Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potter - ruthless

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Hardcore Chelsea-supporting mate (only missed two games, including all European matches home and away, since the mid-70s) told me on Weds morning that they already knew what was happening before the Zagreb match. Tuchel was out and Potter had been lined-up as his successor for a while.

This makes sense when you consider the speed of the exits. I reckon everyone knew and had already talked to their families etc. Which makes me wonder if Bloom also knew and had already been talking to potential replacements.

That makes an awful lot of sense to me. All those members of staff don’t just say “Right I’m off. Too good to turn down etc” without at least talking to their families. Yes it doesn’t necessarily mean moving house but in some ways it is worse in that they could face hostility from the locals. I would hope not and be very surprised if it happened but you never know these days.
What I mean is that number of staff would have needed time to make decisions. It wouldn’t have happened in a morning.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Seems so different from the dignified way in which CH went about his business, even after we sacked him rather brutally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here