Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Graeme Smith

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
YESS!
Although i love kuipers, Smith was under too much pressure and people judged him too quickly. Smith is better than Brezovan. FACT.

Huddersfield-5
Stockport-4
Orient-1
Hartlepool-3
Wycombe-4
Leeds-3
Norwich-4
Rushden-2
Charlton-2

Totalling 28 goals conceded in 9 games.

Yes, you're clearly right.
I seem to remember a thread of yours where you mentioned not going to a game for 2 years.
???

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Aren't you the bloke who always goes on about the 'FANS' having a go at the players?
Is it ok once they've left & they've got nothing to do with us then?

He clearly wasn't good enough for this league, and while he was here i did hope that he could turn it around and make the improvements needed however much of a long shot that was.

He didn't have to slag us off when he joined Hibs after being such a failure here. I thought fans were extremely patient with him when he was here (because we didn't want him to get worse which moaning and slagging off a player can do, which is extremely counter productive when playing for your club) and still had some supporters wishing him well even after his stats show he is the worst keeper we have ever had, and after the comments he made. I'm glad he's gone, it means we don't have to score 5 to stand a chance of winning :p

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Huddersfield-5
Stockport-4
Orient-1
Hartlepool-3
Wycombe-4
Leeds-3
Norwich-4
Rushden-2
Charlton-2

Totalling 28 goals conceded in 9 games.

Yes, you're clearly right.

Will you ever get over it? :cry:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
:lolol:
If we get relegated this season, no i will not.
He is shit. End of.

And he has gone.
I don't think Gordon Banks in his pomp could have got us many better results this season. Smith wasn't great but as a side we were awful.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Smith is better than Brezovan. FACT.

:wozza:

Yes he made a few quality saves, but made many more massive blunders. good luck to him, but i dont think he could cut it at this level.

Also, after his recent comments, hes clearly not very professional either.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
And he has gone.
I don't think Gordon Banks in his pomp could have got us many better results this season. Smith wasn't great but as a side we were awful.

I'm not going to dish out the statistics again, but Kuipers probably hasn't conceded as many goals as Smith did in those 9 games all season.
Obviously the back four didn't help, and not every goal was his fault, but he made some dreadful errors, and I'm sure everyone involved is happier now he is gone.

Last edited:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I'm not going to dish out the statistics again, but Kuipers probably hasn't conceded as many goals as Smith did in those 9 games all season.
Obviously the back four didn't help, and not every goal was his fault, but he made some dreadful errors, and I'm sure everyone involved is happier now he is gone.

Exactly.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
And he has gone.

Apart from his poor positioning sense, poor shot stopping ability, poor decision making, poor kicking (needed too many touches before clearing the ball) and poor organisation of his defense he was a good keeper.

We would have done just as well as if we had played with a youth team goalie instead if the bs about all the goals not being done to Smith is to be believed. Smith was a poor goalkeeper for us, there is no denying that.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Once again, Why does it still bother you?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until his dire performance at Norwich. I must admit that after Kuipers' awful performance against Oldham, I was one of those calling for him to be given a chance. I did not go to Huddersfield or see the goals from that game, and I only thought he was marginally to blame for one goal against Stockport, and thought he had no chance against Hartlepool. However, his positioning for Holt's goal was ghastly and the shot for the fourth goal was only just away from him. Whereas I thought Henderson was justified with the remarks he made after the treatment he received at Bournemouth, Smith's parting dig is utterly unjustified. And yes, I will admit that since Gus has come in, we have looked at our best when Michel has been in goal (Southampton and Torquay being the only games I have seen him in).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here