pages. There's an awful lot of clickbaity thread titles on NSC because anyone who starts a thread wants people to read it. We don't have time to edit every single one to our own interpretation of accuracy.

And Swansman did the same thing on a subsequent thread but was quite clearly making a point in his own unique way.

Yeah, ok. It’s easy for me to sit here and say what the Mods should and shouldn’t do.

It just winds me up when I hear the cheap, lazy and inaccurate reports and comments being amplified and believed, then repeated by anyone who wants to have a dig at Bloom, Maupay, Potter, Barber, etc

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Of course not. Then a sudden win somewhere and the 80% or so who are human windcocks will label him the next Dalai Lama. Its just how it works and just as true as the pile of shite people pretend him to be now.

In my defence, I think I've been pretty consistent on this issue for quite some time now!

Wonderful phrasing, by the way.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In my defence, I think I've been pretty consistent on this issue for quite some time now!

Wonderful phrasing, by the way.

Indeed. You have quite a weird outlook on football however, constantly overrating Brighton players... like when you said that CHs team was as good as the Leicester side that won the PL. No wonder someone who thinks Jahanbakhsh and Mahrez are on the same level thinks that GPs team should win the PL with 30 points or so, so while I dont agree with your takes, I can see how someone with your perspective thinks Brighton should do a lot better.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
And that, in a nutshell, is why the Amex atmosphere is crap. I genuinely think this attitude is completely different to clubs with decent home atmospheres.

“I expect to be entertained”.

Get the chip off your shoulder about the money, that’s the market, and no doubt you think Tony should ‘get his wallet out for a new striker’ too?

You are one of just a few that believes that the players are underperforming due to a lack of support / atmosphere. It's "the fans' fault". Of course it is. It's very nearly a chicken and egg scenario....except it isn't.

I am suggesting that those who are paid to provide entertainment and perform should be doing just that. Irrespective of whether the crowd are all singing along. If you paid to go and see a juggler and it turned out he couldn't juggle and kept dropping his balls then you aren't going to give him a standing ovation and book to see him again next month are you?

Of course I expect to be entertained. You are well weird if you are shelling out your hard earned and not expecting to be entertained.

You will now no doubt quote all my posts where I have said Mr Chairman should be getting his wallet out and pay stupid money for a striker. Good luck with that.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Indeed. You have quite a weird outlook on football however, constantly overrating Brighton players... like when you said that CHs team was as good as the Leicester side that won the PL. No wonder someone who thinks Jahanbakhsh and Mahrez are on the same level thinks that GPs team should win the PL with 30 points or so, so while I dont agree with your takes, I can see how someone with your perspective thinks Brighton should do a lot better.

Did I say that? That doesn't sound quite right to me, because I have never said Jahanbakhsh is as good as Mahrez and I don't believe this team is a Premier League winning side. I think you're wildly exaggerating my opinions.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You are one of just a few that believes that the players are underperforming due to a lack of support / atmosphere. It's "the fans' fault". Of course it is. It's very nearly a chicken and egg scenario....except it isn't.

I am suggesting that those who are paid to provide entertainment and perform should be doing just that. Irrespective of whether the crowd are all singing along. If you paid to go and see a juggler and it turned out he couldn't juggle and kept dropping his balls then you aren't going to give him a standing ovation and book to see him again next month are you?

Of course I expect to be entertained. You are well weird if you are shelling out your hard earned and not expecting to be entertained.

You will now no doubt quote all my posts where I have said Mr Chairman should be getting his wallet out and pay stupid money for a striker. Good luck with that.

No, I do not believe that at all. I'm saying that it would surely help the players when they are struggling, as they are at the moment, if the Amex was a cauldron of noise and encouragement. My point is that our fanbase (and to be completely honest, I think I include myself in this these days) has a different attitude about the role of fans in football to a lot of other clubs. Your juggler analogy is a perfect example- it's suggesting a culture of rewarding the juggler with praise for good performance, rather than encouraging the juggler to do well during a bad one. In many clubs, this is the reverse- the fans create an atmosphere that the players thrive in, rather than only get excited and reward them once they start doing well. The Amex is pretty much empty 5 minutes before kick off these days- it can't be very inspiring to the players. Imagine if it was full and rocking at 2:50pm. You can't tell me that wouldn't help the players, even if we're talking tiny margins.

And I don't think at any point in 30 + years of going to the Albion I have gone along to be entertained.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Leeds are always the example I use when this "we're shit fans" thing comes up.

They are, in my eyes, excellent home fans in terms of the noise they make up there. Noisy as f**k. Intimidating.

Leeds have the same amount of home wins this season as we do. And we're shit at home. Proper shit. With shit fans, apparently.

I love the noise. But it's for me. It makes me feel good and like I'm part of the action.

People can convince themselves that a constant wall of noise is what the players need. Personally, I think it's bollocks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Fck entertainment. I just want to see winning home goals.

We’ve never been a fanbase that have banged on like West Ham or Spuds fans about “playing the **** way”.

We don’t ask for much.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
No, I do not believe that at all. I'm saying that it would surely help the players when they are struggling, as they are at the moment, if the Amex was a cauldron of noise and encouragement. My point is that our fanbase (and to be completely honest, I think I include myself in this these days) has a different attitude about the role of fans in football to a lot of other clubs. Your juggler analogy is a perfect example- it's suggesting a culture of rewarding the juggler with praise for good performance, rather than encouraging the juggler to do well during a bad one. In many clubs, this is the reverse- the fans create an atmosphere that the players thrive in, rather than only get excited and reward them once they start doing well. The Amex is pretty much empty 5 minutes before kick off these days- it can't be very inspiring to the players. Imagine if it was full and rocking at 2:50pm. You can't tell me that wouldn't help the players, even if we're talking tiny margins.

And I don't think at any point in 30 + years of going to the Albion I have gone along to be entertained.

I dunno, I think most grounds are the same now.

Maybe an intial bit of noise at the start or after a goal

How many PL clubs grounds are different?

Palace, Leeds and Brentford?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Fck entertainment. I just want to see winning home goals.

We’ve never been a fanbase that have banged on like West Ham or Spuds fans about “playing the **** way”.

We don’t ask for much.

Look, we scored at the Amex against Chelsea for god sakes. The EUROPEAN and WORLD champions.

I know that was more than NINE hours ago in terms of football played since, but what do you want? Us to put FOUR past them? You ask the impossible and should be grateful for unrivalled number of shots we have instead. We are simply UNLUCKY!

The End.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Look, we scored at the Amex against Chelsea for god sakes. The EUROPEAN and WORLD champions.

I know that was more than NINE hours ago in terms of football played since, but what do you want? Us to put FOUR past them? You ask the impossible and should be grateful for unrivalled number of shots we have instead. We are simply UNLUCKY!

The End.

No, not end of:

- Padded seats to watch the losses.
- Inclusive travel pass to get to and from the losses.
- A pre losses dirge of “Put your hands up for the losers”.

Ungrateful supporters.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No, not end of:

- Padded seats to watch the losses.
- Inclusive travel pass to get to and from the losses.
- A pre losses dirge of “Put your hands up for the losers”.

Ungrateful supporters.

Good points well made. I also forgot the periodic fans forum, although I’ve never heard a satisfactory answer to whatever happened to the Cup final money.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
seriously, professional players... I think NOT Mr Potter...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1511318976118276102[/tweet]

We scored the same amount of goals as Bumley. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here