Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potter - ruthless

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really struggle to understand the laying into of Swansman. I remember feeling the same when Ben's Grandad (RIP) was a victim of it. When we had the thumbs down on here I think I remember him getting over 100 on one post, yet he became a much loved member of NSC.

This is a weird place, sometimes very caring sometimes really nasty

I find Swansman's posts worth reading as I did Ben's Grandads. I may not agree with them but they are nearly always worth clicking on

Well said.

There are some days I think [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] talks out the top of his hat, but he always expresses views and is a much valued member IMO. I would be very sorry if he stopped posting.

Incidentally, Ben’s Grandad knew his stuff as well.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
How did you make 'Swansman' into a link? When I put the @ sign in front of a user name, nothing happens.

It's pretty much the same process as when embedding a tweet, but using MENTION instead of TWEET and using the NSC member's user number instead of the numbers in a tweet's URL (yours is 12935 - I can see it by hovering over your name next to a post of yours (this: https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?12935-GT49er shows up in the bottom left of my screen, so I take the number from that.

**There may be a shorter way of doing this, but it's how I do it (and also why I don't do it often :)**

Open a square bracket, type the word MENTION, then the equals sign then the user number, then close square bracket (no spaces between any of that). i.e. [MENTION=12935]
After that, type what you want to appear as the link text (so either the user name of the person you're after, or something HILARIOUS) i.e. GT49er or OmsungphinemkII?
Then open a square bracket, type a forward slash then type the word MENTION, close square bracket (no spaces between any of that again) i.e. [/MENTION]

Here it is, but with added spaces so you can see it without it being automatically changed to the link: [MENTION = 12935]GT49er[/ MENTION ]

Here it is as a picture so you can see it without the spaces:

MENTION.jpg

Here is the final product:

[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION]
or
[MENTION=12935]OmsungphinemkII?[/MENTION] (this still tags you as it has your user number - the text showing as the link is irrelevant)

By all means, use me as a guinea pig to see if you can get it to work [MENTION=14054]EveryDaysASchoolDay[/MENTION]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's pretty much the same process as when embedding a tweet, but using MENTION instead of TWEET and using the NSC member's user number instead of the numbers in a tweet's URL (yours is 12935 - I can see it by hovering over your name next to a post of yours (this: https://www.northstandchat.com/member.php?12935-GT49er shows up in the bottom left of my screen, so I take the number from that.

**There may be a shorter way of doing this, but it's how I do it (and also why I don't do it often :)**

Open a square bracket, type the word MENTION, then the equals sign then the user number, then close square bracket (no spaces between any of that). i.e. [MENTION=12935]
After that, type what you want to appear as the link text (so either the user name of the person you're after, or something HILARIOUS) i.e. GT49er or OmsungphinemkII?
Then open a square bracket, type a forward slash then type the word MENTION, close square bracket (no spaces between any of that again) i.e. [/MENTION]

Here it is, but with added spaces so you can see it without it being automatically changed to the link: [MENTION = 12935]GT49er[/ MENTION ]

Here it is as a picture so you can see it without the spaces:

View attachment 151712

Here is the final product:

[MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION]
or
[MENTION=12935]OmsungphinemkII?[/MENTION] (this still tags you as it has your user number - the text showing as the link is irrelevant)

By all means, use me as a guinea pig to see if you can get it to work [MENTION=14054]EveryDaysASchoolDay[/MENTION]

[MENTION=14054]MJsGhost[/MENTION] - thank you very much (cracked it at third attempt!)

I think he will be getting a fair bit of stick on 29th. Followed by one of his patronising "I was disappointed with the attitude of the Brighton fans.." speeches.

More like" it is what it is". Most players get booed when returning to previous club, not all but most do and it won't be any different for managers too. The thing that is hard to take is the entire coaching team leaving within 24 hours of club giving Potter permission to talk. Not 1 of them thought about their possible choice of taking over as a number 1 which suggests that the money was too good to turn down even as back up staff at Chelsea. It could go horribly wrong for them all in terms of progressing if Chelsea go on a wretched run and their supporters will demand instant success. I wish them all good luck as that's the path they've chosen but not good luck if come 12 months time they've all been dismissed!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
More like" it is what it is". Most players get booed when returning to previous club, not all but most do and it won't be any different for managers too. The thing that is hard to take is the entire coaching team leaving within 24 hours of club giving Potter permission to talk. Not 1 of them thought about their possible choice of taking over as a number 1 which suggests that the money was too good to turn down even as back up staff at Chelsea. It could go horribly wrong for them all in terms of progressing if Chelsea go on a wretched run and their supporters will demand instant success. I wish them all good luck as that's the path they've chosen but not good luck if come 12 months time they've all been dismissed!

Wonder if the dug out tickets have been sold yet for this one?!

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Here's the thing. Facts may not be totally correct but never mind. When we lost 11 in a row or won 2 home games in 12 months and declared Potter should be sacked and responded to the deluded who that this was OK, I was deemed to be Palace.

The fact is I have been going since 1976 when most on here were not born. Now he has left is in the sh1t and not even given any gratitude he deserves all he gets.

I stand by everything I said in the past. You may think differently but I really don't care.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Here's the thing. Facts may not be totally correct but never mind. When we lost 11 in a row or won 2 home games in 12 months and declared Potter should be sacked and responded to the deluded who that this was OK, I was deemed to be Palace.

The fact is I have been going since 1976 when most on here were not born. Now he has left is in the sh1t and not even given any gratitude he deserves all he gets.

I stand by everything I said in the past. You may think differently but I really don't care.

I’m pretty darn sure MOST people on here were born before 76 :lolol:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

That's one of the things that struck me as well - just how quickly they all upped and left, seemingly without a second thought. Even Bruno FFS.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

You think most on here were born after 1976?

Edit - already brought to your attention and answered [emoji1303]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here