Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

good value - name and celebrate

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Cote in London is ace, I always take customers to the Covent Garden one, decent good, I think its like 2 courses for £12, sorted!

Re: Interwok, Worthing, is it actually any good? Most of these buffet things are so oily and full of GSM, horrible. Much like Days in Brighton

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Taj Grocers' garlic, spices, fruit and vegetables.

Not the meat and dairy stuff, mind. :down:

The fruit and veg there really is shite. I must have gone back there 5 times thinking it must've been a one off, but the peppers, mushrroms, chillis etc are always dried out and the onions and and shalotts tend to be rotten in the middle. I've yet to find anywhere worse for fruit and veg. Their meaet is fantastic though, with a chicken breast at £1.50 and three times as big as one from the supermarket and the butcher is very helpful. One did you find wrong with their meat?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The fruit and veg there really is shite. I must have gone back there 5 times thinking it must've been a one off, but the peppers, mushrroms, chillis etc are always dried out and the onions and and shalotts tend to be rotten in the middle. I've yet to find anywhere worse for fruit and veg. Their meaet is fantastic though, with a chicken breast at £1.50 and three times as big as one from the supermarket and the butcher is very helpful. One did you find wrong with their meat?

I'm talking about the one in Old Steine. They don't have a meat counter there, so I can't comment on that, but the packaged stuff in their fridges is inferior to supermarket (Morrison's half a dozen doors up) or butchers' meat.

It looks like we're at the polar opposites here, because I have NEVER had any gammy fruit or veg from there, and their fruit especially is better and cheaper than supermarket fruit.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Take a trip back to the 70's at Poundland - Vesta Beef Curry - £1:thumbsup::drool:

Attachments

• Vesta Beef Curry.JPG
    Vesta Beef Curry.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 645

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I'm talking about the one in Old Steine. They don't have a meat counter there, so I can't comment on that, but the packaged stuff in their fridges is inferior to supermarket (Morrison's half a dozen doors up) or butchers' meat.

It looks like we're at the polar opposites here, because I have NEVER had any gammy fruit or veg from there, and their fruit especially is better and cheaper than supermarket fruit.

I would agree. Never had any bad fruit or veg brought from there. Cant comment on the meat.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
What is the headroom like? I will need to give my smugmobile back when I leave at the end of September and am looking for a cheap new car with a decent warranty and this was one on my list. However, at 6ft 1in and 16 stone, I need a car I can fit in as well.

Hmm.Don't think you'd be comfy in this little town car,but try a test drive.Got mine from drivethedeal.Don't get the two door.Only mistake I made really,but then I am one of the "one in a car" people usually.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Withdean Sportsman - £3.59 for a daytime carvery meal (£3.25 for kids), ok its not Michelin 5 star food but I took the wife and 2 kids there the other day, had a quick peek at the pitch to see how it was and then we all had a very large plate of hot fresh food and a drink all for under £19 which I didn't think was that bad.

Aye aye, bet that's well good now, about time, I always thought it was the worst local I could possibly have had when I lived next door. My mate is head chef there now, and he's bloody brilliant, didn't even realise til I dragged him along to Withdean t'other Satdi. Top bombing.

Taj is good value, they even chuck maggots into their fruit free of charge.

Pompoko's - best Jap food in Brighton, £4.20 for most mains and you can take your own pop for a quid.

Dirty Harry's and Immediate on Sydney Street - splendid t-shirts for a tenner.

Goose hairdressers - best snippers in town, only £12 and you'll probably hear an album you'll want to listen to forever while yer in there.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
For anyone heading to Orlando, spend a day at Crystal River on a snorkel trip with the manatees. Its an hour and a half drive, but a fantastic day out and much cheaper than the Disney parks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here