Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

good value - name and celebrate

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
following on from the rip off thread, what about posting some bargains or good value stuff?

Withdean Sportsman - £3.59 for a daytime carvery meal (£3.25 for kids), ok its not Michelin 5 star food but I took the wife and 2 kids there the other day, had a quick peek at the pitch to see how it was and then we all had a very large plate of hot fresh food and a drink all for under £19 which I didn't think was that bad.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I would like to "name and celebrate" Hailsham police for finding the bastard who sexually assulted my step daughter last week. Let's just hope they don't "accidently" give his address out.

A big :bowdown: to the OB, they've been superb.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
the thrifty Skoda diesel hire car I'm driving. Not even used half a tank since I've been back.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I would like to "name and celebrate" Hailsham police for finding the bastard who sexually assulted my step daughter last week. Let's just hope they don't "accidently" give his address out.

A big :bowdown: to the OB, they've been superb.

i echo the sentiment here for Shropshire police who were unbelievable during the whole trauma and tragedy of death of my daughter 3 years ago. the two guys leading the case where wonderful human beings i can tell you. if i were struggling with the events as they unravelled they would think nothing of driving down to give me support, anytime 24/7. they made it so i had daily updates, were just great. i will never forget them

D

Deleted User X18H

Ask restaurant in Ship Street.

They sometimes forget to give you the bill before you slowly get up to go. Happened twice now.

In polite society most people would ask (no pun intended) for the bill prior to vacating the restaurant.

That is the etiquette most would follow when dining.

They might think someone isn't full and requires more food and would therefore wait to be prompted to provide a bill.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Terre a Terre tapas. £35 for two with their tapas plate, chunky chips and half a litre of wine.
It's bloody nice too.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rounder Records. I always find something excellent in their vast bargain section.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here